1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 22:36
    Wonder of it all

Someone has to revel at the wonder of it all. If not us whom? If not now when? Simple observation. Simple question. Nothing hypothetical, theoretical, ptroblematic or argumentative.

gb
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 22:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Wonder of it all

Someone has to revel at the wonder of it all. If not us whom? If not now when? Simple observation. Simple question. Nothing hypothetical, theoretical, ptroblematic or argumentative.

gb[/b]
    You should write ads
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 23:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You should write ads
    I just bought an ads orber🙂

Speaking of wonder, last night we had a rare treat, Venus and a crescent moon pretty close together in the night sky. I tried like hell to get a good picture, I get home after dark and saw that magnificent sight, very bright. I have a nice high end point and shoot Panasonic camera and tried to find a spot to get a picture but here in Pennsylvania around my neck of the woods, that's what you find, lots of woods. All of which conspired to keep me from finding a decent dark spot to take pics. By the time I got to a place where I had a decent field of view, the moon was so close to the horizon I could not get a decent image.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 03:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Speaking of wonder, last night we had a rare treat, Venus and a crescent moon pretty close together in the night sky. I tried like hell to get a good picture, I get home after dark and saw that magnificent sight, very bright. I have a nice high end point and shoot Panasonic camera and tried to find a spot to get a picture but ...[text shortened]... ad a decent field of view, the moon was so close to the horizon I could not get a decent image.
    Running around in the woods in the middle of the night? With a camera? In the winter? Taking pictures of stuff in space?

I guess! I mean, if you want pictures, couldn't you just buy some?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 03:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    Running around in the woods in the middle of the night? With a camera? In the winter? Taking pictures of stuff in space?

I guess! I mean, if you want pictures, couldn't you just buy some?
    Truly you are a man of wonder.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 03:40
    Truly you are a man of wonder.
    I'm in a mood. Everything sounds funny to me right now.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:52

Speaking of wonder, last night we had a rare treat, Venus and a crescent moon pretty close together in the night sky. I tried like hell to get a good picture, I get home after dark and saw that magnificent sight, very bright. I have a nice high end point and shoot Panasonic camera and tried to find a spot to get a picture but ...[text shortened]... ad a decent field of view, the moon was so close to the horizon I could not get a decent image.
    Great stuff, Sonhouse! I've always appreciated and have learned from the passions of other people. One lifetime's patently too short to possibly see or do it all yourself. If iand/or whenever invited to do so, why not avail yourself of the opportunity to look over the shoulder and into the avocations of another person?

Boston Lad
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 18:38
    [b]Wonder of it all

gb[/b]
    Unfortunately your "simple question" is based on a false premise.

Someone has to revel at the wonder of it all ... Why?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 18:49
    [b]Wonder of it all

gb[/b]
    Yes the wonder of it all that we see is only a small part of it.

Isaiah 40:26
    New Living Translation (NLT)

26 Look up into the heavens.
    Who created all the stars?
    He brings them out like an army, one after another,
    calling each by its name.
    Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
    not a single one is missing.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 20:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Unfortunately your "simple question" is based on a false premise.

Someone has to revel at the wonder of it all ... [b]Why?
    [/b]
    Respect your right to hold opinions contrary to any of mine. Curiously, though, that all of us from time

to time revel at less than the grandeur of the universe through both the telescope and microscope.

😉
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 21:04
    [b]Wonder of it all

gb[/b]
    For every observer there is a unique universe and that is the true wonder of sentient life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree