1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 15:51
    All this gift buying, and money flowing into the drain seems like somehting Jesus would not want to be a part of. Santa Klaus, and the Snowman, and the B.S. everywhere seems non spiritual and Jesus would not be happy with all this commercial crap laid out to be a religious holiday.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:01
    Originally posted by buckky
    All this gift buying, and money flowing into the drain seems like somehting Jesus would not want to be a part of. Santa Klaus, and the Snowman, and the B.S. everywhere seems non spiritual and Jesus would not be happy with all this commercial crap laid out to be a religious holiday.
    I think Jesus would endorse the giving of gifts, but not the commercialization. Gifts only cost money if we collectively agree to use money as a medium of exchange. Money, as a medium of exchange, is only useful if we maintain a system of private property. The giving of gifts is not the problem, it's the mode of exchange.

And I really don't think Jesus would care if we said "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays."
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:11
    Originally posted by buckky
    It's of pagan origin, so no he would have nothing to do with it.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 02:15
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Everything is about Jesus๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 06:42
    Would Jesus like Christmas ?

Would Jesus like Christians?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 18:27
    He might like it better if it took place closer to his birthday.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 17:45
    Originally posted by katp

I would say these are two good questions BUT... what are the real questions? If it is just as is, then the question if Jesus likes Christmas I would say yes if the focus around Christmas is about Him and not Santa and it is also obvious that Jesus does like Christians and if the questions stays as is, then it is a really dumb question to ask, wouldn't you say!
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 18:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Everything is about Jesus๐Ÿ™‚
    But not Christmas....
  9. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I would say these are two good questions BUT... what are the real questions? If it is just as is, then the question if Jesus likes Christmas I would say yes if the focus around Christmas is about Him and not Santa and it is also obvious that Jesus does like Christians and if the questions stays as is, then it is a really dumb question to ask, wouldn't you say!
    Faith and religion to me are two different things.

Too many religious people never discover the love Jesus taught to us for salvation. The love we should have for each other, not only at Christmas time because we receive a present from Santa. Ironical...many non-religious people as well, receive the present from Santa.

The teachings of Jesus made me a free person, not the letters in the Bible. And when I see how religious people fight over knitty gritty stuff, I can only be sad in what wrongs are done in this world in the name of religion, in essence, religion, it's only letters in a book.

Religion that is really worthwhile for everybody is the one that you live in love, not preached because you are affraid to end up in hell.
  10. England
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 21:491 edit
    ,.Originally posted by katp
    Faith and religion to me are two different things.

Too many religious people never discover the love Jesus taught to us for salvation. The love we should have for each other, not only at Christmas time because we receive a present from Santa. Ironical...many non-religious people as well, receive the present from Santa.

The teachings of Jesus made me a f ybody is the one that you live in love, not preached because you are affraid to end up in hell.
    on your second point you may be correct, but its for jesus to judge the indervidual and do you have a problem with non christians giveing presents if so why?.
    on your first one is the pratice of the other.
    on your third point im pleased you were set free, i can only guess as the meaning of your freedom comes from not the letters in bible. A strange term . the wrongs of this world are and have and will continue with our without religion. it maybe letters in a book but what good letters
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 22:001 edit

The main thing that got Jesus enraged were the hypocrites. I'm sure that would include a good number of people currently in high Christian places.
  12. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 23:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I disagree, simply because at least some Jewish holidays were also originally pagan holidays. Unless he skipped all of those as well, that particular argument doesn't hold.
  13. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    on your second point you may be correct, but its for jesus to judge the indervidual and do you have a problem with non christians giveing presents if so why?.
    on your first one is the pratice of the other.
    on your third point im pleased you were set free, i can only guess as the meaning of your freedom comes from not the letters in bible. A strange term . ...[text shortened]... ve and will continue with our without religion. it maybe letters in a book but what good letters
    I agree with you. I am not Jesus. Judgement does not belong to me.

I don't have a problem with people giving or receiving presents. I think the attitude with which one give and receive makes all the difference. Where a loving attitude is present, I believe God is present.

Words are made up by letters. People interprute words in the way that suites them, also words in the Bible. And if you are only interested in staying with the literal meaning of the words in the Bible and never discover the love of Jesus, many wicked things can be justified because the Bible tells you so.๐Ÿ˜ 

Burning of people were permitted in the name of religion, if it was only suspected the person could have been a witch. I live in a country where apartheid was justified out of the Bible not so long ago.

I also believe God has created in variety. I am very thankful I could choose to find my salvation in Jesus teachings. I don't know what is the next person's salvation.

The wrongs of this world will continue as long as people choose not to agree to disagree in love.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 03:29
    I agree with you. I am not Jesus. Judgement does not belong to me.

I don't have a problem with people giving or receiving presents. I think the attitude with which one give and receive makes all the difference. Where a loving attitude is present, I believe God is present.

Words are made up by letters. People interprute words in the way that suites them, a ...[text shortened]... wrongs of this world will continue as long as people choose not to agree to disagree in love.
    what is love?
  15. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Dec '09 03:41
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    The main thing that got Jesus enraged were the hypocrites. I'm sure that would include a good number of people currently in high Christian places.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

I can only agree with you and trying very hard not to judge now.

Some of the reasons why religion is so successful:

The power that goes along with people in high religious places.
    The money that is being made in just the selling of religious publications.

Faith in the love of Jesus is free. You accecpt it, or you don't. The choice stays yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree