1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 13:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It makes just as much sense that way, doesn't it! BTW, how did you manage that trick? Surely you didn't do it one word at a time?
    Computer programs can do it.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 19:463 edits
    It makes just as much sense that way, doesn't it! BTW, how did you manage that trick? Surely you didn't do it one word at a time?
    good old linux command line:

cat <some text file> | rev ๐Ÿ˜€
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '15 22:56
    Originally posted by Agerg
    good old linux command line:

cat <some text file> | rev ๐Ÿ˜€
    I guess that won't work on a windows machine๐Ÿ™‚
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 01:59
    I guess that won't work on a windows machine๐Ÿ™‚
    Heh ... much as I'd love to start bashing windows, it does have powershell, and I would presume there is some (hopefully simple) way of doing the same.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 03:126 edits
    Heh ... much as I'd love to start bashing windows, it does have powershell, and I would presume there is some (hopefully simple) way of doing the same.
    The obvious move is to use a perl script, it wouldn't be hard to write.

Edit: For those who can run perl programs, copy and paste into a file reverser.pl - you may have to change the #!/usr/bin/perl bit I don't know I haven't used a Windows machine in a decade:

to run in linux: reverser.pl myfile
    No idea how to run it in Windows

#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach(<> ){
    chomp;
    reverse($_."\n" );
    }
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 03:30
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Material World is designed to frustrate us.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    To some extent we can fulfill our material desires here in the material world but nature is constructed in such a way to frustrate all our attempts in the long run. We are forced to come back here to the material world birth after birth and in every birth we tr ...[text shortened]... ry path and will find themselves in the bodies of monkeys in their next lives.

Madhudvisa Das
    ...and I will take a monkeys body in the next life."

I guess you'd be one of the lucky ones! ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously though, how do you know everything you said is true?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 03:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    Seriously though, how do you know everything you said is true?
    Dasa cites the Vedas as his authority on spiritual matters just as you cite the Bible as yours.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 03:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa cites the Vedas as his authority on spiritual matters just as you cite the Bible as yours.
    He may be citing the Vedas directly, I've no idea, but he may be citing a commentary by the guy who set up the Krishnas.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 12:512 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The obvious move is to use a perl script, it wouldn't be hard to write.

Edit: For those who can run perl programs, copy and paste into a file reverser.pl - you may have to change the #!/usr/bin/perl bit I don't know I haven't used a Windows machine in a decade:

to run in linux: reverser.pl myfile
    No idea how to run it in Windows

#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach(<> ){
    chomp;
    reverse($_."\n" );
    }
    I figured writing a script might have been overkill (though mercifully you chose perl over bash). That said, I think your script needs to be tweaked a little ...

#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach(<> ){
    chomp;
    print (my $line = reverse("\n".$_)); Reveal Hidden Content
    sneaky one this, but reversing order here ensures we don&#039;t start with a new line and finish with text on the same line as the prompt (i.e. we&#039;re not just undoing the chomp)... also we should actually print something!

}
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 13:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course he does, but I asked how does he know it's true!

I know the Bible is true because of the evidence. Take for example the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The record is true and beyond doubt.

For just once I'd like to see the evidence that the Word of God, as it is contained in a book we call the Bible, which every blowhard since the resurrection has tried and failed to prove is wrong, has ever failed to be true in every particular.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 13:131 edit
    I figured writing a script might have been overkill (though mercifully you chose perl over bash). That said, I think your script needs to be tweaked a little ...

#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach(<> ){
    chomp;
    print (my $line = reverse("\n".$_)); [hidden]sneaky one this, but reversing order here ensures we don't start with a new line and finish with text ...[text shortened]... (i.e. we're not just undoing the chomp)... also we should actually print something![/hidden]
    }
    "Reveal Hidden Content
    ... also we should actually print something!
    "
    That actually makes sense! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 13:54
    Of course he does, but I asked how does he know it's true!

I know the Bible is true because of the evidence. Take for example the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The record is true and beyond doubt.

For just once I'd like to see the evidence that the Word of God, as it is contained in a book we call the Bible, which every blowhard since the resurrection has tried and failed to prove is wrong, has ever failed to be true in every particular.

You are entitled to your beliefs and superstitions, and to make your subjective assertions based upon them over and over again, just as Dasa is.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 14:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are entitled to your beliefs and superstitions, and to make your subjective assertions based upon them over and over again, just as Dasa is.
    But your beliefs and superstitions and subjective assertions are different?

There it is FMF. The very point I keep trying to make with you throughout these threads.

Without an objective source of absolute Truth everything everyone says falls into the same category of subjectivism.

I wish we could go beyond this superficial debate and get at some real Truth!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 14:53
    But your beliefs and superstitions and subjective assertions are different?
    My beliefs are different from yours and from Dasa's, yes. I thought that was clear already. Furthermore, different from both you and Dasa, I do not claim to have some monopoly on "the truth" or to have a body of religionist folklore/literature that I am claiming is an objective "authority" to which I appeal. I find both your claims about "the Word of God" and Dasa's claims about his "true religion" to be far-fetched and unconvincing.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 14:56
    I wish we could go beyond this superficial debate and get at some real Truth!
    The superficial element is surely mostly provided by you simply repeating over and over and over again that what you believe is the "real Truth" and that beliefs that are different from yours are not the "real Truth". Sometimes, it seems like your ministry here has nothing much to offer other than your own certainty and sincerity. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree