1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 20:23
    We've discussed this topic before. Some here do not agree that we are now in that time period.

Jesus himself spoke of these signs or events. The one that I see so clearly is this with the issue of terrorism:
    Jesus foretold of our time: “On the earth anguish of nations, "not knowing the way out" . . . Men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth.”—Luke 21:25, 26.
    Also: “Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.”—Matthew 24:21.

I like this comment by Jesus: .... "not knowing the way out".

Any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 20:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We've discussed this topic before. Some here do not agree that we are now in that time period.

Jesus himself spoke of these signs or events. The one that I see so clearly is this with the issue of terrorism:
    Jesus foretold of our time: “On the earth anguish of nations, "not knowing the way out" . . . Men become faint out of fear and expectation o ...[text shortened]... atthew 24:21.

Any thoughts?
    But the number of terror attacks since the early 1970's is declining. At least in Europe, so how do you come to this conclusion in your OP?

http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 20:53
    Any thoughts?
    Tell us, how many people have died due to terrorism.

Now tell us how many people died due to war in the Belgian Congo over a similar time period.

Now tell us how biased your world view is.

It would seem that you think Jesus watches only the white western news sources.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 21:35

Jesus foretold of our time: “On the earth anguish of nations, "not knowing the way out" . . . Men become faint out of fear and expectation o ...[text shortened]... atthew 24:21.

Any thoughts?
    You are right.

A bunch of bored Debates posters have taken over the Spirituality forum.

The end is near.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 21:39

Any thoughts?
    There were only three occasions when there was great anguish, men were living in fear etc occurred in most of the world:
    - WW1
    - Great Depression
    - WW11

Since that time no such event ever took place.

You will be hardpressed to get facts to support your post.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There were only three occasions when there was great anguish, men were living in fear etc occurred in most of the world:
    - WW1
    - Great Depression
    - WW11

Especially since JC himself probably didn't even say those words since Luke got his stuff second hand, from Paul.
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 21:577 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    - WW1
    - Great Depression
    - WW11

Well all his contemporaries and the early Christians assumed the end was indeed imminent in their own lifetimes. Many suggest Jesus himself thought the end was coming and for the Jews of his day he was not mistaken. You could consider Jesus might have referred to the Jewish wars with the Roman Empire, incorporating the destruction of Jerusalem and the large scale execution (by crucifixion at diverse angles) of its male inhabitants, or to any of a tediously long series of very large scale horrors since that time, such as the Black Death or the Mongols or ... Well why not the first emergence of the Islamic armies, destroying two empires (Persian and Byzantine) and extending from Spain to China? The Christian Crusades had a pitifully small (albeit highly unpleasant) impact on their vast territories; they did more harm to the Byzantines, who were Christian of course. The last days have been on hand in most if not every generation for the past two millenia and generations of prophets have prospered on the associated fear and dread. Maybe some would see the upcoming American presidential election as an occasion for intense fear and dread.

BTW Americans have allowed their fear and panic over recent terrorism to grow vastly beyond all serious proportion. Men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming... Get a grip!!! There is not the chance of a snowball in hell that Islamic terrorism will achieve any significant dent in Western civilisation. There is a very good chance though that American aggression in the Middle East will cause untold suffering while neoliberal values are indeed undermining the values we claim to admire, but actually fail to defend.

You know what? There is a real big problem with this entire proposition of Last Days or end times. Whether there will ever be such an occasion is of no special relevance to this discussion, since prior to that occasion there have already been and will continue to be a tireless frothing of charlatans confusing their followers with tales of the end days. They are always on hand, they are always imminent, they are always inevitable, and they are always deferred. I may be wrong one day and once only, but I will be right about this one hell of a lot of times first.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 23:16
    2 Peter 3:2-4New King James Version (NKJV)

2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Here is the bibles answer to the posted comments which were expected of course.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 00:22

2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? F ...[text shortened]... f creation.”

You seem to be using the Bible (so to speak) to argue that people being unconvinced by your pessimism about the state of the world is, in and of itself, part of the proof that you are right in your pessimism about the state of the world.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 00:42

2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? F ...[text shortened]... f creation.”

More people were killed in the U.S. by guns than have been killed by terrorism. Why don't you start campaigning about that?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 00:44

Why is it that when you post something which you feel is spiritually significant and nobody follows you on it, that you feel the need to immediately downshift into victim mode, pull out a scripture and use it to call those disagreeing with you "mockers"?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 01:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    More people were killed in the U.S. by guns than have been killed by terrorism. Why don't you start campaigning about that?
    Lol. I have as well as anything else that would fall under the bible's warnings that Jesus gave to ALL to watch out for and recognize when the composite signs or events start to happen.
    Jesus said that most would not see them and in fact would dismiss them as nothing new and scoff at those that do.
    Are you paying attention? You really don't have to answer as I've been very clearly explained by you that you don't agree..... Very dangerous on your part but that's your decision isn't it?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 01:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is it that when you post something which you feel is spiritually significant and nobody follows you on it, that you feel the need to immediately downshift into victim mode, pull out a scripture and use it to call those disagreeing with you "mockers"?
    The truth from the bible bothers you doesn't it? Why is that?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 01:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to be using the Bible (so to speak) to argue that people being unconvinced by your pessimism about the state of the world is, in and of itself, part of the proof that you are right in your pessimism about the state of the world.
    The bible speaks very clear for itself. I only show the scriptures to let anyone see for themselves...
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 01:13
    Lol. I have as well as anything else that would fall under the bible's warnings that Jesus gave to ALL to watch out for and recognize when the composite signs or events start to happen.
    Jesus said that most would not see them and in fact would dismiss them as nothing new and scoff at those that do.
    Are you paying attention? You really don't have to ...[text shortened]... by you that you don't agree..... Very dangerous on your part but that's your decision isn't it?
    If I could make head or tail of this muddled incoherent reply by you, would I find an answer to my question about the ratio of gun crime death to terrorism?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree