Will the real homophobe please stand up!

Will the real homophobe please stand up!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

At work today I was talking to a carpenter that relayed a story about when he was in his late teens. He lived in a rural community out in South Dakota, and one day as he was grinding feed, or something, a few older farmers approached him and asked if any of those "funny guys" had ever bothered him. They said that if one ever did that he should bring him out to where they could "make him disappear".

This was only about some 12 or 13 years ago. I can't imagine associating with someone that bigoted and hateful. But I guess people, and children, are disappearing all the time.

"Vengeance is mine saith the Lord."

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 Jul 07
3 edits

Originally posted by josephw

I can't imagine associating with someone that bigoted and hateful.
Do you recall giving a sermon on this Bible Verse:

1Tim.2:11-14
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
We never did hear from his daughter again after she expressed an interest in the sermon competition. I was really looking forward to hearing her entry.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

I am not a homophobe. That is ludacris.
People are free to do as they please.
Just because I believe the bible, doesn't make me a bigot.
The bible does not promote bigotry.

I never label you! Why do you do that to me?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
We never did hear from his daughter again after she expressed an interest in the sermon competition. I was really looking forward to hearing her entry.
I did not prevent Heather from posting in the forum. Believe me, all my children are free thinkers, and independent.
She is going to have my 2nd grandchild, she had my first too, and she is busy with her husband and their home based business.
It was just by chance that she was even on line that day anyway.

You guys are a little too judgemental sometimes I think. You really don't know that much about me.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 Jul 07

Just because I believe the bible, doesn't make me a bigot.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

Can't you think of anything else to say?

E

Moves
06 Jul 07

he has made his point

E

Moves
06 Jul 07

you said it was bigotry to discriminate, and the bible does that a lot

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
06 Jul 07
1 edit

Just because the Bible does promote bigotry doesn't mean you have to believe any of it.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Jul 07

At work today I was talking to a carpenter that relayed a story about when he was in his late teens. He lived in a rural community out in South Dakota, and one day as he was grinding feed, or something, a few older farmers approached him and asked if any of those "funny guys" had ever bothered him. They said that if one ever did that he should bring him out ...[text shortened]... ople, and children, are disappearing all the time.

So lets see what you are trying to say.
1. One person goes round killing black people.
2. The other only goes round saying "The Bible says Apartheid is OK".
You are telling us that only 1. is a racist?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Jul 07

At work today I was talking to a carpenter that relayed a story about when he was in his late teens. He lived in a rural community out in South Dakota, and one day as he was grinding feed, or something, a few older farmers approached him and asked if any of those "funny guys" had ever bothered him. They said that if one ever did that he should bring him out ...[text shortened]... ople, and children, are disappearing all the time.

What's the point of this story?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 Jul 07

Yes it does. Women, black people, homosexuals, other religions, it is bigoted towards all of them.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

Bigot - obstinate and intolerant believer in a religion, etc.
dogmatist, partisan, sectionalist, intransigent, uncompromising, inflexible, prejudiced, biased, and narrow minded.

So you all think that this is what the bible promotes? And that those who believe the bible are bigots?

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
06 Jul 07

Bigot - obstinate and intolerant believer in a religion, etc.
dogmatist, partisan, sectionalist, intransigent, uncompromising, inflexible, prejudiced, biased, and narrow minded.

So you all think that this is what the bible promotes? And that those who believe the bible are bigots?
According to Merriam-Webster Online:
(http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/bigot)

Bigot -- a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

I would say that many verses in the Bible show blatant bigotry. I would also say that many people who believe the Bible practice bigotry.