1. England
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Does she suppose that Queen Elizabeth I, or Queen Victoria never cried? I don't think that their being of the supposedly "weaker" sex was much of a detriment.
    in england we voted a woman she split the country putting over 4,000,000 on dole then blamed them for lazyness, even tho she sold out the pits, shipyards water etc to europe she promoted the buy british flag, Tho the fat cats got fatter the rest got
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 12:39
    Originally posted by stoker
    in england we voted a woman she split the country putting over 4,000,000 on dole then blamed them for lazyness, even tho she sold out the pits, shipyards water etc to europe she promoted the buy british flag, Tho the fat cats got fatter the rest got
    None of which had anything to do with her being a woman...
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 14:442 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    YE Creationists are the Creationists I was specifically referring to.
    I am a Creationist and I do not have a problem with science. What I have a problem with are Creationists who think that God zapped things out of thin air to create them. If one looks at the Genesis account it is painfully obvious that God created using the material already created before life was born into the world. For example, man was formed from the dust of the ground. Also if one looks at how God spoke to the waters to bring forth life one is left with the quesiton as to why if he zapped things into existence. Really the only differnece between my position and your position is that your position is that evolution is 100% devoid of intelligent thought as where I say it was spun into motion by a Creator.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    None of which had anything to do with her being a woman...
    How did we go from atheists to talking about females? I know, what about atheist females?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 15:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Scientific consensus ever wrong, does it ever reach dogma?
    Kelly
    Depends what you mean by "wrong". Newton was "wrong"; that doesn't mean we didn't use his equations to get to the moon successfully!
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 15:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am a Creationist and I do not have a problem with science. What I have a problem with are Creationists who think that God zapped things out of thin air to create them. If one looks at the Genesis account it is painfully obvious that God created using the material already created before life was born into the world. For example, man was formed from the du ...[text shortened]... ution is 100% devoid of intelligent thought as where I say it was spun into motion by a Creator.
    Have you looked into Deism? You sound like you have some similarities with that religion or philosophy or whatever it is.
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 16:46
    I am a Creationist and I do not have a problem with science. What I have a problem with are Creationists who think that God zapped things out of thin air to create them. If one looks at the Genesis account it is painfully obvious that God created using the material already created before life was born into the world. For example, man was formed from the du ...[text shortened]... ution is 100% devoid of intelligent thought as where I say it was spun into motion by a Creator.
    So do you believe evolution happened, but was guided by God?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 16:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Is religion ever wrong? We already know it is dogma.
    True, but where it is right too the universe is one thing not another.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 17:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Depends what you mean by "wrong". Newton was "wrong"; that doesn't mean we didn't use his equations to get to the moon successfully!
    Good point, even where science is wrong we use it, it doesn't make
    what we come up with flowless in science only useful.
    Kelly
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 17:04
    Yes, I'd vote for an atheist candidate. Yes, I'd vote for a Christian candidate. I'd have a hard time with a Young Earth Creationist candidate (because of what it would imply about that person's regard for science). I'd vote for a Muslim candidate or a Mormon candidate or a Hindu candidate. You get the picture. What matters to me is how that candidate feels about the issues that are important to me.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 19:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Good point, even where science is wrong we use it, it doesn't make
    what we come up with flowless in science only useful.
    Kelly
    In what cases do we use science that has been proven wrong? There are cases where we are less sure than others, but I can't think of a case where science has been absolutely proven wrong, yet we still use it.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 20:29
    The question should be asked, would you vote for an atheist president? What would concern you about such a President? Would you be worried that his morals might be askew with the notion that there is not a higher authority to answer to so long as no one ever discovers what his vices are? Would you worry that they would have blatant disregard for those of v ...[text shortened]... he majority believes in God then should they not elect someone who identifies with such beliefs?
    I think I would be uncomfortable with any candidate who proclaimed his religion too loudly...whether he were christian, a mormon, a muslim, an atheist, or a jew.
  13. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 22:301 edit
    I'd be more worried if he was a devout christian

and could anyone be worse than Bush - he definitely proves Darwin wrong as apes are more intelligent
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '08 10:52
    Originally posted by Lirael
    and could anyone be worse than Bush - he definitely proves Darwin wrong as apes are more intelligent
    And what does that say about all the people who voted for him in the last election? Are they also not very intelligent? Or do they not see intelligence as important for presidency? Or is it a flaw in the US political system (eg the other candidate was worse.)
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '08 10:57
    Really the only differnece between my position and your position is that your position is that evolution is 100% devoid of intelligent thought as where I say it was spun into motion by a Creator.
    I do not have a problem with people who make that claim. I do have a problem with anyone who goes a step further and claims that evolution would be impossible without the 'motion of a Creator' and then tell all sorts of lies to try and support such a claim.
    A surprising number of Christians find it hard to believe that anything can happen without Gods express will and have difficulties with the possibility that God created a world which actually works without his constant guiding hand.Would you be comfortable with the possibility that God created a universe in which he knew that without further intervention, 4 billion years later life would evolve into humanity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree