1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 07:43
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I;m very sorry to hear that, but it hardly amounts to "always".
    my hair cutter is a close friend, she has had problems with doctors because they dont know whats wrong with her, and ended up doing damage instead of helping her, also. she could die
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 07:54
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    my hair cutter is a close friend, she has had problems with doctors because they dont know whats wrong with her, and ended up doing damage instead of helping her, also. she could die
    I've never had a problem with medics. Probably, 99% of your interactions with them are positive, it's always easy to flag up the negative ones.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 08:53
    Wisdom is having the experience to know that the 'smart' choice is not always the right one.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 09:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I've never had a problem with medics. Probably, 99% of your interactions with them are positive, it's always easy to flag up the negative ones.
    My grandma died at 61 because the doctors made her take a blood thinner for her heart problems while at the same time giving her a blood thinner for her cancer. She did not die from the heart problem nor the cancer, she died from having seizures due to how thin her blood was.

I should never have said that doctors are trustworthy, but my point is that there are situations when you can and do learn from others' experience. Can anyone think of a better example?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 10:15
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    Wisdom is realizing that despite all your bad experiences, you will probably still go to a doctor when you get sick. Doctors are right more than they are wrong or no-one would go to them. They are not infallible though.

I know a number of people whose lives have been significantly prolonged by doctors. In fact, if it wasn't for doctors most of us would actually be dead by now. I have had several diseases in my life that if left untreated would have almost certainly been fatal.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 13:451 edit
    Wisdom is about being faced with a new situation, the like of which you
    haven't previously experienced, but being able to use your knowledge,
    experience and insight to find a sensible way of handling the situation
    such that it won't get completely out of hand.

Wisdom is to not act before you know what's going on. Wisdom is to not
    speak without thought. Wisdom is to find the simplest solution to a
    difficult problem. Wisdom is to not being controlled by superficial
    prejudice thoughts and feelings they may arise. Wisdom is acquired
    over time, but only a handful of people actually get any wiser with age. I
    know a fifteen year old kid who often display signs of wisdom far superior
    to my forty five year old friend; his dad.
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 19:531 edit
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    I would agree with you except for one thing...right and wrong are not defined by experience.

You most certainly CAN learn from some ones experience - we do it all the time. Have you ever trusted a doctors’ diagnosis? The doctor has [b]experienced knowledge
    that you don't even question. Isn't it wise to learn from the doctors’ experience?[/b]
    sharpemother, you've using the word "knowledge" in the wrong context... you're using knowledge to imply intellect.... i was using it to imply wisdom - wisdom can not be learnt from books, only learnt from experience, and no one else's either... only our own... knowledge is reading about the taste of a orange... wisdom is tasting the orange
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 06:23
    From what I have studied out of the Bible, wisdom is knowledge we have acquired and then practiced and applied in our daily lives. Just remember that there is all kinds of wisdom: from knowing the best way to arrange a stockroom in a warehouse to enhancing our relationship with our Lord and God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree