1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:36
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    "Who says there is an eternal life."

Based on those who type here, nearly everyone.
    What makes you say this?
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:41
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Wolfgang,
    I want answers from people who reject God. And I want to answer things that are not jokes.
    You can find those who reject God by finding those who reject life. Those who take pleasure from another's misery.

There is an evil in them so vile, you wouldn't think it possible that even they could be forgiven.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Very good questions. Have you considered the possibility though, that you are asking the wrong questions?
    Have you ever met anyone that:
    1. Does not want to have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?
    2. Refused eternal life?
    3. Chose evil over God on purpose?
    Chose evil over God on purpose?

I have met some who desire to serve Satan.
    I have battled many who walk in the darkness.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:45
    You can find those who reject God by finding those who reject life. Those who take pleasure from another's misery.

There is an evil in them so vile, you wouldn't think it possible that even they could be forgiven.
    This "taking pleasure from another's misery" and "vile evil"... Do you think there is any of this going on in this community?
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:48
    Very good questions. Have you considered the possibility though, that you are asking the wrong questions?
    Have you ever met anyone that:
    1. Does not want to have fellowship with God as a son or daughter?
    2. Refused eternal life?
    3. Chose evil over God on purpose?
    Have you ever been to New Orleans, La. The people there will brag about being the voodoo capital of the world. Unfortunately, they are right. Satanism is also very strong there.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    This "taking pleasure from another's misery" and "vile evil"... Do you think there is any of this going on in this community?
    In RHP, no! Not even in the trash talk, that some find offensive. You don't know this type of evil. You should be happy of that.

In the trash talk, even God can laugh. He does have a weird sense of humor.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What makes you say this?
    I have talked about my spiritual experiences in the past. Those quotes were leveled at me. I don't mind talking about them, the experiences, i just can't give the proof people seek. It is a matter of faith.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 02:06
    I have talked about my spiritual experiences in the past. Those quotes were leveled at me. I don't mind talking about them, the experiences, i just can't give the proof people seek. It is a matter of faith.
    Mmm. I'll try again.

In answer to ""Who says there is an eternal life?" You said: "Based on those who type here, nearly everyone."

You are mistaken, of course. So I am seeking clarification. My question is What makes you say that "nearly everyone" here "says there is an eternal life"?
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 02:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mmm. I'll try again.

In answer to ""Who says there is an eternal life?" You said: "Based on those who type here, nearly everyone."

You are mistaken, of course. So I am seeking clarification. My question is What makes you say that "nearly everyone" here "says there is an eternal life"?
    Hmmm, seems to me you are taking the words out of context. I'll try again, maybe it will work if you read or quote all of what is written.

Snake handlers base their whole church on one line in the bible. Are you akin to them, hmmm!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 02:23
    Hmmm, seems to me you are taking the words out of context. I'll try again, maybe it will work if you read or quote all of what is written.

Snake handlers base their whole church on one line in the bible. Are you akin to them, hmmm!
    You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 07:101 edit
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Twhitehead,
    We believe that Wolfgang exists because he communicates by a man's language. The same with God. We don't deny Wolfgang exists, do we? So, why do we deny God exists even though He has communicated through man's words - Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Also God has communicated through creation. Creation we can even test scientifically. However, for God, as with Wolfgang, it takes faith to believe they exist.
    How does any of that excuse you from answering his questions?

I believe someone exists who wrote what appears in Wolfgangs posts. From the wording I believe he is human. I do not believe God is writing Wolfgangs posts, nor do I know who or where the actual human who writes them is.
    I believe someone wrote the various books of the Bible. I believe there were many writers spread out over time. I do not believe God was involved.
    If you think you can test creation scientifically, feel free to do so and present you results. That I might take seriously.

But when you do, and I have taken you seriously and been convinced that a God exists, it is quite likely that I would choose eternal life etc. So the questions in your OP are still not asking about me, so I ask you again, who are you talking about?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 15:17
    How does any of that excuse you from answering his questions?

I believe someone exists who wrote what appears in Wolfgangs posts. From the wording I believe he is human. I do not believe God is writing Wolfgangs posts, nor do I know who or where the actual human who writes them is.
    I believe someone wrote the various books of the Bible. I believe ther ...[text shortened]... estions in your OP are still not asking about me, so I ask you again, who are you talking about?
    Really? You would actually want an infinite unending existence?

I mean I totally get that [typically less than] 100 years isn't a long time
    to exist and wanting [much] more... But an Infinite existence?

To me I can't imagine anything resembling me could cope with an infinite
    existence without going insane. No matter how great that existence might
    be to start with.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 15:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
    I had to reread my statement. Sometimes i think faster than i type. The first line you have was quoting what was written earlier. And the beginning of my comment ment just the opposite.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 15:42
    "Who says there is an eternal life."

Based on those who type here, nearly everyone. When a person has spiritual experiences that would give credence to the idea of a God. The demand is , "I want proof", or "we know what you've been smoking" or "I want some of what you are taking" and so on.

Do you really want the answers?
    posting on my own quote, something different.

Quoting the original message, "Who says there is an eternal life" ?

When i typed of my own experiences, (spiritual) many were skeptical, and a lot of sarcasm. There were a few, maybe 3 who had any real interest. So in my comments here, i was just stating that most here were not really interested in hearing or learning something deeper. Many want proof up front and that isn't how it ussualy goes. Walking in God takes faith, and that is like a seed that grows in us.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 14:28
    TWhiteHead,

King James Version
    ================
    Hebrews 11: 1-3, 6
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree