1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 03:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    did i state that the captain could not be a women, nope, did i state that the hostess could not be a man, nope, therefore you are striving after the wind thinkofone, i merely used the illustration to show hat there are different responsibilities, thus the reference to serving drinks, a responsibility and to flying the plane another responsibility, bu ...[text shortened]... claim, its a feeble attempt at defamation of character, but go ahead, who cares? its laughable!
    Like I said, "I never said you did".

I know you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I'll connect the dot's for you:

Zahlanzi: "if the woman was not inferior, why place man as her master?
    what was the logic?"

RC: "is the air hostess inferior to the captain of the aeroplane? would you rather the air hostess flew the plane and the captain served you drinks? of course there is no superior or inferior, it is just different roles, that is all."

In Z's question, the woman is superior to the man, but gets placed in a subservient role strictly because of gender.

Your response does not present an appropriate comparison. The captain flies the plane because he/she is a superior pilot. The role is assigned based on competence. Gender has nothing to do with it.

My response was pointing this out, though I probably should have known that you'd be too dim to understand the implications.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Like I said, "I never said you did".

I know you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I'll connect the dot's for you:

Zahlanzi: "if the woman was not inferior, why place man as her master?
    what was the logic?"

RC: "is the air hostess inferior to the captain of the aeroplane? would you rather the air hostess flew the plane and the c ...[text shortened]... gh I probably should have known that you'd be too dim to understand the implications.
    yawn yawn, and your point is caller?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:07
    yawn yawn, and your point is caller?
    lol. Evidently you're too dim to understand even after it's spelled out for you.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:11
    lol. Evidently you're too dim to understand even after it's spelled out for you.
    no its just that its 5:08 am, my eyes are the size of dinner plates and my mind is rushing with a thousand thoughts at one time, i need to rest, well its been fun rapping with you thinkofone, hope you are not too offended, but you know, if you ever want to fess up, i shall be happy to serve as the officiating priest to hear your confessional remarks and try to help you seek absolution from your errors - kind regards

Robbie the good for nothing slave
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:19
    no its just that its 5:08 am, my eyes are the size of dinner plates and my mind is rushing with a thousand thoughts at one time, i need to rest, well its been fun rapping with you thinkofone, hope you are not too offended, but you know, if you ever want to fess up, i shall be happy to serve as the officiating priest to hear your confessional remarks ...[text shortened]... o help you seek absolution from your errors - kind regards

Robbie the good for nothing slave
    lol. If I recall correctly, the last time you tried to use that excuse, you were posting on other threads within an hour, but whatever.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:21
    lol. If I recall correctly, the last time you tried to use that excuse, you were posting on other threads within an hour, but whatever.
    seriously look up the GMT, its now 5:21 Am in Glasgow, im deep fried mars bar!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 04:22
    seriously look up the GMT, its now 5:21 Am in Glasgow, im deep fried mars bar!
    I understand the time difference.

I was just saying what happened last time.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 06:59
    is the air hostess inferior to the captain of the aeroplane? would you rather the air hostess flew the plane and the captain served you drinks? of course there is no superior or inferior, it is just different roles, that is all.
    now, sparky, i told you to think before you speak. we are not talking about different roles as a result of different qualifications. or skills. the pilot went to a school to get to be a pilot. and so did the stewardess. and he didn't get into that school by being a male, he got there by being skilled.

the bible(actually its paul) assigns women as a category to a subservient role. that is bigotry. there is no mention that only "stupid" women should obey their husbands, they all must do that, even if their husband or their father is a retard.

there was a rhp woman here(very fun to read), bertha or something, that flat out said that should her husband decide to place all their life savings under a rock(literally) in the woods she would have to obey even if her children(of which she was responsible) would starve. her answer was that jesus will provide.

and nice going assigning women as air hostesses and males as captains. you really were right on par with reality.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 09:262 edits
    It's not slander.

He's been stalking me for over a year.

What makes it true is that it is true.

If you want to check if it's true, check his posting history. He's a cyber stalker. While you're at it, you can also look at the reasons that I will no longer try to engage in dialogue with him. I've explained it to him numerous times.

Only an irr ...[text shortened]...

I finally had to put him on my "ignore list" so that he could no longer send me PMs.
    It's not stalking , and if anything you are being far more insulting to me right now than anything I am saying. I am simply presenting a logical argument to which you have no answer and seem to find a myriad of ways to avoid answering.

I told you a long time ago that if you continued to twist and distort the teachings of Jesus I would be around to challenge you. You want to call that stalking then fine.

The problem is that you have been stalking and distorting the teachings of Jesus and St Paul for a long time now , and it does seem noticeable that you go after any thread where you can pull out your quotes on John 8:32 etc and try to undermine Christians with accusations of unrighteousness or hypocrisy. Sometimes the points you make are valid sometimes they are not - but it's still a form of stalking (and preaching).I've also noticed that you show up on threads where I am making posts more often than not.

I understand that labelling me as mentally ill or a stalker is very very convenient for you because it gives you a get out of jail free card to avoid the issues. The problem here is that whatever you or anyone else thinks or says about my character the logic underpinning what I have been posting is still there and will remain there unanswered by you. A few people have already noticed that there is a case to be answered here.

If you had dismissed my posts on the basis of exposing some faulty logic in my argument then that would be very different. You obviously can't do that , so you resort to abstract woolly techniques to try and make others think that you have a valid reason to avoid the issue.

So , fine , let's say I am loopy (LOL). What difference does it make? The logic is there for all to see in my recent posts - logic that you have no way at present to counter. Logic is logic - period - it stands alone on it's own plinth. It matters not if it is the musings of a mentally ill person or a healthy person - a logical argument put forward by a man who has lost it is no less logical because of the source it came from. An illogical argument is still illogical even if a Professor of philosophy tables it.

St Paul cannot post here and cannot defend himself against your smears and distortions , so I will. You take the words of Jesus (selectively I might add) and turn them into something that fits your agenda.

My point is this - you stop "stalking" Paul and the words of Jesus and I will stop "stalking" (LOL) you. For now , just a meaningful debate ON THE ISSUES would be nice. Why not have a debate with a mentally ill stalker (LOL) and just end this? Surely if I am that far gone you should be able to have me for breakfast and then everyone will see and know how irrational I am and how you were right all along!!!!! What are you waiting for?

The proof you see is always in the pudding , and people here know this. Beyond all the rhetoric they will see the brute facts - one person who is willing to debate using logic and another who prefers to hide behind avoidance tactics. Actions speak louder than words and right now your words are hollow because you refuse to test them in the arena of truth and logic - thats' what a forum is for.

So please stop this silly childish attempt to ellicit sympathy from other posters with your "this nasty man is stalking me" jibe. It doesn't wash. If you cannot defend your position with logic then don't bother posting.

Just in case you forgot what the issue actually was.......
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You would have us believe that Jesus taught that we must overcome sin completely in order to be considered a follower of his (to one audience in John 8:32 ) and yet Jesus explicitly taught Christians that they must confess their sins daily (to another audience in matt 6:9) .

These two concepts do NOT logically fit together. They are mutually exclusive. A mixed message. Therefore , by your own logic Jesus must have been suffering from a bout of Paulian incoherence?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 10:36
    is the air hostess inferior to the captain of the aeroplane? would you rather the air hostess flew the plane and the captain served you drinks? of course there is no superior or inferior, it is just different roles, that is all.
    There is a good reason why I do not want the hostess in the pilots seat. He/She is not qualified to (and therefore not capable of) fly the plane.
    If you say that a woman is not qualified or incapable of doing something by virtue of being a woman, then that is bigotry - unless that thing is a directly attributable to her biological nature.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 13:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    now, sparky, i told you to think before you speak. we are not talking about different roles as a result of different qualifications. or skills. the pilot went to a school to get to be a pilot. and so did the stewardess. and he didn't get into that school by being a male, he got there by being skilled.

the bible(actually its paul) assigns women as a cate ...[text shortened]... ning women as air hostesses and males as captains. you really were right on par with reality.
    spanky would you get in an aeroplane if the pilot was not qualified to fly, irrespective of their gender? has the captain a different role, based on his qualifications than the steward or stewardess? how many men do you know that can breast feed spanky? does it make the captain superior to the steward/stewardess? nope, then your argument is mute!
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 22:33
    spanky would you get in an aeroplane if the pilot was not qualified to fly, irrespective of their gender? has the captain a different role, based on his qualifications than the steward or stewardess? how many men do you know that can breast feed spanky? does it make the captain superior to the steward/stewardess? nope, then your argument is mute!
    do you have any idea how incoherent you are in this post?

we are talking about bigotry in the bible. paul assigns the woman to a role of servitude. "suffer not a woman to teach" and all that. do you deny that? no. but you try to explain that with the captain/stewardess example. which we already demonstrated to you just how much relevance it has. the stewardess went to stewardess college and therefore is more qualified stewardess than the captain which in turn is a more qualified pilot. not because of gender, like paul implies but because of skill, talent etc.

your breast feeding argument is equally moronic, exactly like what we are used to hear from the carrobie. paul doesn't just assign the woman to bear children, he silences her. asks her not to wear jewelry or adorn herself. to obey her husband even if he is a moron. and he says that the reason for this is that god wants to. there is a subtle difference here, only the most intelligent people can see it of course so i can't ask this of you.

and after all said you actually admit that the pilot is there because of his skill and not gender, yet you fail to see how this renders your point defeated.

excelent work sparky. you amaze us every time. i find it impossible for such a creature as yourself to exist yet here you are.
  13. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 23:57
    Originally posted by knightmeister

Just in case you forgot what the issue actually was.......
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You would have us believe that Jesus taught that we must overcome sin completely in order to be considered a follower of his (to one audience in John 8:32 ) and yet Jesus explicitly taught Christians th ...[text shortened]... ian incoherence?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Actually, they do fit together quite logically. I tell my students that they must master multiplication facts. Aside from not being able to pass the Almighty State Tests if they can't multiply, they're going to look like idiots when they're older and still making little marks on paper 'til they get to the right number. I also remind them that they need to study their flash cards every day. The second leads to the first. If they study their flash cards every day, they'll be proficient at multiplication and will no longer need that practice. If you confess your sins each day, then in theory you'll figure out what the problem is and stop doing that, just leading to your overcoming sin. The general thinking includes the concept that you can't overcome sins if you're keeping them hidden from others and yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree