1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:10
    For those that claim to be believers, is the wrath of God something you
    concern yourself with? For those that don't believe in God, well feel free
    to talk about someone you don't think is real I guess.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The coming wrath of God is concerning.

Look at the prophet Jeremiah. He was known as the sad prophet even though he was a man of God.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:15
    What is the purpose of this supposed "wrath"?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is the purpose of this supposed "wrath"?
    To show how just and loving he is.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 15:12
    Originally posted by vivify
    To show how just and loving he is.
    Picking one attribute as Loving and ignoring others as being Holy an Just isn't to wise,
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 15:16
    Picking one attribute as Loving and ignoring others as being Holy an Just isn't to wise,
    Agreed; and sending someone to hell for eternity because they were born and raised in a country that promotes a different god(or even bans Christianity from being taught), is also unwise.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 16:06
    Originally posted by vivify
    Agreed; and sending someone to hell for eternity because they were born and raised in a country that promotes a different god(or even bans Christianity from being taught), is also unwise.
    Sin is why anyone will be judged, we all will stand before God to give an account no matter where we lived.

The trouble we all are heading towards a day where everyone will give an account. The unavoidable reality is there no avoiding this, much like being on a sinking ship in freezing water. We either escape on the method provided or deal with the freezing waters without proper help.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 20:03
    For those that don't believe in God, well feel free
    FYI: "Those that don't believe in God" here IMO don't talk about "someone they don't think is real" but rather about the people that believe in these fairy tales. People like you 😉
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 21:18
    I think people are real and their human needs are real. I wonder what needs are met by belief in the doctrine of God's wrath. But the first step would be to understand it.

Is this kind of thinking off-limits?

I suggest that one major need that is satisfied, or at least addressed, is the need for justice. Reconciling the idea that justice will mean suffering and/or deprivation for some, with the idea that God is love, seems to be something that can be discussed by thoughtful people, regardless of their faith status.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 22:181 edit
    What about those who are believers but are also on your ignore list? What about those who are not believers but also on your ignore list?

You need to be more specific when aiming your posts please.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 23:06
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think people are real and their human needs are real. I wonder what needs are met by belief in the doctrine of God's wrath. But the first step would be to understand it.

Is this kind of thinking off-limits?

I suggest that one major need that is satisfied, or at least addressed, is the need for justice. Reconciling the idea that justice will mean suff ...[text shortened]... ms to be something that can be discussed by thoughtful people, regardless of their faith status.
    I believe people and their needs are real, and with respect to the wrath of God that does
    not have to have meaning about what "people need" it just has to be. The thinking about
    it isn't off limits, why in the world would that be true? Don't almost every single one of us
    feel the need to justify our actions regardless of our faith status? There being a just end to
    all deeds good and bad isn't an unknown concept to people. Do we not damn things that
    upset us, or hope people go to a better place?

To grasp God it is wise to realize He does love us, but is not going to tolerate a sinful life
    no matter slight or completely evil we have been! To grasp God does love us and realize
    no matter how bad we have been that He paid a price to save us, but will allow us to
    reject Him. I think it is foolish to reject the Holy and Just nature of God and look at only
    the attributes we feel good about seeing, this would distort God in our minds and not give
    us a clear picture of who He is.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 23:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    FYI: "Those that don't believe in God" here IMO don't talk about "someone they don't think is real" but rather about the people that believe in these fairy tales. People like you 😉
    Fine, I was just attempting to not reject anyone from putting in their input. There has never
    been a ban on talking about people here that I'm aware of.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 00:11
    I believe people and their needs are real, and with respect to the wrath of God that does
    not have to have meaning about what "people need" it just has to be. The thinking about
    it isn't off limits, why in the world would that be true? Don't almost every single one of us
    feel the need to justify our actions regardless of our faith status? There being a j ...[text shortened]... about seeing, this would distort God in our minds and not give
    us a clear picture of who He is.
    What do you think of the idea that while God's wrath is not just dreamed up by man to satisfy our need to have justice in the world, it is in fact a satisfactory answer to that need?

What do you think of the idea that because it is a satisfactory answer to that need, any apparent conflict that we see between God's wrath and God's loving us is due to... what?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 01:32
    Originally posted by JS357
    What do you think of the idea that while God's wrath is not just dreamed up by man to satisfy our need to have justice in the world, it is in fact a satisfactory answer to that need?

What do you think of the idea that because it is a satisfactory answer to that need, any apparent conflict that we see between God's wrath and God's loving us is due to... what?
    I believe in what the scripture says and its very clear. I don't hold myself to the standard of being so full of myself that just because I like something it has to be true. So I believe that reality will be whatever it is regardless of my likes or dislikes. I believe God is the Creator of all and I believe He is Love, Just, and Holy.

Since He created this universe with intent I think evil is just a small bump in the road. I don't believe anyone who chooses evil over love will find a place in God's kingdom. What God said is going to happen to them is send them to a place prepared for the devil and his angels.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 05:08
    I believe in what the scripture says and its very clear. I don't hold myself to the standard of being so full of myself that just because I like something it has to be true. So I believe that reality will be whatever it is regardless of my likes or dislikes. I believe God is the Creator of all and I believe He is Love, Just, and Holy.

Since He created th ...[text shortened]... d said is going to happen to them is send them to a place prepared for the devil and his angels.
    I hope those beliefs do the most good of any you might have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree