Women and the church

Women and the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by stoker
the reason forward in faith set up was because of women priests, the reason for leaving is women bishops, and the lambert council who voted against a compromise.
the reason why they against the audination of women is becuse of pauls teachings, so if we say ignore pauls teachings on this why dont we ignore other teachings.
yes, why don't we?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Oct 09

the reason forward in faith set up was because of women priests, the reason for leaving is women bishops, and the lambert council who voted against a compromise.
the reason why they against the audination of women is becuse of pauls teachings, so if we say ignore pauls teachings on this why dont we ignore other teachings.
so if we say ignore pauls teachings on this why dont we ignore other teachings

Why not?

s

England

Moves
27 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]so if we say ignore pauls teachings on this why dont we ignore other teachings

Why not?[/b]
do not live up to your name.. even you can understand the reason.
but just incase you carnt,,, we ignore a saints teachings or decide they are not with our thoughts, then the rest becomes useles, and we might as well rewrite the whole scripute to fit in with our beliefs.

rc

Moves
27 Oct 09

I applaud your integrity to uphold the inspired word of God! most refreshing than these other nambie pambie weak and wimpy christians!

s

England

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I applaud your integrity to uphold the inspired word of God! most refreshing than these other nambie pambie weak and wimpy christians!
thank you..

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Oct 09
1 edit

do not live up to your name.. even you can understand the reason.
but just incase you carnt,,, we ignore a saints teachings or decide they are not with our thoughts, then the rest becomes useles, and we might as well rewrite the whole scripute to fit in with our beliefs.
Listen mate, first things first. If you wanna come out swinging like a tough guy i suggest two things.

1) Spell correctly

2) Make sure your sentences make grammatical sense. I can't answer your points if i don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Some of us in the world are evolved beings, who see the Bible as nothing more than a 'historical mythical superhero tale'. I appreciate your quaint traditions and superstitions but that is all it is to me. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

we might as well rewrite the whole scripute to fit in with our beliefs.

Why not, this is the 21st century not 100AD.

s

England

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Listen mate, first things first. If you wanna come out swinging like a tough guy i suggest two things.

1) Spell correctly

2) Make sure your sentences make grammatical sense. I can't answer your points if i don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Some of us in the world are evolved beings, who see the Bible as nothing more than a 'historic ...[text shortened]... e scripute to fit in with our beliefs.

Why not, this is the 21st century not 100AD.[/b]
oh my spelling is bad,
2 gramma i did better at maths at school.
but what hurt the most is you dont know what the hell im talking about.
your belief is some mythical super hero, not mine they are based on my understandings, some things are not cast in stone but have grown with a church, they are moveable, but the bible is for all generations as it is written.

Z

Moves
27 Oct 09

oh my spelling is bad,
2 gramma i did better at maths at school.
but what hurt the most is you dont know what the hell im talking about.
your belief is some mythical super hero, not mine they are based on my understandings, some things are not cast in stone but have grown with a church, they are moveable, but the bible is for all generations as it is written.
what ARE your talking about?
that paul is infallible? that he only wrote what came directly from god? that he really did hear jesus on that road when he converted?

paul was mysoginistic. yes it's true. and that was a good thing.(in that time). there were reasons women stayed at home and men got to do all that they did( go to war, pillage, kill, woo women, have an education and get killed gruesomely).

now however times have changed and the reasons the women should stay home are no longer present. and paul just happened to forget to mention an expiration date on his teachings. what can we do now?
do you forbid your woman to speak? do you forbid your woman to dress in fancy clothes and jewelry? if not then you already are breaking some of his teachings, why not others?

Moves
27 Oct 09

... and we might as well rewrite the whole scripute to fit in with our beliefs.
Most Christians interpret the scriptures that fit their beliefs to reinforce their beliefs, at the exclusion of others. There isn't a practical difference, you know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater
Most Christians interpret the scriptures that fit their beliefs to reinforce their beliefs, at the exclusion of others. There isn't a practical difference, you know.
...And the fact that it needs to be pointed out to them is a bit disturbing.

rc

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater
well thats rich considering what you have stated in your other post concerning the unchristian???? teachings of Paul, elevating one teaching above another, to support a belief that Paul was, not uninspired, but ahem, wrote incongruously! Yet here is a man who is prepared to put his personal beliefs aside, uphold the integrity of 'all scripture', regardless of his personal opinions and its asserted that he is interpreting scripture to support his belief system, tell me how that is?

rc

Moves
27 Oct 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
...And the fact that it needs to be pointed out to them is a bit disturbing.
its more disturbing that you people are interpreting an interpretation and them giving credence to the interpreted interpretation to support your own interpretation! was not Buddha against delusional thinking?

Z

Moves
27 Oct 09

its more disturbing that you people are interpreting an interpretation and them giving credence to the interpreted interpretation to support your own interpretation! was not Buddha against delusional thinking?
?

rc

Moves
27 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
?
pay attention to the details, it shall eventually come to you, Lol 🙂

Z

Moves
28 Oct 09

pay attention to the details, it shall eventually come to you, Lol 🙂
is there a single person on this forum that considers your intelligence above that of a trained urangutan?