1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '14 21:25
    Originally posted by redbarons
    true
    nom nom nom, awesome toast! back of da net kidz!
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '14 05:551 edit
    why in nearly all churches are women second class
    God created woman from a rib of man. In many of the stories of scripture we see women in important roles. Ruth, Mary, Sarah, and so on. Mary, the mother of Jesus is shown to be the living Arc of the Covenant.

But people in general have forgotten the importance of submission. The male Christians, by and large do not think of their place before God in the concept of submission. And the women of today are more apt to be more independent versus submissive to their husbands. Being submissive before God or being submissive to the husbands, gives us strength beyond our concepts of what we think we should be.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 07:35
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    God created woman from a rib of man. In many of the stories of scripture we see women in important roles. Ruth, Mary, Sarah, and so on. Mary, the mother of Jesus is shown to be the living Arc of the Covenant.

But people in general have forgotten the importance of submission. The male Christians, by and large do not think of their place before God in the ...[text shortened]... submissive to the husbands, gives us strength beyond our concepts of what we think we should be.
    lost me with the rib
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '14 07:42
    lost me with the rib
    You will remain lost, if you continue to heed Satan's advice.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 May '14 08:19
    Mary, the mother of Jesus is shown to be the living Arc [sic] of the Covenant.

I thought the Arc of the Covenant was the Rainbow!

bah dum tish
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 08:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    feck satan and u
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually the quoted scripture was taken from the New International Version, which is not our Bible and was not written by members of our church. Feel stupid much? You should all things considered.
    rob i know it is hard not to be a smart donkey on this forum. I've slipped a few times myself, and my Angel reprimands me for it. Strive for the high road. You are better than this. Pudge.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:27
    lost me with the rib
    Bible story
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I thought the Arc of the Covenant was the Rainbow!

bah dum tish
    Ah heck, misspelled it, Ark of the Covenant. You'll have to forgive me, it was 12:30 AM when i wrote that.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Where do you get Satan's advice out of "lost me with the rib". Sometimes i really wonder where you are coming from, RJ.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 16:06
    Where do you get Satan's advice out of "lost me with the rib". Sometimes i really wonder where you are coming from, RJ.
    I am not lost and I don't need rj to find or help me he is a total jerk off
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '14 02:45
    He's a political conservative, and a YEC.

I sometimes imagine him also to be like one of the old-style, back-in-the-day, revival-tent Baptist or Pentecostal ministers preaching about hellfire and damnation.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 14:43
    Bible story
    I thought all the bible was a story.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '14 16:404 edits
    Are you grumbling about not being taught by a Christian woman?
    Here, go read this book - "God's Plan of Redemption" by one Mary E. McDonough. She'll teach you good!

I wouldn't let this book out of my library on a loan without having a couple extra copies. Its a book written to teachers of the Bible.

http://marymcdonough.ccws.org/

Sample of Introduction:

In starting a Bible Class do not spend time in the endeavor to prove the Bible to be the Word of God. Take it for granted that the persons who have gathered for study believe the Bible to be God’s Written Word. If there are any present who do not believe this, it is illogical to read to them passages from a book which they do not believe to be infallible to prove its infallibility. And do not argue with them. Simply ask them to study the Book for themselves and then proceed to present its truths in such a manner that the lessons will prove the Bible to be God’s Word indeed; even as we prove the truth of a disputed question by a mathematical or chemical demonstration

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree