Word is mind?

Word is mind?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Oct 09

The discussion on logic got me thinking. Twhitehead claimed that logic preexists human consciousness. I was reminded of this verse from the Christian New Testament:

'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'

Word being logos. And I thought, is the Word not the same as Mind? Buddhist-wise, I mean. If so, is twhitehead not correct?

(Interested in Buddhist & other non dualist perspectives; can't say I'll pay attention to other ones here).

Cape Town

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
If so, is twhitehead not correct?
Now that you have got me thinking, I would prefer to say that logic is independent of time and thus can either be said to exist at all times or not exist in time. In general, the abstract is independent of the subject and thus cannot be tied to a subject or be said to exist for specific subjects alone.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
29 Oct 09

The discussion on logic got me thinking. Twhitehead claimed that logic preexists human consciousness. I was reminded of this verse from the Christian New Testament:

'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'

Word being logos. And I thought, is the Word not the same as Mind? Buddhist-wise, I mean. If s ...[text shortened]... Buddhist & other non dualist perspectives; can't say I'll pay attention to other ones here).
I understand Logos at that verse as the outward expression and also the effect of the ever concealed cause. And, since “Speech” is the “Logos of Thought”, at the metaphysical field we are talking about Verbum/ Word/ Logos
😵

Moves
29 Oct 09

All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. - Dhammapada

A fairly clear statement of Phenomenology - which means in effect that the Buddha was not concerned with ultimate explanations. Why are you trying to walk off with the boat on your back? Are you expecting rain?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Oct 09

Word being logos. And I thought, is the Word not the same as Mind? Buddhist-wise, I mean. If s ...[text shortened]... Buddhist & other non dualist perspectives; can't say I'll pay attention to other ones here).
There are no words without thoughts that preceded them.