1. Joined
    18 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Since I don't believe in a soul, I would have to say yes, how much are you prepared to pay?
    If you did not believe in a soul, what 'thing'do you think is living inside you,leaves you when you die,and the only thing that proof your liveor be the proof that you are still...alive?
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 15:01
    Originally posted by heijihatsutori
    This is truly a spiritual post. Only if you believe in it can you see it... like the emperor's clothes.
  3. Joined
    18 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 15:13
    Originally posted by Halitose
    This is truly a spiritual post. Only if you believe in it can you see it... like the emperor's clothes.

Sometimes there are something that you've got to believe it... like heaven and hell. Have you ever see it? Then if you don't, do you still believe it?
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 15:162 edits
    Originally posted by heijihatsutori
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]This is truly a spiritual post. Only if you believe in it can you see it... like the emperor's clothes.

Sometimes there are something that you've got to believe it... like heaven and hell. Have you ever see it? Then if you don't, do you still believe it?[/b]
    No worries, friend. It was a harmless attempt at humour that seems to have backfired powerfully on me... just take a look at darv's avatar.

To answer your questions... No, yes.

P.S. If anybody's looking for me, I'm in the corner gagging on humble pie.

Btw, my belief worked. Your post that was empty a minute ago, now contains substance. Voila!
  5. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 15:27
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it. If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
    Yes.

If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?

Reasons: Sexual gratification - Definately 😵
    Power, Money (unlimited), Immortality - until when I want to die, indestructable - connot be harmed/hurt/decapitated, telekinesis, telepathy, my own country, an Island, world stability, a very social secretary 😵, loving wife and children (eventually) and a ray gun...
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 16:162 edits
    Originally posted by Crowley
    You could trade it for a never-ending joint...
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    "Why trade the infinite for the finite?"

Somehow, I just don't think it would be the same in hell. 😉
  7. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 16:07
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    It doesn't really matter if you believe in a soul.

Would you find it unsettling to have someone, in all seriousness, offer to buy your soul. I am tempted to proposition strangers with this question as a social experiment. I'm thinking I can get some very unusual reactions out of mothers of newborns in the mall, the elderly in my wife's assiste ...[text shortened]... ing of a 'soul' and you are essentially signing over ownership of what makes you... well, you.
    there is most certainly a soul in each and every one of us. period. it can never be sold because you don't own your soul to sell it to someone else. you see long ago, god, provided a pathway to his very existence through what we refer to as our soul. it is nothing more than a silent,non molecular modem that allows us to communicate with god. if we are managing to get through this short stay on earth ( in human physical form in good graces then we are typically referred to as a good soul. if things aren't going so well with the physical state of the soul then we are considered somewhat of a bad soul. don't worry, for those bad souls out there, it's only perception, there are many more stops before it is over. regards to all, Bern.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree