1. Calgary
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 16:07
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it. If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
    Yes I would. Seeing as I'm probably going to hell anyways(or so I'm told) I would sell it for a better position in hell. Get to be a tormentor instead of the tormented.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 16:33
    Originally posted by Canadaguy
    Yes I would. Seeing as I'm probably going to hell anyways(or so I'm told) I would sell it for a better position in hell. Get to be a tormentor instead of the tormented.
    Why do you believe you are going to hell?
  3. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 19:08
    Just when I thought we'd reached 'The Retardation Barrier' you go and break it. The sucking sound as you broke through The Barrier was extraordinary. [b]"WHHHUUUUUUUSHHHCK!" is a very close approximation of what I can only assume was your frontal lobe imploding under the high 'R-Force'.[/b]
    Don't you get it that Jesus loves you.He don't love you for your intelegence,good deeds or stupidness.He loves us as the filthy rags we all are.The expectation is there for so many that we have to be something important to be loved by Him.This is wrong and I wish more people could understand so they can find peace.I read in the newspaper an airline advertisment.We would love to match your prices,but we would have to raise ours.It's FREEEEEEEEE.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 19:42
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it. If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
    The Devil buys many a soul. He usually buys it for some fleeting sinful pleasure.

The last person I'd sell my soul to is the Devil.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 19:49
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The Devil buys many a soul. He usually buys it for some fleeting sinful pleasure.

The last person I'd sell my soul to is the Devil.
    Who is the first person you'd sell your soul to?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 19:53
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Who is the first person you'd sell your soul to?
    I would be sell it to anybody.

In fact I have given to the one that shed his last drop of blood for me on the cross. The one that paid the ultimate price for the salvation of my soul in the only one that deserves to have it.
  7. Calgary
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 20:02
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Why do you believe you are going to hell?
    How have I sinned, let me count the ways
    1.I don't live my life according to and by the Bible
    2.I listen to Marilyn Manson and other Heavy Metal Acts
    3.I watch the Simpsons
    4.Frequent Masturbation
    5.I think I've commited 5 of the 7 deadly sins
    6.I openly mock the church
    7.I've been to a Gay bar
    8.I hate wholesome entertainment

etc. etc.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 21:29
    Originally posted by windmill
    Don't you get it that Jesus loves you.He don't love you for your intelegence,good deeds or stupidness.He loves us as the filthy rags we all are.The expectation is there for so many that we have to be something important to be loved by Him.This is wrong and I wish more people could understand so they can find peace.I read in the newspaper an airline advertisment.We would love to match your prices,but we would have to raise ours.It's FREEEEEEEEE.
    Statements like this remind me of why I find mainstream xian doctrine disgusting. It's an grotesque mixture of self-loathing (filthy rags) and self-aggrandizement (an almighty creator wants to have exclusive communion with us).

It's kind of embarrasing that I used to peddle this stuff.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 21:29
    Matt 16:26
    26 "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
    (NKJ)

If I die....what's the point?
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 09:43
    Originally posted by telerion

It's kind of embarrasing that I used to peddle this stuff.
    In what form did you peddle it, if I may ask?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 12:24
    Originally posted by Canadaguy
    How have I sinned, let me count the ways
    1.I don't live my life according to and by the Bible
    2.I listen to Marilyn Manson and other Heavy Metal Acts
    3.I watch the Simpsons
    4.Frequent Masturbation
    5.I think I've commited 5 of the 7 deadly sins
    6.I openly mock the church
    7.I've been to a Gay bar
    8.I hate wholesome entertainment

etc. etc.
    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 14:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    In what form did you peddle it, if I may ask?
    As a missionary.

I spent a a year between high school and college with Youth With A Mission. Ironically, while I had a very "spiritual" experience during that period, my exposure to a different culture left impressions that later aided in my deconversion.

Even before this I was the typical Jesus freak kid. You know the kids that wear the Jesus Saves hats and "let their light shine." 🙂
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 16:54
    Originally posted by telerion
    I spent a a year between high school and college with Youth With A Mission. Ironically, while I had a very "spiritual" experience during that period, my exposure to a different culture left impressions that later aided in my deconversion.
    That certainly puts some of your comments into perspective.

Do you now consider yourself saved?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That certainly puts some of your comments into perspective.

Do you now consider yourself saved?
    I think the two most common xian opinions of my status (note: this excludes those who actually knew me when I was a believer) are the following:

1) You were saved, but now you've backslidden and lost your salvation.

2) You thought you were saved, but obviously weren't, because otherwise you'd still believe.

I think the second is just an evasion to prevent meaningful reflection. Much easier to ignore a vexing counterexample if you can define it out of existence.

Personally, I wouldn't call myself "saved" in the evangelical sense. I don't feel as though I've avoided any impending doom. I'd say that I'm "free" from an enslavement. I feel more alive and aware of my reality. It's like having lived your whole life on opiates, and then coming out of the stupor. No longer certain of the world's origin, purpose, and destination, I am now earnestly curious about all of nature. I am free to ask questions and consider empirical evidence, without fear.

It's also nice to shrug off the shizophrenic self-image that I touched on earlier.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Oct '05 18:18
    Never!

It's like selling out, whoring yourself to the capitalist pig...

disgusting...

Then again, I do most things for a 6 pack of beer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree