1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '06 18:45
    Regarding the prophetic mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation, would you take it? It says that no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark in the some time distant future. If you take the mark you will be damned, however, if you don't you will be martyred.
  2. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 May '06 19:071 edit
    "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-18).

No need to worry about it unless you are one of those left behind.

Philippians 2
    9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Better to do it willingly now than be forced to do it later.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 May '06 20:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    Regarding the prophetic mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation, would you take it?
    What would I take it with?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 May '06 08:02
    Yes I would take it and I would be the first of the foul to overcome the holy ones. You know: Better reign in hell than serve in heaven.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 May '06 08:38
    Regarding the prophetic mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation, would you take it? It says that no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark in the some time distant future. If you take the mark you will be damned, however, if you don't you will be martyred.
    My name's Mark.
    Is this a good or a bad thing now?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 May '06 09:28
    Obviously anyone who believes in God and in the accuracy of that particular bit of the Bible and believe that being damned is an undesirable thing would go for the martyring and the rest of us would take the mark. However the fact that we dont believe in it means we would not actually know we are taking it. So no one would willingly take what they know is the mark!
    Luckily I dont really care as the concept of being damned is nonsensical.
    It all comes back to the Adam and Eve problem. They wouldn't have eaten the fruit if they knew it was wrong and knew what wrong was. So God does punish people for doing 'wrong' even if they are not aware that it is 'wrong'. Therefore he is not just.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 May '06 14:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Obviously anyone who believes in God and in the accuracy of that particular bit of the Bible and believe that being damned is an undesirable thing would go for the martyring and the rest of us would take the mark. However the fact that we dont believe in it means we would not actually know we are taking it. So no one would willingly take what they know is ...[text shortened]... for doing 'wrong' even if they are not aware that it is 'wrong'. Therefore he is not just.
    HEAR HEAR
  8. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    31 May '06 14:30
    Considering the unlikely context of being "unable" to buy or sell without a "mark", I highly doubt anyone would have one who didn't already want such a thing to begin with.

I'm curious to hear the theory on how exactly people will be kept from even bartering (at a minimum) without said "mark".

-JC
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    31 May '06 16:35
    Originally posted by Churlant
    Considering the unlikely context of being "unable" to buy or sell without a "mark", I highly doubt anyone would have one who didn't already want such a thing to begin with.

I'm curious to hear the theory on how exactly people will be kept from even bartering (at a minimum) without said "mark".

-JC
    I see it as being something like today where you CAN survive without a social security number, credit card or bank account, but it's pretty difficult. We are already fast approaching a cashless society. My paycheck is direct deposit and with debit cards and online bill paying I don't need to carry much cash.
  10. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    31 May '06 16:44
    Originally posted by masscat
    I see it as being something like today where you CAN survive without a social security number, credit card or bank account, but it's pretty difficult. We are already fast approaching a cashless society. My paycheck is direct deposit and with debit cards and online bill paying I don't need to carry much cash.
    In reality it is not so difficult at all. Most of us are simply used to the convenience (and inconvenience) of current financial systems. It isn't so difficult to exist "off the grid" if you are willing to give up certain luxuries (constant internet access, for instance).

In any event, I still cannot see a point where our entire society would be prohibited from performing private transactions, even down the road. Made more difficult perhaps, but never impossible.

-JC
  11. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    31 May '06 18:48
    In reality it is not so difficult at all. Most of us are simply used to the convenience (and inconvenience) of current financial systems. It isn't so difficult to exist "off the grid" if you are willing to give up certain luxuries (constant internet access, for instance).

In any event, I still cannot see a point where our entire society would be prohibit ...[text shortened]... e transactions, even down the road. Made more difficult perhaps, but never impossible.

-JC
    How would you make house payments and car payments, for example, without operating within the system? I recently had surgery and the doctors & hospital wouldn't accept cigarettes, whisky or chickens; they wanted real money. No actual cash changed hands though...it was all done electronically.
  12. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    31 May '06 19:48
    Originally posted by masscat
    How would you make house payments and car payments, for example, without operating within the system? I recently had surgery and the doctors & hospital wouldn't accept cigarettes, whisky or chickens; they wanted real money. No actual cash changed hands though...it was all done electronically.
    Not everyone owns a house or a car. Not everyone needs surgery, or gets surgery even when they need it.

I believe your perspective is more than a few steps cushier than the one I'm referring to.

-JC
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '06 22:491 edit
    Not everyone owns a house or a car. Not everyone needs surgery, or gets surgery even when they need it.

I believe your perspective is more than a few steps cushier than the one I'm referring to.

-JC
    The mark may not only be to buy and sell with. Imagine, if you will, a world in which everyone is tracked via the mark. No more running from the law and no more trying to find missing persons ect. I have heard they track things such as cattle using implanted devices such as this. As far as buying and selling, the government would have a tighter grip on buying and selling. If you did away with cash it would be worthless. The government could then track every transaction electronically. No more cheating on taxes and such. Identity theft could be curbed and illegal transactions would be drastically reduced if not impossible. Who then would be in the way of such progress? That would be those stupid superstitous Christians. YOu may ask why we would be killed for not taking the mark. All you would need is a tragic event that would make food and money and such scarce. For example, it could be a worldwide economic collapse caused by a natural disaster or terrorist attack on the "rich" countries. There are many such scenerios that could triggor world wide panic. These are only speculations of coarse, but its not hard to imagine how the prophecy could unfold.
  14. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    31 May '06 23:12
    These are only speculations of coarse, but its not hard to imagine how the prophecy could unfold.
    Given the nearly impossible scope of establishing and maintaining that level of control over every individual on the planet, it is indeed extremely hard to imagine how the prophecy could unfold.

-JC
  15. Forgotten
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 03:12
    I was born with the "mark." My right thumb,index and"bird"fingers all have a 6 in the center of the fingerprint.The real mark isn't a tattoo of 666 on your forehead or right hand.Many feel that this is the mark.
    http://www.tldm.org/news4/MarkoftheBeast.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree