1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 19:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Noobster, you have gone too far, you are blaspheming and i ask you to stop it.
    Gimme a break Robbie with this blasphemy tosh.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime. Why does your belief system need such special protection? If God is the ruler of the universe and is so easily offended, i'm sure he can sort it our for himself.

If you're so easily offended i suggest you grow-up.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 19:235 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Gimme a break Robbie with this blasphemy tosh.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime. Why does your belief system need such special protection? If God is the ruler of the universe and is so easily offended, i'm sure he can sort it our for himself.

If you're so easily offended i suggest you grow-up.
    ok, so here we have it, its not politicly correct for me to speak against the act of homosexuality and state that gaydos have their plumbing all wrong, but its ok for you to take what i cherish and turn it into a gay parade! that double standards and hypocritical Noobster! it is actually quite insidious, take for example, in Glasgow, there was recently a so called, art exhibition, to be honest it was nothing of the sort, but that's beside the point, persons were encouraged to deface a Bible, and there was written, when i say written, scribbled is probably a better evaluation, terms such as Fascist God and other inane utterances, well fair enough. now if i was to go around writing on the gaydo and lesbo list magazine and exhibit it as conceptual art under the heading, 'Gaydos should be chemically castrated', it would be a criminal offence. it is utter double standards and hypocritical and illustrates the point, that there are persons beyond any moral sense! and more than that, their iniquity is enshrined in law! oh but dont speak against the double standards, no no, all hail the God of political correctness!
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 19:56
    From the BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8324124.stm

Some Anglican clergy have said they are ready to accept an offer to join the Roman Catholic Church at a meeting of about 600 conservative priests.

Members of the Forward in Faith group discussed the Pope's invitation to Anglicans to convert to Catholicism but keep many of their e ...[text shortened]... roduced into the Church of England.

How more out of touch and irrelevant could they get?
    I don't see how this is irrelevant or "out of touch".

I think its great that the church is willing to accept anglicans, and any sort of reform in the church is welcome at this point, as a matter of fact I think they should go further than that.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 19:56
    ok, so here we have it, its not politicly correct for me to speak against the act of homosexuality and state that gaydos have their plumbing all wrong, but its ok for you to take what i cherish and turn it into a gay parade! that double standards and hypocritical Noobster! it is actually quite insidious, take for example, in Glasgow, there was rece ...[text shortened]... ut dont speak against the double standards, no no, all hail the God of political correctness!
    So you rather be politically wrong than politically right? Or rather wrong than right?

If you insult a gay friend of mine and he doesn't insult you - who do the right and who do the wrong? Why do you feel more sensitive than the worlds all homosexuals?

Jesus taught us about love - you don't care.
    St Paul (corint 13:13) taught us about love - you don't care.
    You just don't care about the love of others, you want to be there and permit it first.

You are quite a biggot, you...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So you rather be politically wrong than politically right? Or rather wrong than right?

If you insult a gay friend of mine and he doesn't insult you - who do the right and who do the wrong? Why do you feel more sensitive than the worlds all homosexuals?

Jesus taught us about love - you don't care.
    St Paul (corint 13:13) taught us about love - you do ...[text shortened]... love of others, you want to be there and permit it first.

You are quite a biggot, you...
    thankyou Fabiabn for illustrating the point of complete and utter hypocrisy, i could not have done it better had i tried. i just may organise an exhibition of conceptual art along the same theme of those who were happy to deface a bible, only this time, with the gay and lesbo List magazine!
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:16
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I don't see how this is irrelevant or "out of touch".

I think its great that the church is willing to accept anglicans, and any sort of reform in the church is welcome at this point, as a matter of fact I think they should go further than that.
    It's the reason given for them leaving.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:24
    ok, so here we have it, its not politicly correct for me to speak against the act of homosexuality and state that gaydos have their plumbing all wrong, but its ok for you to take what i cherish and turn it into a gay parade! that double standards and hypocritical Noobster! it is actually quite insidious, take for example, in Glasgow, there was rece ...[text shortened]... ut dont speak against the double standards, no no, all hail the God of political correctness!
    Let me clarify for you Robbie.

Your religous beliefs, are just your beliefs, nothing more nothing less. They only exist in your mind as a belief system. As you've quite rightly stated in the past your belief in God is an act of 'faith'.

Gay people (however they came to be) are real, whether you like it or not. I watched only two hours ago on the news how a 22yr old lad is in hospital in Liverpool fighting for his life after being set upon by up to 13 people.

Religious view = belief system in the mind

Gay people = Real life human beings.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:28
    thankyou Fabiabn for illustrating the point of complete and utter hypocrisy, i could not have done it better had i tried. i just may organise an exhibition of conceptual art along the same theme of those who were happy to deface a bible, only this time, with the gay and lesbo List magazine!
    Okay, you are autoreflective, after all. That's a good start.

I just think you have an hidden homosexual tendency that you don't dare to face. You fear yourself, and you fear the punishment of your god. Sorry to say, he loves you as you are, not as you try to show yourself.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 21:381 edit
    dear Fabian and Noobster, please for your information, when gaychessplayer used to post on here, i had an excellent rapport with him. I followed and purchased some of his book recommendations and he was even pleased to try some of my suggestions on the chessboard. i remember in the course of events that persons would insult him, which he took, what else could he do, at which i may have been even moved to defend him, although i cannot recollect with any clarity. I never dreamed of insulting him, ostracising him, condemning him, for it was not up to me. Therefore both your assertions that i am bigoted are completely without foundation, simply because i have a different sense of morality which you do not share and strongly oppose. You speak of love in a biblical context Fabian, without actually knowing what it is. John states, that the love of God means that we observe his commandments.

(1 John 5:3) . . .For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

therefore regardless of what a person wishes to practice, if it is contrary to Gods commandments, then this act, is untenable at least to us. i do not condemn, i do not judge, it is the scriptures that have made this perfectly clear.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 22:39
    Okay, you are autoreflective, after all. That's a good start.

I just think you have an hidden homosexual tendency that you don't dare to face. You fear yourself, and you fear the punishment of your god. Sorry to say, he loves you as you are, not as you try to show yourself.
    the only things i fear are rooks on the seventh, a knight on d5 when i play the Najdorf as black and being bored to death when my opponent plays 1.d4
  11. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 04:44
    This is yet another reason that I cannot ever be christian.

In Saudiarabia women are not allowed to even drive a car. Are christianity toward that direction too?
    Woman can be whatever they want to be. You can find within the bible where is says woman ought not to speak but to listen. That is found within the new testament Corintheans. What is not not taught is that, that scripture is only address to those certain group of women and not all women. Within the Jewish tradition woman werenot to speak within the temple. Once that group of women found out that they had freedom in Christ. They started to speak out disrupting service and without all the knowledge on spiritual subjects. So the instructions were to tell those woman to be quiet and listen, don't teach about subject they do not know.

Remember the new test. are letters going out to groups of people or a person. found out what's applicableto that time only or is it meant to be continuely practiced. Example back that to show your sadness or shame, you would tear your clothes that you are wearing and shave your head. Job did this. That does not happen now.

Don't take anyones opinion for it read it yourself. Shot read Genesis. God noticed Adam (man) needed a help meet. The key word there is needed. Woman are our equals they came for man's rib, his side. So that's how it should be woman at the man's side no one in front or back
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 05:13
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Woman can be whatever they want to be. You can find within the bible where is says woman ought not to speak but to listen. That is found within the new testament Corintheans. What is not not taught is that, that scripture is only address to those certain group of women and not all women. Within the Jewish tradition woman werenot to speak within the temple. ...[text shortened]... rib, his side. So that's how it should be woman at the man's side no one in front or back
    You try to reconcile history with your interpretation of the bible's view on women. I like the angle you have lead us on, but lets face it- women should be given the choice to stand at a mans side- not TOLD to.
    Free will is the only way forward. Trying to control human nature with scriptures has not, and will not ever work.
    Unconditional freedom for all humans!!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 08:05
    Woman can be whatever they want to be. You can find within the bible where is says woman ought not to speak but to listen. That is found within the new testament Corintheans. What is not not taught is that, that scripture is only address to those certain group of women and not all women. Within the Jewish tradition woman werenot to speak within the temple. ...[text shortened]... rib, his side. So that's how it should be woman at the man's side no one in front or back
    dude are you really from Christmas island? wow, we need to talk!
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 08:51
    so you often interpret words as you see fit?
    if i say i like cookies do you assume i am fat, with diabetes and with cookie crumbles on my shirt?

when paul says the women should listen and not speak do you assume it is only for corinthian women, because they do not know about the subject and that any day now paul will allow them to speak. i am quite happy that you find such wealth of information in sentence that is quite short and about one thing.

i remember an english exercise in grade school where we were supposed to come up with an entire story from just one sentence. someone should tell you you are not in grade school anymore.

you are not in grade school anymore.
  15. England
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 10:48
    It's the reason given for them leaving.
    the reason forward in faith set up was because of women priests, the reason for leaving is women bishops, and the lambert council who voted against a compromise.
    the reason why they against the audination of women is becuse of pauls teachings, so if we say ignore pauls teachings on this why dont we ignore other teachings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree