17 Jan '10 23:05
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:06
    Originally posted by webbinator
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLN2k0b3g70
    I've got nothing against doing whatever it takes to make a positive impact on the world, and maybe help change a person's life for the better.

Will Smith is a fine actor. I enjoyed his movies.

My question is this; With so much greatness that is supposed to be in all of us, why does it seem as though the world is spiraling out of control?

Will Smith feels good about himself, and for good reason. He's on top of the world.

But six million children died of starvation, malnutrition, and disease last year world wide. All of it preventable. Where's the greatness?

Like the young fella I met on the street today, conned me out of five bucks for a bus ticket home. I knew he was conning me, but I gave him the money anyway. His hope for the future is dim. Just another casualty. I let him get away.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    I've got nothing against doing whatever it takes to make a positive impact on the world, and maybe help change a person's life for the better.

Will Smith is a fine actor. I enjoyed his movies.

My question is this; With so much greatness that is supposed to be in all of us, why does it seem as though the world is spiraling out of control?

Will Smith ...[text shortened]... the money anyway. His hope for the future is dim. Just another casualty. I let him get away.
    It is precisely these 'no hopers' that have the potential for great radical change in their lives. The ones that are down and out, the ones with nothing to lose. I think its inplied that even Jesus knew this.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 02:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It is precisely these 'no hopers' that have the potential for great radical change in their lives. The ones that are down and out, the ones with nothing to lose. I think its inplied that even Jesus knew this.
    It is precisely these 'no hopers' who overwhelmingly populate the field of folks who blaze new trails in self-abuse, 'creatively' dreaming up such novel approaches to combat reality by concocting never-before considered drug cocktails such as marijuana and embalming fluid.

I guess with nothing left to lose, they figure they might as well lose large.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 03:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It is precisely these 'no hopers' who overwhelmingly populate the field of folks who blaze new trails in self-abuse, 'creatively' dreaming up such novel approaches to combat reality by concocting never-before considered drug cocktails such as marijuana and embalming fluid.

I guess with nothing left to lose, they figure they might as well lose large.
    My point was that when people are down and out they have a (greater) potential to be converted into seekers of the truth. Be it through Jesus or other religons.

Why the negativity Freaky? I'm trying to make a positive statement in the face of great odds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree