1. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 06:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Obviously anyone who believes in God and in the accuracy of that particular bit of the Bible and believe that being damned is an undesirable thing would go for the martyring and the rest of us would take the mark. However the fact that we dont believe in it means we would not actually know we are taking it. So no one would willingly take what they know is ...[text shortened]... for doing 'wrong' even if they are not aware that it is 'wrong'. Therefore he is not just.
    So, if the rapture takes place now, will you then still take the mark of the beast?

Adam and Eve did now that it was wrong to eat the forbidden fruit. They just did not know the suprise after they have eaten it. By doing what they did opened their eyes to sin. It is the same with everyone of us. We all know that some of the stuff we do like, stealing, murdering, swearing etc etc is sin.

By looking at Adam and Eve's fruit eating episode, we can make it part of our lives and say that the eating of the fruit is death. Some of us know what is going to happen once we eat the fruit, and some of us just dont want to know.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 09:43
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Adam and Eve did now that it was wrong to eat the forbidden fruit. They just did not know the suprise after they have eaten it. By doing what they did opened their eyes to sin. It is the same with everyone of us.
    I disagree. If someone does something that will harm them in the long term then they are either insane or they dont know that it will harm them. Are we all insane?
    There is a lot of dont want to know going on but that is also within the dont know category.
    If Adam and Eve knew it was wrong then they did not know what wrong was and did not understand the consequences. (or they were insane.)

We all know that some of the stuff we do like, stealing, murdering, swearing etc etc is sin.
    I dont believe in sin so you are wrong there. So why do you go around stealing, murdering, swearing etc etc? Cant help yourself or just insane? Dont really believe in God? Just dont want to know?
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:13
    I disagree. If someone does something that will harm them in the long term then they are either insane or they dont know that it will harm them. Are we all insane?
    There is a lot of dont want to know going on but that is also within the dont know category.
    If Adam and Eve knew it was wrong then they did not know what wrong was and did not understand the ...[text shortened]... etc etc? Cant help yourself or just insane? Dont really believe in God? Just dont want to know?
    I dont understand what you are trying to tell me. Stealing, murdering an swearing were just some of the stuff I mentioned. It doesnt mean that by mentioning them, I am doing them. I was using them as examples, but surely a twhitehead like yourself would understand that?

You still did not answer my questions...
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 19:13
    It all comes back to the Adam and Eve problem. They wouldn't have eaten the fruit if they knew it was wrong and knew what wrong was. So God does punish people for doing 'wrong' even if they are not aware that it is 'wrong'. Therefore he is not just.[/b]
    Sorry , missunderstanding here. God infact takes the punishment for wrong doing onto himself (the cross) and exhonerates men from punishment by doing so. Christ atones for wrong doing and opens the door for reconciliaition , forgiveness and freedom from guilt. He makes it possible for men to escape sin and wrong doing and not be separated from God. Men, in effect , punish themselves by refusing this free gift . Your assessment is incomplete . If you are going to refute Christianity can you please refute the real thing rather than some pseudo christianity which is a pale shadow of the truth.
  5. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 19:30
    Originally posted by Churlant
    My "assumption" is based on the whole of human history. Much like saying I "assume" an invaded country's people would fight against that invasion - a pretty safe bet, even without my crystal ball.
    Er...France, 1940. A vanishingly small percentage of the people fought against that particular invasion.

Austria, 1938. *No-one* fought that (you might think it wasn't an invasion but that's what the crazy Austrians claimed afterwards...they were victims, too).

Probably a poor example to illustrate your point with...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree