1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 15:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because it is what makes us human, that we can be open and vulnerable to one another. It's honesty.

But my point was that atheists see it as a thing to be feared.
    Ahhuh.

Ok first off, 'atheists' are an incredibly diverse bunch and other than the fact
    that we all lack a belief in gods we collectively agree on nothing else.

So your 'point' will at best apply to a subset of atheists, and not to all.
    And is thus an unwarranted generalisation.

Secondly, being 'vulnerable' is not in your example a good thing in and of itself.
    You are instead saying that opening yourself up to people and trusting them is
    a part of healthy human relationships and a good thing and that that makes you
    vulnerable to those people. I would agree, but that doesn't make the 'being vulnerable'
    in and of itself a good thing which is what I asked.
    It's also a two way street, you expect in a healthy relationship that when you open
    up to someone they reciprocate.

You can't have such a relationship with a non-existent deity.

And given how awful the bible god is made out to be I can't see how anyone would
    want a relationship with it.

Believing in a non-existent god doesn't give you a relationship with anything.

Making you vulnerable is not thus a plus point of belief.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 15:27
    Gf, I hope maybe you can see my overall point here.

As many bizarro (to me) ideas you spew out, I can spew out just as many bizarro (to you) ideas back.

Having a different opinion is no reason to despise someone.
    Who says I despise you?

As I have said many times I find your religion repugnant and stupid.

That is entirely not the same thing as hating YOU.

I don't. I just think that in this you are wrong.

Mainly because you have the unsupportable belief that faith is a reasonable
    method of forming beliefs.

Also "Having a different opinion is no reason to despise someone." sounds very
    nice and all until you make the opinion [for example] "That blacks and Whites shouldn't
    interbreed and that interracial couples should be burned to death"...
    At which point having a 'different opinion' is very much a reason to despise
    someone.

I don't do platitudes such as this because when you get the fuzzy warm surface
    they invariably turn out to be wrong.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 23:51
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Why do human beings who are so limited in ability [b]Not want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

Why do human beings refuse eternal life?

Why do human beings choose evil over God on purpose?[/b]
    Not all do. Enoch! My dad and others.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 00:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why do human beings who are so limited in ability not want to have sex with Aphrodite?

Why do human beings refuse eternal life in Valhalla?

Why do human beings choose evil over Allah on purpose?

It is a mystery. 🙄
    ?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 05:01
    Replace "human beings" in these questions with "atheists".

The answers become quite clear.
    That is a good correction to the stated questions.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:03
    FMF typed:
    Are you addressing people who do not believe in the God figure that you happen to believe in? Or are you addressing people with the same beliefs as you?
    --------------------

FMF,
    I want to know from people who do not believe in God of the bible concerning any of the typings that I typed below.

1) Why do human beings who are so limited in ability Not want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

2) Why do human beings refuse eternal life?

3) Why do human beings choose evil over God on purpose?
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Very good questions. Have you considered the possibility though, that you are asking the wrong questions?
    Have you ever met anyone that:
    1. Does not want to have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?
    2. Refused eternal life?
    3. Chose evil over God on purpose?
    Do you not notice any on RHP who reject God on here in all 3 questions? Do you not notice people in your own environment that do the same?
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:155 edits
    GoogleFudge Typed:
    -------------------------
    There is no rational reason to suppose that god/s exist, or that an afterlife
    of any kind exists [eternal or otherwise].
    And thus there is no reason to suppose that the options you claim people are
    rejecting actually exist.
    -----------------------------

When a person hears about the God of the bible and His salvation, and refuses to believe in God, that is rejecting God. When that person doesn't ask Christ to forgive him or her of their sin and save him or her, that is rejecting God. Not putting faith in Christ is rejecting God.

As for rational reason to believe in God, there are human beings, plants, animals, the earth, the sun, the moon, the oxygen/carbon dioxide symbiosis of plants with animals, and plants with humans. There is the greater capabilities of human beings over the rest of the environment which includes animals. Do you think that human beings are the "top of the line" in existence? Why is it so hard to have faith that there is one greater than all human beings named, GOD?

And also, human beings who were born did not know anything of the past before they came to know the past as a matter of faith. We accept that the earth has existed before we were born by faith. We were not around to measure the earth or its existence. We accept human history by faith because we were not around to see it or hear it. We were not around to experience any of it before we were born. Does that mean that human history did not happen because you and I have never experienced all of human history before us?

How many things do we accept by faith that existed before we were born?

Why is it so hard to accept by faith that there are things and a being existing before the earth and all in it when it includes God?

Why is it so hard to accept by faith that there can be existences after we die which include more humans, and places, and God?

Does all history of man end and become non-existent just because we die? Actually earth and history has gone on many times after many people have died within our life times thus far.

Does God not exist because He does not reveal HIMSELF to us? You may type many times on RHP, but I may never meet you. I may never use science to prove you exist. By faith, I believe that you are someone who actually types on RHP.

Can you and I really get away from faith about many things in our own lives that we really have not used a scientific method to discover? The God of the bible wants faith as well.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:35
    [b]FMF typed:
    Are you addressing people who do not believe in the God figure that you happen to believe in? Or are you addressing people with the same beliefs as you?
    --------------------

FMF,
    I want to know from people who do not believe in God of the bible concerning any of the typings that I typed below.
    1) Why do human beings who are so limited in ability NOT want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe there is "fellowship with God as a son or daughter".*

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe there is "eternal life".*

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe they are "choosing evil over God on purpose".*

* = there may be exceptions.

What answers do you expect or want to questions like these?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:46
    FMF Typed:
    ----------------
    ----------------

FMF,
    I want the truth from these same people to the following questions:

Why do human beings who are so limited in ability Not want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

Why do human beings choose evil over God on purpose?
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:48
    FMF Typed
    ------------------
    1) Why do human beings who are so limited in ability NOT want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe there is "fellowship with God as a son or daughter".*

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe there is "eternal life".*

People who do not believe in God of the bible do not believe they are "choosing evil over God on purpose".*

* = there may be exceptions.
    ---------------------

FMF,
    But what are the reasons behind their unbelief? What drives them to not believe? What drives them to Not want to believe?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:531 edit
    Do you not notice any on RHP who reject God on here in all 3 questions? Do you not notice people in your own environment that do the same?
    No, I do not. Do you?

And why haven't you answered wolfgang59's questions?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:54
    FMF Typed:
    ----------------
    ----------------

FMF,
    I want the truth from these same people to the following questions:

Why do human beings who are so limited in ability [b]Not
    want to even have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?

Why do human beings choose evil over God on purpose?[/b]
    Did you read my post?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 06:56
    But what are the reasons behind their unbelief?

A lack of reason to believe.

What drives them to not believe?

A lack of belief.

What drives them to Not want to believe?

A lack of reasons to make them want to believe.

Have you never met anyone before who did not believe the things you believe?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 07:01
    How many things do we accept by faith that existed before we were born?
    How many things have you accepted on faith?
    Do you have faith in fairies?
    Do you have faith in Father Christmas?
    If not, why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree