Witness Lee on the Need for Believing

Witness Lee on the Need for Believing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
3 edits

The tactic of Ghost of a Duke is to make false accusations against a man. Then when samples are given from that man that his accusations are false, he uses that to spread more lies:
Ie.
You hold the man's words higher than the Bible.
You are fanatically devoted to the man.
You talk too much about the man.
All you can do is cut and paste the words of the man.

This is his slimy tactic to undermine a influential servant of Christ.
copied from Contending For the Faith [my bolding and spacing]

https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/the-truth-concerning-salvation/
Some teaching from Brother Witness Lee on the need for believing in the Lord Jesus:

What is the way for us to be regenerated? How can we receive regeneration? In verses 15, 16, 18, and 36 [of John 3] the Lord said, “that every one who believes in Him may have eternal life”; “that everyone who believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life”; “he who believes in Him is not judged”; “he who believes in the Son has eternal life.” These emphatic words spoken repeatedly by the Lord tell us clearly and definitely that the way for us to be saved and regenerated is simply to believe in the Lord.

To believe is the only way for us to receive salvation and regeneration. It is absolutely a matter of faith. Regardless of how much we can work or how good our work may be, we cannot be saved and regenerated by our work. Our work does not count in this matter. Only faith counts. Salvation and regeneration must be by faith. It is by faith in the Lord, by believing in the Lord, that we receive the forgiveness, the release from God’s condemnation negatively.

It is also by faith, by believing in the Lord, that we receive eternal life, the divine life of God, positively for our regeneration. The Lord has accomplished the redemptive work for us. By His redemptive death on the cross, He has met all of God’s righteous demands on us and has fulfilled all the requirements of God’s righteousness, holiness, and glory for us. … We do not need to do anything except believe in what the Lord has accomplished…. There is no need of our work, only of faith in His finished, completed, and all-inclusive redemptive work…. It is by the way of believing in the Lord with His all-inclusive redemptive work that we receive God’s life and are born of Him to be His sons (italics added).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21

Ghost of a Duke writes:

So, according to Witness Lee (and presumably Sonship) an atheist can be saved even if they have no intention of believing in God. They only need to speak hollow words. (I have just done that and safeguarded my own salvation.)

Witness Lee spoke:

In the same message Witness Lee goes on to speak of receiving the Lord and believing into Him:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To believe in the Lord means to receive Him (John 1:12). The Lord is receivable. He is now the life-giving Spirit, with His complete redemption, waiting for and expecting us to receive Him. Our spirit is the receiving organ. We can receive the Lord’s Spirit into our spirit by believing in Him. Once we believe in Him, He as the Spirit, enters into our spirit. Then we are regenerated by Him, the life-giving Spirit, and become one spirit with Him (1 Cor. 6:17). The phrase “believes in” in verses 16, 18, and 36 literally translated should be “believes into Him.” When we believe in the Lord, we believe into Him. By believing in Him, we get into Him to be one with Him, to partake of Him, and to participate in all that He has accomplished for us. By believing into Him, we are identified with Him in all that He is and in all that He has passed through, accomplished, attained, and obtained. As we become one with Him by believing into Him, we are saved and regenerated by Him as life. It is by believing into Him that we partake of Him as life and are regenerated in Him (italics added).

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Dec 21

@sonship said
The tactic of Ghost of a Duke is to make false accusations against a man. Then when samples are given from that man that his accusations are false, he uses that to spread more lies:
Then why create a new thread to get away from the direct quote from Witness Lee that has had you flapping around like a wild goose, spamming the forum. Here is the quote again:

“We have seen that to reach the unbelievers, no preaching is necessary. If we help them say “O Lord” three times, they will be saved. If they open the window, the air will get in. All they have to do is to open their mouths and say, “O Lord, O Lord.” Even if they have no intention of believing, still they will be caught! Regardless of whether they have the intention or not, as long as they open the
window, the air will get in. It is not a matter of teaching; it is a matter of touching the seven Spirits of God.”

Witness Lee, Stream Magazine, p.6 (1970)

Moves
21 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
The tactic of Ghost of a Duke is to make false accusations against a man.
In this case I think you are wrong.

Your tactic when in an intellectual pinch seems to be to run away from the point put to you and start another thread to obfuscate. You’ve done it me several times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21

Readers can decide for themselves. I'm confident.

I don't need to check back to see what further quips have been added by Ghost of Duke or Divegester.

The specific quotation about a man calling three times was not spoken in a vacuum. The background was that someone had actually gotten regenerated and became a lover of the Lord Jesus.

The speaking of Brother Lee about being saved in spite of one's initial intention was AFTER THE FACT speaking. He was talking about something that had happened. But this will require more time and research.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Dec 21

@sonship said
Readers can decide for themselves. I'm confident.

I don't need to check back to see what further quips have been added by Ghost of Duke or Divegester.

The specific quotation about a man calling three times was not spoken in a vacuum. The background was that someone had actually gotten regenerated and became a lover of the Lord Jesus.

The speaking of Br ...[text shortened]... g. He was talking about something that had happened. But this will require more time and research.
I don't think many people read your diatribes. If they do contain a small nugget of interest they are invariably wrapped in a load of self-indulgent twaddle.

Oh, and you are incorrect in what you have written. Try harder.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
3 edits

Being wrong about what you accuse is not rectified by claiming proudly - "Why, no one reads" the corrections.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Dec 21

@sonship said
Being wrong about what you accuse is not rectified by claiming proudly - "Why, no one reads" the corrections.
I assure you, when you spam a thread with six or seven consecutive posts, very few people read them. At best they will scan them and perhaps respond to a particular sentence. I actually consider multiple posts rather rude and preachy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester

While I am at it. I'll deal a little with your mythology with this case in point.

Divegeester has set forth the suspicion that Witness Lee DIFFERED significantly from his senior co-worker Watchman Nee. His basic line of thought is "Nee was OK. Lee messed up."

Below are evidences that the two men were in harmony about calling, believing and salvation. From https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/the-truth-concerning-salvation/#cid5 [my bolding]

Watchman Nee was one who knew well that in preaching the gospel our first object must be to lead people to the Lord Himself. In the book What Shall This Man Do? he says, “The main question is whether or not we have the Son, and not, first of all, whether or not we understand the whole plan of salvation. The first condition of salvation is not knowledge, but meeting Christ” (pp.39-40). In the same chapter, entitled “Catching Men,” he goes on to say, “I have come to see that all that is needed for the initial step is that there should be a personal touch with God” (p.40). Watchman Nee points out that a person’s greatest “need is to see the Lord Jesus Himself, and to meet Him and to ‘touch’ Him” (p.43). “Salvation is not initially a question of knowledge,” he says, “but of ‘touch.’ All who touch the Lord receive life” (p.42). Watchman Nee learned that in bringing others to Christ, to convince them of certain points is not the first thing. The first thing is to bring them into direct contact with the Lord. He observes, “Salvation is not a question of ‘points’! Salvation is not even a question of under-standing or of will. It is, as we have seen, a question of meeting God—of men coming into first-hand contact with Christ the Saviour.” (p.45).

Our study of the Word of God and our experience over many years confirm Watchman Nee’s testimony that what people need initially is not belief in a body of teachings, nor even certainty as to all the facts concerning how God accomplished redemption through the death of Christ, but a direct, personal touch with the living Christ. He is the Savior, even our very salvation. When people contact Him and believe into Him, they are truly saved. This is our belief, teaching, testimony, and practice concerning the way of salvation.

See Divegeester? Your imaginary wedge between Nee and Lee are just suspicious, bogus fabrications - strivings out of your own confused soul.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I assure you, when you spam a thread with six or seven consecutive posts, very few people read them.

Give it up Ghost. I go back latter and read things in detail. Sometimes I go back and look at videos previously not watched. You don't need to taunt me about that. Others wanting to know more probably do the same.

You're foolishly banking on the medium to work to your advantage.

"Its too long, you're rebuttal, and boring. Therefore I'm right" doesn't work.

Moves
21 Dec 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I assure you, when you spam a thread with six or seven consecutive posts, very few people read them. At best they will scan them and perhaps respond to a particular sentence. I actually consider multiple posts rather rude and preachy.
My strategy with sonship posts is to read the first line to see if he’s actually responded to the point I put to him and if not then quickly scan through twaddle** to see if he’s ignored it completely or hidden a little gem in the midst of it all.

**new noun: “swaddle/swaffle”
Sonship twaddle/waffle
Specifically pertaining to a sonship “long-post”
Humorous, derogatory

Moves
21 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

While I am at it. I'll deal a little with your mythology with this case in point.

Divegeester has set forth the suspicion that Witness Lee DIFFERED significantly from his senior co-worker Watchman Nee. His basic line of thought is "Nee was OK. Lee messed up."

Below are evidences that the two men were in harmony about calling, believing and salvat ...[text shortened]... een Nee and Lee are just suspicious, bogus fabrications - strivings out of your own confused soul.
There is plenty of evidence documented on the web stating the contrary.

You would probably not be permitted, or discouraged from reading it, wouldn’t you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
2 edits

@divegeester

Put aside asking about of my official position and whether I am "permitted" to read or not read stuff. Put aside who you think I am scared is watching over my shoulder. The Lord Jesus is. Put these suspicions aside and deal with the substance.

Elijah and Elisha were greatly used by God. In certain details they differed - This however is not sufficient ground to state they were opposed to each other. That is ridiculous.

"WE can find things that Elisha said and did which Elijah did not do or say." That doesn't mean one betrayed the ministry of the other. They both were used by the same God. You know one man can only accomplish so much in a lifetime. God's needs and uses successive servants.

I am going back to soften a bit one of the comments I made about you above.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 21
1 edit

Opps. A little too late.

What I wrote:

See Divegeester? Your imaginary wedge between Nee and Lee are just suspicious, bogus fabrications - strivings out of your own confused soul.

I would like to re-word.
See Divegeester? Your imaginary wedge between Nee and Lee is just not correct here.

Moves
21 Dec 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Put aside asking about of my official position and whether I am "permitted" to read or not read stuff. Put aside who you think I am scared is watching over my shoulder. The Lord Jesus is. Put these suspicions aside and deal with the substance.
I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which contradicted Lee and/or criticised the movement.

Is this something you have either witnessed (no pun intended) or personally experienced?