what is love?
    baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me, no more

YouTube
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 06:24
    Originally posted by katp
    Faith in the love of Jesus is free. You accecpt it, or you don't. The choice stays yours.
    But is this really a choice?
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 07:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is love?
    I believe God is love. I read in the Bible, 1 John 4:7

7: Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

I can only talk about what works in my life. And I believe we were all created in the image of God. And when I accept God is love and I am created in His image, I am the one to live what I believe in. Love. It's that simple to me to be a Christian.

I make the choice in each moment: Do I act in love, do I act against love?

Remember, I did choose. I don't know what the person choose that I am talking to in the moment. So the responsibility to live what I believe in, is with me.
  4. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 07:101 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    But is this really a choice?
    I believe so.

I could have chosen to be an atheist. And I did try. It does not work for me.

And I don't even try to choose for others anymore.

I believe induviduals should take responsibily for their own choices in life.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 07:21
    I believe so.

I could have chosen to be an atheist. And I did try. It does not work for me.
    OK, how about a thought experiment.

Make a choice to believe that the Moon is made of Green Cheese. Can you?
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 07:301 edit
    OK, how about a thought experiment.

Make a choice to believe that the Moon is made of Green Cheese. Can you?
    Yes, I can write a story about how the Moon is made of Green Cheese.

And at the end of my story acknowledge that the story is my own imagination. Scientific facts will proof my story about the Moon wrong.

Faith, a story to some. To me, the attitude I choose to live with.🙂

An atheist once said to me, the system has it all covered. Yes, it has. You choose the genre of the story of your life. A horror or a love story. Personally I think I am a comedy with a slap of a heavy breathing romance tossed in.😉
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 08:02
    Scientific facts will proof my story about the Moon wrong.
    More specifically, science [or other source of evidence] will prove to you that it is wrong, regardless of whether you want to believe or not.

Same goes for Jesus. If evidence convinces me that he no longer lives, and thus is incapable of offering love of any kind, then I cannot choose to believe in his 'love', or his existence, etc. regardless of any threats made or benefits offered for doing so.
  8. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 08:18
    More specifically, science [or other source of evidence] will prove [b]to you that it is wrong, regardless of whether you want to believe or not.

Same goes for Jesus. If evidence convinces me that he no longer lives, and thus is incapable of offering love of any kind, then I cannot choose to believe in his 'love', or his existence, etc. regardless of any threats made or benefits offered for doing so.[/b]
    I respect your choice for yourself.

As I say, faith in the teaching of Jesus give me my attitude in which I live my life. Not the fear if I am not a religious person I'll end up in hell.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 08:24
    I respect your choice for yourself.

As I say, faith in the teaching of Jesus give me my attitude in which I live my life. Not the fear if I am not a religious person I'll end up in hell.
    We've failed to communicate on this issue, but it's not a big deal. Moving on now...
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 09:07
    Your choice in the youtube did not fail me.😉

What is love?
    Don't hurt me no more.

I enjoy to try and understand how other people choose to find their joy and balance in life.

Kind regards
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 09:55
    Originally posted by buckky
    All this gift buying, and money flowing into the drain seems like somehting Jesus would not want to be a part of. Santa Klaus, and the Snowman, and the B.S. everywhere seems non spiritual and Jesus would not be happy with all this commercial crap laid out to be a religious holiday.
    The contemporary 'Christmas' experience is what we have allowed it to become. Through decades of intensifying consumerism and behavioural conditioning of children, Christmas has developed into a self fulfilling and downward spiralling hodgepodge of selfishness, exploitation, greed, nostalgia and sentimentality. I believe Jesus would just carry on regardless.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 11:16
    Your choice in the youtube did not fail me.😉

What is love?
    Don't hurt me no more.

I enjoy to try and understand how other people choose to find their joy and balance in life.

Kind regards
    🙂
  13. England
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 14:26
    Words are made up by letters. People interprute words in the way that suites them, also words in the Bible. And if you are only interested in staying with the literal meaning of the words in the Bible and never discover the love of Jesus, many wicked things can be justified because the Bible tells you so.😠

Burning of people were permitted in the name of religion, if it was only suspected the p ...[text shortened]... wrongs of this world will continue as long as people choose not to agree to disagree in love.[/b]
    of course you take what suites you and use them to promote your reasoning, thats been done before jesus, does not mean its right, but its a practice that will never go untill the day of attonement. You will do this in some form i will do this in some form, its not just your country that it was used, the spanish inquasition you may have heard of was one of many. even jesus and his followers suffered at the hands of the leaders.
    But the next persons salvation you do not know what it is ?? well its the same as yours and mine "doing gods work not just saying they are doing it"
    I still do not get you points you would like to make literaly or your knowledge, we debate the wrights and the rights on this site im pleased to say ive come to many views by this and learnt from others so if you wish to ask tell or a question please do so not just genralise
  14. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 15:28
    Originally posted by stoker
    of course you take what suites you and use them to promote your reasoning, thats been done before jesus, does not mean its right, but its a practice that will never go untill the day of attonement. You will do this in some form i will do this in some form, its not just your country that it was used, the spanish inquasition you may have heard of was one of man ...[text shortened]... nd learnt from others so if you wish to ask tell or a question please do so not just genralise
    The teaching of Jesus work for me in this life.

That simple for me.

I would like to know:

Do gay people go to hell, because I interprute the Bible the way a straight person wants to?
    Do atheists burn in my hell because they don't believe in the same way as I do in love?

Revelation 22:21

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

People who believe don't know how God judge. People who do believe, can only live thankfully they are able to be believe.

I wonder where we would find Jesus if He did walk the earth today? With the people who accepted his teachings and live in love, nevermind their sexual orientations or with the people who needs His love teachings how to live in peace with people who differ from your own views?
  15. England
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 14:22
    The teaching of Jesus work for me in this life.

That simple for me.

I would like to know:

Do gay people go to hell, because I interprute the Bible the way a straight person wants to?
    Do atheists burn in my hell because they don't believe in the same way as I do in love?

Revelation 22:21

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. ...[text shortened]... who needs His love teachings how to live in peace with people who differ from your own views?
    a]
    good
    b] sinners go tp hell, all will be judged under gods holy law. a man who comits adultry is no less a sin than a man who comits homosexuality.
    c] atheists who do gods work are holyer than the person who says they do.
    understand revelations "when did we do this", to you/ for you.
    d] last time he came he came to heal the sick so if you mean were would he preach today to them who walk in darkness.
    e] live in peace with who differ from your own view, he would lisn to thier points and do as he did back then speak wiyh the authority of god. letting them know the truth if they wanted it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree