1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 10:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The rise of terrorism.

If it seems like terrorist attacks are happening more and more often, it's because they are.

Last year marked the biggest annual rise in deaths caused by terrorism, with more than 32,000 people killed in attacks around the world.

The Institute for Economics and Peace has compiled its annual Global Terrorism Index and l ...[text shortened]... mic extremists.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-17/global-terrorism-index-increase/6947200
    Did you look at the link I provided?

The trend over several decades has been down, hugely down. Last year saw an increase, yes, but the trend is down. Are you suggesting that the end is nigh because of the 2015 data point?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 10:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Perhaps the reason that the bible says that "most" will not see and understand the signs as they are happening and argue against them is because the bible also says that the devil is the ruler of this world and is misleading many and blinding their eyes? I'd say that sadly does go hand in hand....
    I provided you with scriptures indicating that your claim that we are in the last days is far from certain. Are you going to address those scriptures or just continue to ignore any evidence, secular or scriptural which contradicts your opinion?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    You actually seem to be seeking to attribute disagreement with your personal opinions on this issue to satanic influence. Surely not?
    Worse than "attributed"...Read my profile lately?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 11:30
    Again the bible says ( not me) that most will not see it or recognize the signs as sad as that is because all that don't are endangering their life's. But that is the way it is and nothing I can do or say will change any of your minds, period. So, until something happens in your hearts and minds that will let you see it, you won't and will continue to ar ...[text shortened]... rs on this earth who are paying attention to Jesus's words on this subject and listening to him.
    The bible speaks very clear for itself. I only show the scriptures to let anyone see for themselves...

Again the bible says ( not me) that most will not see it or recognize the signs

What is this telling us? The Bible clearly says that the Bible is not clear at all. Not everyone who reads the Bible will be able to see for themselves, indeed most people will not, according to the Bible, which clearly says that it is not clear. A message that most people will fail to see is not a clear message, not one that anyone can see for themselves.

The tireless rehearsal of empty aphorisms, the unblinking recitation of nonsense from the page, unmediated by reflection or reason, is all that I can see taking place here. As a minimum, I conclude that the source (in this case Galveston75) sees nothing and understands nothing and has nothing to say but wishes to say nothing at considerable length.

I am reminded of a line from Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion page 348): "mainstream religious instructors ... lined them up in their madrasas, sitting in rows, rythmically nodding their innocent little heads up and down while they learned every word of the holy book like demented parrots"
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 11:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did you look at the link I provided?

The trend over several decades has been down, hugely down. Last year saw an increase, yes, but the trend is down. Are you suggesting that the end is nigh because of the 2015 data point?
    Bump for Robbie carrobie.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 17:26
    We've discussed this topic before. Some here do not agree that we are now in that time period.

Jesus himself spoke of these signs or events. The one that I see so clearly is this with the issue of terrorism:
    Jesus foretold of our time: “On the earth anguish of nations, "not knowing the way out" . . . Men become faint out of fear and expectation o ...[text shortened]... atthew 24:21.

I like this comment by Jesus: .... "not knowing the way out".

Any thoughts?
    He's talking about the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

It happened a long time ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree