1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 08:59
    Is the X a deliberate ploy used by liberals to remove Christ from Christmas?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 09:03
    @dj2becker said
    There is no Christ in Christmas; it’s a pagan ceremony of the Sun god which was adopted by the early church and translated to a “mass” for Christ by the Vatican.

Relax.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 09:46
    @divegeester said
    There is no Christ in Christmas; it’s a pagan ceremony of the Sun god which was adopted by the early church and translated to a “mass” for Christ by the Vatican.

Relax.
    Christmas is a cash cow and I refuse to partisipate.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 10:011 edit
    @divegeester said

Relax.
    There is no Christ in Christmas

Those that are able to read will notice that Christ has been replaced with an X.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 10:33
    @dj2becker said
    Liberals?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:21
    @badradger said
    Christmas is a cash cow and I refuse to partisipate.
    It's good for the economy. Unfortunately it commercializes Christmas. That's why we hear it said "keep Christ in Christmas".

Christ is in the heart. Christmas is an event marking the birth of the saviour. It's not exactly Jesus' birthday. It's not a birthday party. It's just a holiday. A day off from work. A time for family and friends to celebrate the joys of living.

Merry Christmas
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:28
    @dj2becker said

Those that are able to read will notice that Christ has been replaced with an X.
    The X is short for the cross I suppose. The cross (the shape) itself bein* another superstitious symbol.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:312 edits
    @suzianne said
    Liberals?
    For those having exceedingly simplistic views, what other possible explanation could there be?

By and large, fundamentalist Christians operate on the level of a ten-year-old. It's why so many fundamentalist Christians support Trump - people like people like themselves.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:371 edit
    @divegeester said
    The X is short for the cross I suppose. The cross (the shape) itself bein* another superstitious symbol.
    Strong's Concordance

Christos: the Anointed One, Messiah, Christ
    Original Word: Χριστός, οῦ, ὁ
    Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
    Transliteration: Christos
    Phonetic Spelling: (khris-tos' )
    Definition: the Anointed One, Messiah, Christ
    Usage: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ.

https://biblehub.com/greek/5547.htm
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:41
    @dj2becker said

You're such a clever boy. Yes you are.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 13:51
    @dj2becker said
    No.

Instead of creating silly threads why not invest that time in learning about the etymology of words.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 14:37
    @dj2becker said
    Many things are what we make them, it is a day, it can be about Christ, family and friends, or so many other things. I wish everyone a merry Christmas and hope your day is filled with love, life, family, friends, and may the mercy love and grace of God find you, filling your hearts to over flowing.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 15:041 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No.

Instead of creating silly threads why not invest that time in learning about the etymology of words.
    You mean like where did the word God come from?

From the imagination of primitive, prehistoric and superstitious ape like humans?

Homoapeiens? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😉
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 09:07
    @suzianne said
    Liberals?
    Not referring to American politics. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Apologies for the confusion.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 09:34
    Traditionally, I believe Easter was a more celebrated Christian holiday.

It still is in E. Europe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree