How do you decide what to believe?
    I use my intelligent mind to decide. 😏
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 22:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    RJ that was a perfectly reasonable question, are you saying in a roundabout way that that to attempt sensible conversation with you is pointless?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 00:05
    Originally posted by OdBod
    RJ that was a perfectly reasonable question, are you saying in a roundabout way that that to attempt sensible conversation with you is pointless?
    I believe I provided a perfectly reasonable response. 😏
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 00:12
    I believe I provided a perfectly reasonable response. 😏
    Not really, you said what you would use- your mind, but not how you would use it.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 01:47
    Not really, you said what you would use- your mind, but not how you would use it.
    You want to know how I used my intelligent mind? I believe I use it logically and reasonably. 😏
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 20:44
    You want to know how I used my intelligent mind? I believe I use it logically and reasonably. 😏
    Ok RJ you obviously don't want to discuss how you reach decisions. But can you help regarding early humans and Dinosaurs? Did they have them as pets ( like in the Flinstones) and did they eat their eggs( what an omelette that could be) ? 🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 20:57
    Ok RJ you obviously don't want to discuss how you reach decisions. But can you help regarding early humans and Dinosaurs? Did they have them as pets ( like in the Flinstones) and did they eat their eggs( what an omelette that could be) ? 🙂
    I can't provide you with all the details you ask. However, I believe they all ate vegetation and fruits of vegetation and not eggs until after the worldwide flood of Noah day when vegetation and fruits were less abundant. 😏
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 23:131 edit
    I can't provide you with all the details you ask. However, I believe they all ate vegetation and fruits of vegetation and not eggs until after the worldwide flood of Noah day when vegetation and fruits were less abundant. 😏
    Why did god allow so many of the Dinosaur species to drown in the flood?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 00:57
    Why did god allow so many of the Dinosaur species to drown in the flood?
    I don't know, but I suppose it is because His ways are higher than our ways. 😏
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 01:05
    RJ, since you have an intelligent mind, why do you so often insist on using the stupid one when you make posts here?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    RJ, since you have an intelligent mind, why do you so often insist on using the stupid one when you make posts here?
    I do not believe you have the intelligence to tell the difference. You are one of those that believe one is inteligent when they claim that a dinosaur bone that has soft tissue is 65 million years old. 😏

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/apr/dinosaur-dna
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 05:07
    I do not believe you have the intelligence to tell the difference. You are one of those that believe one is inteligent when they claim that a dinosaur bone that has soft tissue is 65 million years old. 😏

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/apr/dinosaur-dna
    Well, you see RJ, I'm not a paleobiologist and can't really make a strongly informed comment about those results. But that was the result she got. Sadly for you the presence of soft tissue does not change the age estimate of the dinosaur bones, although it does mean that the prior understanding of the dynamics of fossilization were incorrect. Since they haven't found any DNA yet [1] the headline was utterly misleading.

Also I don't make claims about intelligence on the grounds of beliefs. Holding contradictory beliefs might be a bad sign, claims of "near genius" almost certainly are.

[1] or more accurately, according to Schweitzer's Wikipedia page two papers have claimed to have succeeded in extracting some DNA, but its presence is unconfirmed.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:21
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well, you see RJ, I'm not a paleobiologist and can't really make a strongly informed comment about those results. But that was the result she got. Sadly for you the presence of soft tissue does not change the age estimate of the dinosaur bones, although it does mean that the prior understanding of the dynamics of fossilization were incorrect. Since th ...[text shortened]... o papers have claimed to have succeeded in extracting some DNA, but its presence is unconfirmed.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Just as I thought. 😏
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 08:31
    Thanks for the confirmation. Just as I thought. 😏
    It doesn't matter what you think, the bones are 60+ millions of years old. Your thinking you are intelligent doesn't change that fact Jack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree