1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 05:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    I hope those beliefs do the most good of any you might have.
    We all have beliefs no one goes through life without them. I'm of the mind I cannot prove
    God to anyone, only God can reveal Himself to them. If I talk you into something the next
    guy can talk you out of it. I cannot make scripture come true, or promises of God, only
    God can do that. That said I do believe God will keep His Word and in it all of mankind is
    heading to a very bad place and according to scripture only a few avoid it.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 16:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We all have beliefs no one goes through life without them. I'm of the mind I cannot prove
    God to anyone, only God can reveal Himself to them. If I talk you into something the next
    guy can talk you out of it. I cannot make scripture come true, or promises of God, only
    God can do that. That said I do believe God will keep His Word and in it all of mankind is
    heading to a very bad place and according to scripture only a few avoid it.
    Amy I ask, what motivates you to participate in this forum?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 16:461 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Amy I ask, what motivates you to participate in this forum?
    I believe Jesus died for each of us without exception, and He tells us to go out and share
    the gospel. He works with us, we maybe the one who plants a seed, or waters, and God
    makes it grow. I believe that we share and God enlightens when we share the truth, but
    my sharing is no different than anyone else' if God isn't in it, its worthless. So I attempt to
    share about His love, righteousness, and Holiness so others may hear.

I don't know why He chooses us to be apart of His plan of salvation but we are. I know the
    life I've lived without God's grace would send me some place I'd rather not go. I also know
    that everyone I come into contact with faces the same fate, and the same salvation I have
    has been offered by the same one who died for my sins. So if I can share so He receives
    the reward for His suffering by helping others like me come to Him, I'm grateful.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:22
    I believe Jesus died for each of us without exception, and He tells us to go out and share
    the gospel. He works with us, we maybe the one who plants a seed, or waters, and God
    makes it grow. I believe that we share and God enlightens when we share the truth, but
    my sharing is no different than anyone else' if God isn't in it, its worthless. So I attempt ...[text shortened]... o He receives
    the reward for His suffering by helping others like me come to Him, I'm grateful.
    OK thanks.
  5. St. Peter's
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 00:11
    For those that claim to be believers, is the wrath of God something you
    concern yourself with? For those that don't believe in God, well feel free
    to talk about someone you don't think is real I guess.
    no.
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 00:19
    "wrath" of god anthropomorphizes the divine and attributes human qualities to a being that transcends humanity. It represents a view of god understood in a particular context by a particular culture. It is problematic to continue trying to humanize god, and interpret the sacred texts in a strictly historical/literal hermeneutic.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 17:16
    Originally posted by Doward
    "wrath" of god anthropomorphizes the divine and attributes human qualities to a being that transcends humanity. It represents a view of god understood in a particular context by a particular culture. It is problematic to continue trying to humanize god, and interpret the sacred texts in a strictly historical/literal hermeneutic.
    Are you sure?

The New Testament says let NO ONE ... deceive you with vain words about "the wrath" of God.

" Let no one deceive you with vain words, for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience." (Eph. 5:6)

Paul says here in essence "Don't let anybody fool you."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree