1. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    24 Oct '09 18:34
    From the BBC website

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

    Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

    Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their existing practices.

    Many who are considering conversion are unhappy at women bishops being introduced into the Church of England.


    How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
  2. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Oct '09 18:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    From the BBC website

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

    Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

    Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their e ...[text shortened]... roduced into the Church of England.


    How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
    I heard this and thought how sad that the Catholics and this other group are willing to mix their beliefs. This is completely contrary to Bibles commands. But in reality neither have the truth of the Bible taught in their chirch anyway so it really doesn't matter. And this also shows as any report will prove that the catholic church is still losing members by the thousands, so I guess they feel that they have to make deals with other religions to try and gain members......Wow!!
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 19:29
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    From the BBC website

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

    Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

    Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their e ...[text shortened]... roduced into the Church of England.


    How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
    this just goes to illustrate the problems that one faces when one denies scripture and tries to supersede it with social convention. Firstly there never was a clergy and laity divide and secondly, women were not given the position of responsibility of shepherding the 'flock of God'.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    24 Oct '09 20:21
    This is yet another reason that I cannot ever be christian.

    In Saudiarabia women are not allowed to even drive a car. Are christianity toward that direction too?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 22:071 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is yet another reason that I cannot ever be christian.

    In Saudiarabia women are not allowed to even drive a car. Are christianity toward that direction too?
    it is a simple matter of responsibility that is all. men have the responsibility of shepherding and looking after the congregation. It is not a position of prominence , but of servitude, as exemplified by Christ when he humbly washed the feet of the apostles, in an object lesson. It is not a light matter, for they shall render,' an account', to God, for it is 'Gods congregation', an each must be qualified. If you would like to put it in context with what happens in Saudi Arabia, i suggest you read this.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8324117.stm
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    24 Oct '09 22:101 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is a simple matter of responsibility that is all. men have the responsibility of shepherding and looking after the congregation. It is not a position of prominence , but of servitude, as exemplified by Christ when he humbly washed the feet of the apostles, in an object lesson. It is not a light matter, for they shall render an 'account', to God, for it is 'Gods congregation', an each must be qualified.
    And why is not women qualified to take care of a herd? Hve you never seen a children care center? Haven't you seen the caring women herding a school of children?

    Do you think women are lessser creatures than men? Is this what the christian church teaches?

    Yes, I read the article. I can also give you an article about christian preaches and cardinals sexually molesting choir boys for there own pleasure. But this is not really the issue here. The issue is why the catholic church are teaching that women aren't pure enough, near god enough, to be allowed to be preaches.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 22:163 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And why is not women qualified to take care of a herd? Hve you never seen a children care center? Haven't you seen the caring women herding a school of children?

    Do you think women are lessser creatures than men? Is this what the christian church teaches?
    women are perfectly able to be teachers and amply qualified to care for the congregation, however it is simply Gods arrangement that is all. Therefore the arrangement itself must be respected. It has nothing to do with a gender bias, nor education, nor even ability, it is simply an arrangement that is to be respected. As for the church, i have no idea what happens there, but i dont think the future looks very bright, for they have forsaken the arrangement of God, and what you see happening in Noobsters post and in your own, is the result.
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Oct '09 22:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is a simple matter of responsibility that is all. men have the responsibility of shepherding and looking after the congregation. It is not a position of prominence , but of servitude, as exemplified by Christ when he humbly washed the feet of the apostles, in an object lesson. It is not a light matter, for they shall render,' an account', to Go ...[text shortened]... Arabia, i suggest you read this.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8324117.stm
    The humbelness that Jesus showed and taught us all and especially those who take the lead in the congregations is something that has been lost in most churches. Most church leaders now set themselves up in a high positions and demand to be called names and titles that are only reserved for God and his son Jesus. The Pope is one very blatent example of this. And the Catholic's have set up their priest to take over the position of Jesus and want you to pray thru them to God. The Bible is extremly clear that we "ONLY" go thru Jesus in prayer.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 22:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The humbelness that Jesus showed and taught us all and especially those who take the lead in the congregations is something that has been lost in most churches. Most church leaders now set themselves up in a high positions and demand to be called names and titles that are only reserved for God and his son Jesus. The Pope is one very blatent example of th ...[text shortened]... to pray thru them to God. The Bible is extremly clear that we "ONLY" go thru Jesus in prayer.
    yes, this is the position that i do not think people realise, for they associate positions of responsibility with positions of eminence and power, where in fact the opposite should be true, it is a position of servitude. (p.s. cowboys are quite average as far as i can see) 😀
  10. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Oct '09 22:59
    You know Nobster and Fabian, Robbie and myself know where you guys are coming from on so many issues that are talked about here on the forums. You both as well as many hundreds of thousands of people on this planet are fed up with religions as a whole. You see the deceat, hipocrocy, confusion, sickness, lies, greed, false and pagan teachings, etc, etc, that they promote and as time goes by they are finally getting more and more exposed to how Godless they really are. It's amazing to me that anyone still goes to any churches at all. And more and more not only are quiting, but turn to hating religion and wonder if there was a God, why does he allow this to continue?
    I can honestly say I would be right beside all of those who hate religion if I didn't know what the Bible says about this as it was fortold to happen. And I know the Bible does not lie and that very soon all the false religions will be destroyed.....The book of Revelation is so very clear on this.
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Oct '09 23:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, this is the position that i do not think people realise, for they associate positions of responsibility with positions of eminence and power, where in fact the opposite should be true, it is a position of servitude. (p.s. cowboys are quite average as far as i can see) 😀
    PS...You so right on that....🙁
  12. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    24 Oct '09 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    From the BBC website

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

    Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

    Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their e ...[text shortened]... roduced into the Church of England.


    How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
    I think that this decision has been greatly misrepresented in the media. We have known for several years of Anglican clergy who, for whatever reason, have no longer felt comfortable in the Anglican communion. As a result, the Pope has granted these Anglicans the right to enter the Catholic Church and retain their own Anglican rituals, provided that they accept Catholic teaching. I suspect the issue of female clergy has been one reason. But it is not the only. Traditional Anglicans have been disturbed by the moral teachings of some progressive Anglicans, the acceptance of abortion and same-sex relations. Only a few year ago there was a scandal as one female Episcopalian bishop revealed that she was a practicing Muslim. There has also been the issue of liturgy -- progressive Anglicans celebrate a very different liturgy. A few dioceses allow lay people to preside over the Mass.
  13. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    24 Oct '09 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The humbelness that Jesus showed and taught us all and especially those who take the lead in the congregations is something that has been lost in most churches. Most church leaders now set themselves up in a high positions and demand to be called names and titles that are only reserved for God and his son Jesus. The Pope is one very blatent example of th to pray thru them to God. The Bible is extremly clear that we "ONLY" go thru Jesus in prayer.
    The Pope is one very blatent example of this. And the Catholic's have set up their priest to take over the position of Jesus and want you to pray thru them to God.

    This is just false. As I have told you in the past, acquaint yourself with Catholic doctrine before you voice criticisms. I have never ever heard a Catholic pray through a priest.
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 23:10
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I think that this decision has been greatly misrepresented in the media. We have known for several years of Anglican clergy who, for whatever reason, have no longer felt comfortable in the Anglican communion. As a result, the Pope has granted these Anglicans the right to enter the Catholic Church and retain their own Anglican rituals, provided that they acc ...[text shortened]... ve Anglicans celebrate a very different liturgy. Some allow lay people to preside over the Mass.
    one female Episcopalian bishop revealed that she was a practicing Muslim,

    an incredible statement.
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Oct '09 23:351 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    From the BBC website

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

    Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

    Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their e ...[text shortened]... roduced into the Church of England.


    How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
    the church of political correctness
Back to Top