1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 09:52
    The Material World is designed to frustrate us.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    To some extent we can fulfill our material desires here in the material world but nature is constructed in such a way to frustrate all our attempts in the long run. We are forced to come back here to the material world birth after birth and in every birth we try to enjoy our senses but we are always frustrated in the end. Every body we get in the material world is subject to birth, old age, disease and death. After many, many births of frustration in the material world an intelligent person can see there is actually no pleasure here so he begins to search for something else, something spiritual...

Scientists have good intelligence, but they are misusing it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Scientists are actually misusing their God-given intelligence. They certainly have good intelligence but such intelligent men are meant to be trained as Brahmins to become experts in the Vedic scriptures so they can learn and teach actual scientific knowledge which can really solve all the problems of the people on this planet.
    When people become frustrated with material life there has to be someone to tell them about spiritual life so these intelligent men should be doing this.
    They should use their intelligence to study the Vedas, to become Krishna conscious themselves and then to spread Krishna consciousness all over the world. But instead the scientists are misusing their good intelligence and are encouraging people to become more and more animalistic.

There is an Evolution of Consciousness, not an evolution of species.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to the Vedic knowledge there is evolution but it is not evolution of the species as Darwin proposed, but evolution of consciousness. As the fossil record clearly shows there are no intermediate forms between one species and another. The Padma Purana describes there are 8,400,000 species of life within this universe. Every species is existing at all times but they may not all be present on any given planet.
    There are unlimited planets in this one universe and we have information that beyond this universe there are unlimited other universes also. This universe is one of the smallest. There are many universes much larger than this one.
    But everywhere in the material creation these 8,400,000 species of life exist. The forms already exist on the subtle platform even if they are not physically manifested. This universe is going through cycles. Sometimes it is manifested and sometimes it is unmanifested but even when there is no manifested material world all the forms of the 8,400,000 species of life are still there on the subtle platform.
    Every species of life is one step on the ladder of the evolution of consciousness. The soul in every species of life is equal in quality and quantity with the others, it is only due to the consciousness of a particular living entity that he takes a higher or lower body.
    If I ask the real questions one is meant to in this human form of life, which are: "Who am I? What is the purpose of life? What is spirit? Who is God?" then I am bound to be elevated to a higher platform of consciousness in the next life.

Evolution working backwards?
    --------------------------------
    If, however, I misuse this human form of life and live like the monkeys, simply looking for the material necessities of life: namely eating, sleeping, sex life and defense, then I am no better than a monkey and I will take a monkeys body in the next life.
    The scientists don't know about this "backward" evolution.
    They are heading backwards in the evolution of consciousness because they are using their God-given intelligence for facilitating the animal propensities in an advanced, scientific way instead of using it for advancing spiritually. As a result of their misuse of their intelligence they are going backwards on the evolutionary path and will find themselves in the bodies of monkeys in their next lives.

Madhudvisa Das
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 10:16
    Originally posted by Dasa
    To some extent we can fulfill our material desires here in the material world but nature is constructed in such a way to frustrate all our attempts in the long run. We are forced to come back here to the material world birth after birth and in every birth we tr ...[text shortened]... ry path and will find themselves in the bodies of monkeys in their next lives.

Madhudvisa Das
    On the contrary. We as a race, using the intelligence given us by evolution, are evolving to something greater than humanity is today. Longer and healthier lives, we already accomplished that. I myself am working full time, driving 160 miles a day in my commute to work and I am 73 years old, supporting a half dozen people. I'd say that is a pretty significant improvement in living.

A thousand years ago, I would have been dead by the age of 40, an old man at 35.

Now a 35 year old is considered just starting out.

That is just the beginning. As science advances even more, we will live even longer and more productive lives, starting college at the age of 100, learning new skills at the age of 150.

The idea there is to improve our lives in the here and now, not worry about some afterlife, reincarnation or whatever other religious scam that comes along.

Your reincarnation IS a scam, one of the big ones. Some other scams are Islam and Christianity.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 10:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    On the contrary. We as a race, using the intelligence given us by evolution, are evolving to something greater than humanity is today. Longer and healthier lives, we already accomplished that. I myself am working full time, driving 160 miles a day in my commute to work and I am 73 years old, supporting a half dozen people. I'd say that is a pretty significa ...[text shortened]...
    Your reincarnation IS a scam, one of the big ones. Some other scams are Islam and Christianity.
    In the beginning man lived to be over 900 years old. When, if ever, do you suppose man will evolve back to that level of longevity?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 16:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    evolve back
    You just lost the argument.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 22:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    On the contrary. We as a race, using the intelligence given us by evolution, are evolving to something greater than humanity is today. Longer and healthier lives, we already accomplished that. I myself am working full time, driving 160 miles a day in my commute to work and I am 73 years old, supporting a half dozen people. I'd say that is a pretty significa ...[text shortened]...
    How can you possibly in the here and now avoid disease old age and death.

You cannot ...........so your science is the big scam.

This world is not our real home...................how could it be when everyone grows old and gets sick and dies.

The intelligent man works to live a spiritual life which affords him the opportunity to return HOME [ Back home to Godhead].............where there is no such thing as old age and sickness and death.

Your scam to sell us all a long life ...............is simply a longer life of suffering and torment given to us by the old and worn out material body which will become dust in the end.

You can only offer misery and death and dust.

Your scam is busted wide open........................but never mind because cheating science can sell their miracle creams and potions to all the old people and tell them all that they will now look much younger thanks to science.......as they are all withering and dying in their death beds.

This is one more cheating scam by foolish and dishonest atheistic science.............who are teaching our children that everything that exists has come about by random accidents.

Such shameless nonsense.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 22:29
    In the beginning man lived to be over 900 years old. When, if ever, do you suppose man will evolve back to that level of longevity?
    Yes.............that is true we all did live a long life before.

But what use is along life if we are suffering and are ignorant.

Some trees live for a thousand years but what use is that if you simply stand out in all soughts of weather and do nothing and know nothing.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 00:05
    Yes.............that is true we all did live a long life before.

But what use is along life if we are suffering and are ignorant.

Some trees live for a thousand years but what use is that if you simply stand out in all soughts of weather and do nothing and know nothing.
    I think that that is perfectly reasonable behaviour if you are a tree. Their objectives, in so far as they have any, are not our objectives.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 00:231 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think that that is perfectly reasonable behaviour if you are a tree. Their objectives, in so far as they have any, are not our objectives.
    Dasa surrenders to materialism in rejecting it. If the essence of the world is spiritual, the material world would have lessons for us.

I wish I was a forest
    Of trees that do not hide
    I wish I was a clearing
    No secrets left inside

From Run Lola Run
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 04:181 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    You just lost the argument.
    Then what is the answer? Also what argument did I loose? 😏
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 09:49
    How can you possibly in the here and now avoid disease old age and death.

You cannot ...........so your science is the big scam.

This world is not our real home...................how could it be when everyone grows old and gets sick and dies.

The intelligent man works to live a spiritual life which affords him the opportunity to return HOME [ Back ho ...[text shortened]... dren that everything that exists has come about by random accidents.

Such shameless nonsense.
    Well that scam has resulted in billions of people a lot healthier than 1000 years ago. So I applaud that particular 'scam'.

The REAL scam I disapprove of is your scam of humans alive trillions of years ago. Or your lord coming back only every 6.5 billion years.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Mar '15 19:062 edits
    To some extent we can fulfill our material desires here in the material world but nature is constructed in such a way to frustrate all our attempts in the long run. We are forced to come back here to the material world birth after birth and in every birth we tr ...[text shortened]... ry path and will find themselves in the bodies of monkeys in their next lives.

Madhudvisa Das
    Whilst we're on the subject of "backwards" ...
    .su etartsurf ot dengised si dlroW lairetaM ehT
    ...lautirips gnihtemos ,esle gnihtemos rof hcraes ot snigeb eh os ereh erusaelp on yllautca si ereht ees nac nosrep tnegilletni na dlrow lairetam eht ni noitartsurf fo shtrib ynam ,ynam retfA .htaed dna esaesid ,ega dlo ,htrib ot tcejbus si dlrow lairetam eht ni teg ew ydob yrevE .dne eht ni detartsurf syawla era ew tub sesnes ruo yojne ot yrt ew htrib yreve ni dna htrib retfa htrib dlrow lairetam eht ot ereh kcab emoc ot decrof era eW .nur gnol eht ni stpmetta ruo lla etartsurf ot yaw a hcus ni detcurtsnoc si erutan tub dlrow lairetam eht ni ereh serised lairetam ruo llifluf nac ew tnetxe emos oT

.ti gnisusim era yeht tub ,ecnegilletni doog evah stsitneicS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    .tenalp siht no elpoep eht fo smelborp eht lla evlos yllaer nac hcihw egdelwonk cifitneics lautca hcaet dna nrael nac yeht os serutpircs cideV eht ni strepxe emoceb ot snimharB sa deniart eb ot tnaem era nem tnegilletni hcus tub ecnegilletni doog evah ylniatrec yehT .ecnegilletni nevig-doG rieht gnisusim yllautca era stsitneicS
    .siht gniod eb dluohs nem tnegilletni eseht os efil lautirips tuoba meht llet ot enoemos eb ot sah ereht efil lairetam htiw detartsurf emoceb elpoep nehW
    .citsilamina erom dna erom emoceb ot elpoep gnigaruocne era dna ecnegilletni doog rieht gnisusim era stsitneics eht daetsni tuB .dlrow eht revo lla ssensuoicsnoc anhsirK daerps ot neht dna sevlesmeht suoicsnoc anhsirK emoceb ot ,sadeV eht yduts ot ecnegilletni rieht esu dluohs yehT

.seiceps fo noitulove na ton ,ssensuoicsnoC fo noitulovE na si erehT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    .tenalp nevig yna no tneserp eb lla ton yam yeht tub semit lla ta gnitsixe si seiceps yrevE .esrevinu siht nihtiw efil fo seiceps 000,004,8 era ereht sebircsed anaruP amdaP ehT .rehtona dna seiceps eno neewteb smrof etaidemretni on era ereht swohs ylraelc drocer lissof eht sA .ssensuoicsnoc fo noitulove tub ,desoporp niwraD sa seiceps eht fo noitulove ton si ti tub noitulove si ereht egdelwonk cideV eht ot gnidroccA
    .eno siht naht regral hcum sesrevinu ynam era erehT .tsellams eht fo eno si esrevinu sihT .osla sesrevinu rehto detimilnu era ereht esrevinu siht dnoyeb taht noitamrofni evah ew dna esrevinu eno siht ni stenalp detimilnu era erehT
    .mroftalp eltbus eht no ereht llits era efil fo seiceps 000,004,8 eht fo smrof eht lla dlrow lairetam detsefinam on si ereht nehw neve tub detsefinamnu si ti semitemos dna detsefinam si ti semitemoS .selcyc hguorht gniog si esrevinu sihT .detsefinam yllacisyhp ton era yeht fi neve mroftalp eltbus eht no tsixe ydaerla smrof ehT .tsixe efil fo seiceps 000,004,8 eseht noitaerc lairetam eht ni erehwyreve tuB
    .ydob rewol ro rehgih a sekat eh taht ytitne gnivil ralucitrap a fo ssensuoicsnoc eht ot eud ylno si ti ,srehto eht htiw ytitnauq dna ytilauq ni lauqe si efil fo seiceps yreve ni luos ehT .ssensuoicsnoc fo noitulove eht fo reddal eht no pets eno si efil fo seiceps yrevE
    .efil txen eht ni ssensuoicsnoc fo mroftalp rehgih a ot detavele eb ot dnuob ma I neht "?doG si ohW ?tirips si tahW ?efil fo esoprup eht si tahW ?I ma ohW" :era hcihw ,efil fo mrof namuh siht ni ot tnaem si eno snoitseuq laer eht ksa I fI

?sdrawkcab gnikrow noitulovE
    --------------------------------
    .efil txen eht ni ydob syeknom a ekat lliw I dna yeknom a naht retteb on ma I neht ,esnefed dna efil xes ,gnipeels ,gnitae yleman :efil fo seitissecen lairetam eht rof gnikool ylpmis ,syeknom eht ekil evil dna efil fo mrof namuh siht esusim I ,revewoh ,fI
    .noitulove "drawkcab" siht tuoba wonk t'nod stsitneics ehT
    .sevil txen rieht ni syeknom fo seidob eht ni sevlesmeht dnif lliw dna htap yranoitulove eht no sdrawkcab gniog era yeht ecnegilletni rieht fo esusim rieht fo tluser a sA .yllautirips gnicnavda rof ti gnisu fo daetsni yaw cifitneics ,decnavda na ni seitisneporp lamina eht gnitatilicaf rof ecnegilletni nevig-doG rieht gnisu era yeht esuaceb ssensuoicsnoc fo noitulove eht ni sdrawkcab gnidaeh era yehT

saD asivduhdaM

Hope this helps 🙂
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 06:12
    You lost on spelling.

And you claim to have been in comms for the Whitehouse?!?!??!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 10:10
    The word is 'lose'.

If you're loose, that means something else entirely.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 13:05
    Scientists are actually misusing their God-given intelligence. They certainly have good intelligence but such intelligent men are meant to be trained as Brahmins
    thus spoke Dasa, from his brahmin designed smartphone on a chess site forum designed by a brahmin while on the internet invented by a brahmin.

he later hopped into his brahmin engineered car and drove on nicely paved streets whose construction was overseed by brahmins. he stopped to pick up his brahmin invented medicine prescribed to him by his brahmin doctor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 13:31
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Whilst we're on the subject of "backwards" ...
    .su etartsurf ot dengised si dlroW lairetaM ehT
    ...lautirips gnihtemos ,esle gnihtemos rof hcraes ot snigeb eh os ereh erusaelp on yllautca si ereht ees nac nosrep tnegilletni na dlrow lairetam eht ni noitartsurf fo shtrib ynam ,ynam retfA .htaed dna es ...[text shortened]... fo noitulove eht ni sdrawkcab gnidaeh era yehT

saD asivduhdaM

Hope this helps 🙂
    It makes just as much sense that way, doesn't it! BTW, how did you manage that trick? Surely you didn't do it one word at a time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree