WWJD? This is spot on!

WWJD? This is spot on!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Since when do you speak on behalf of the Skipper ?

"What makes sence to me is that if one follows someone elses path, Jesus' in this case, one will never gain his wisdom. For he was a selfmade man."

If you want to go to Washington do you follow the signs pointing in the city's direction or do you "answer your own questions" ?
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ---
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Robert Frost from "Two Roads Diverged"

S

Utrecht

Moves
19 Dec 06

Since when do you speak on behalf of the Skipper ?

"What makes sence to me is that if one follows someone elses path, Jesus' in this case, one will never gain his wisdom. For he was a selfmade man."

If you want to go to Washington do you follow the signs pointing in the city's direction or do you "answer your own questions" ?
To my knowledge, there is no roadmap to God.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by Sake
Uh oh! Now you've done it.

S

Utrecht

Moves
19 Dec 06

Am I lost now Kirk?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Dec 06

Am I lost now Kirk?
I am afraid you is. Just know I still love you no matter what others will say about you or how long you will burn in the eternal lake of fire.

S

Utrecht

Moves
19 Dec 06

You are truly a righteous rev Kirk. Who turned on the eternal fire anyway and can he/she switch it off? And if he/she can, why doesn't he/she? It's a waste of energy nowadays 😉

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Dec 06

You are truly a righteous rev Kirk. Who turned on the eternal fire anyway and can he/she switch it off? And if he/she can, why doesn't he/she? It's a waste of energy nowadays 😉
I believe in a different kind of fire.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
I believe in a different kind of fire.
That's odd, I hear Barry White...

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Dec 06
2 edits

... to your knowledge .... sure ....

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVS.HTM

The Story of the Young Rich Ruler.

16 11 12 Now someone approached him and said, "Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?"

17 He answered him, "Why do you ask me about the good? There is only One who is good. 13 If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

18 14 He asked him, "Which ones?" And Jesus replied, " 'You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness;

19 honor your father and your mother'; and 'you shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

20 15 The young man said to him, "All of these I have observed. What do I still lack?"

21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, 16 go, sell what you have and give to (the) poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

22 When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

23 17 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Amen, I say to you, it will be hard for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

25 18 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and said, "Who then can be saved?"

26 Jesus looked at them and said, "For human beings this is impossible, but for God all things are possible."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...and in case you are interested in an explanation of these verses please visit:

The Encyclical "Veritatis Splendor":

http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0222/__P3.HTM

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
That's odd, I hear Barry White...
I hear that one too at times. I was thinking that the concept of a refining fire is a more hopeful one than an endless and all consuming fire.

w

Moves
20 Dec 06

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ---
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Robert Frost from "Two Roads Diverged"
What a great poem.
Good reasoning for taking your own religious path and not being a Christian.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by whiterose
What a great poem.
Good reasoning for taking your own religious path and not being a Christian.
Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

w

Moves
20 Dec 06

Those two aren't mutually exclusive.
"I took the road less traveled by"

Hmmm, how many Christians are there in the world?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by whiterose
"I took the road less traveled by"

Hmmm, how many Christians are there in the world?
As you can tell in these forums, there are divergent paths in Christianity.

S

Utrecht

Moves
20 Dec 06

... to your knowledge .... sure ....

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PVS.HTM

The Story of the Young Rich Ruler.

16 11 12 Now someone approached him and said, "Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?"

17 He answered him, "Why do you ask me about the good? There is only One who is good. 13 If you wish to enter into life, kee ...[text shortened]... al "Veritatis Splendor":

http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0222/__P3.HTM
Beautiful words of Jesus. Still, by following there hasn't been one since who obtained the knowledge he had. Why do you follow and what is your drive to speak so loudly about Jesus and God when it is impossible for human beings to be saved?