1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '12 02:26
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you've been sucked into that claim, not i. your false prophet promises you eternal life in paradise.
    I was referring to the Watchtower Society, which is known to be a false prophet that has no authority to make that promise. Christ is the only one that is able to fulfill that promise for He has all authority.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 May '12 02:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was referring to the Watchtower Society, which is known to be a false prophet that has no authority to make that promise. Christ is the only one that is able to fulfill that promise for He has all authority.
    it makes no difference which false prophet makes false promises of eternal life in paradise. you've all been duped.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '12 04:07
    it makes no difference which false prophet makes false promises of eternal life in paradise. you've all been duped.
    You are mistaken to think of Christ is a false prophet. There are prophecies He made that came to past concerning His death and resurrection as well, as the physical destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. So if they came true, why should I doubt that His prophecies for the future will not also be fulfilled?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '12 11:22
    You are mistaken to think of Christ is a false prophet. There are prophecies He made that came to past concerning His death and resurrection as well, as the physical destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. So if they came true, why should I doubt that His prophecies for the future will not also be fulfilled?
    They call that the old self fulfilling prophesy trick. You have been duped. They are only stories written in books thousands of years old and you have no independent verification of the veracity of those stories.

You have been thoroughly and completely taken. Duped is not even close to the real meaning of what has happened to you and a billion other people.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '12 11:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They call that the old self fulfilling prophesy trick. You have been duped. They are only stories written in books thousands of years old and you have no independent verification of the veracity of those stories.

You have been thoroughly and completely taken. Duped is not even close to the real meaning of what has happened to you and a billion other people.
    The truth that is presented is enough verification for me. And prophecies in that book are still being fulfilled. A pretty good trick, indeed. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '12 12:04
    The truth that is presented is enough verification for me. And prophecies in that book are still being fulfilled. A pretty good trick, indeed. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
    Yeah, like the prophesy your Jesus will 'soon' return. It is clear that 2000 years is NOT
    'soon'.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 May '12 17:37
    he's a false prophet; he failed to fulfill messianic prophecies and he was not able to keep his promise to return within a single generation. you've been duped.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 01:15
    Yeah, like the prophesy your Jesus will 'soon' return. It is clear that 2000 years is NOT
    'soon'.
    The Holy Bible says a thousand years is like a day with God. So according to that reckoning, it only seems like 2 days to God and yes, that would be soon. There is pretty good indication that God plans to take action in the third day. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 01:181 edit
    he's a false prophet; he failed to fulfill messianic prophecies and he was not able to keep his promise to return within a single generation. you've been duped.
    What single generation did Christ promise to return? Where is the scripture that backs up your statement?
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 May '12 03:21
    What single generation did Christ promise to return? Where is the scripture that backs up your statement?
    well let's go over his failed prophecies then.

mat 24 - sets up the whammy scenario ...

false christs...
    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

wars and rumors of wars...
    Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

famines, pestilences, earthquakes...
    Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places

more so called false prophets...
    Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

people will stop loving...
    Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

the gospel will spread to all the world...
    Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

woe to the pregnant...
    Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

the great tribulation...
    Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

sigh, more false christs (as if the first one was true)...
    Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

the sun will go dark and the moon won't shine...
    Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

hurrah, good 'ole christ will come down from heaven and save us all (at least the survivors)
    Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

angels and trumpets...
    Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

when will it all happen?
    Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

hate to break it to you buddy, your false prophet failed. none of those things happened.

and don't even think about using some absurd interpretation for "generation" because mat 16:27-28 makes it crystal clear:

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
    Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

christ is talking about a single generation, a single lifetime till ALL be fulfilled and the son of man coming in his kingdom.

the kingdom didn't come. the son of man didn't come. nothing was fulfilled. you're still waiting on a false hope that died about 2000 years ago with the death of the last of jesus christ's alleged audience.

i'm sure you can search and find soothing apologies that will lie to you and convince you to forget these verses and failed prophecies, claiming that something else is meant by them. and you will of course believe those lies because of your emotional and spiritual investment in this false prophet.

you can do the above, but it will not change the fact that you lay your hopes on a false messiah who failed to fulfill messianic prophecies and failed to fulfill his own promises.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 03:45

false christs...
    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come t ...[text shortened]... ah who failed to fulfill messianic prophecies and failed to fulfill his own promises.
    You know, the really really sad part is these christians really feel like if the world ends they will be rescued. Like the big asteroid is heading to Earth, we can't stop or divert it, they will be raising their voices to their lord thinking their god will make the boo boo go away and all will be well again.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 17:51

false christs...

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come t ...[text shortened]... ah who failed to fulfill messianic prophecies and failed to fulfill his own promises.
    In the prophecies here, one has been fulfilled and the other is to be fulfilled in the future. There are two different generations of the Jewish people spoken of by Christ. One during the lifetime of Jesus and his disciples and another one at the time of the end.

Matthew 16:28 was fulfilled seven days later as seen in the the following chapter. The "some standing here" refers to Peter, James and John and "seeing the Son of man coming in His kingdom" refers to the transfiguration. This is confirmed by 2 Peter 1:16-18 where the transfiguration is said to be "the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." The transfiguration was a marvelous preview vision of the Lord's future coming in His kingdom majesty.

Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
    (Matthew 17:1-2 NKJV)

For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
    (2 Peter 1:16-18 NKJV)

Now I will turned to the unfulfilled prophecy of the coming end time in Matthew 24.

The word translated Generation in the New Testament is [genea] or [genos] which means a 'family or kin.' It can also mean a period of their family, or offspring. Thayer's Greek- English Lexicon of the New Testatment also defines it as "the whole multitude of men living at the same time, used esp. of the Jewish race living at one and the same period."

In order for the 'All' to be fulfilled in that generation which Christ spoke about in Matthew 24, the time He refers to must be at the end of the age.

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
    Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

(Matthew 24:1-3 NKJV)

In matthew 24 Christ is warning not only the disciples about the coming wickedness and false teachers, but the Churches throughout time. He tells us to watch, for these are the signs that will alert us of His soon Coming. And He says this generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled.

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(Matthew 12:38-40 NKJV)

Only the sign of Jonah was given to that present evil generation that Christ was speaking to. However, a future generation will receive other signs and that generation will not pass away until "ALL" is fulfilled.

There is a parallel passage in Luke 21:24-32 that would give light to the true meaning of "this generation" mentioned in Matthew 24:34.

"And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

In Luke 21:24 Christ talks about the "fulfillment of the times of the Gentiles" and he equates it with the "fulfillment of the prophecy in his Olivet discourse."

Thus, "this generation" in Matthew 24:34 is the generation of men living at the time when the prophecy of Christ of the end times is unfolding. Christ designed "his generation" to be considered by all generation thereafter as referring to their particular generation so that all generations would be vigilant and prepared for his coming. Very clever of Christ, wouldn't you say.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 18:29
    In the prophecies here, one has been fulfilled and the other is to be fulfilled in the future. There are two different generations of the Jewish people spoken of by Christ. One during the lifetime of Jesus and his disciples and another one at the time of the end.

Matthew 16:28 was fulfilled seven days later as seen in the the following chapter. The "som ...[text shortened]... epared for his coming. Very clever of Christ, wouldn't you say.
    [/b]
    Yes, for the prophesy that will never happen. It's amazing how long this religious panzi scheme has duped people.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 18:31
    The Holy Bible says a thousand years is like a day with God. So according to that reckoning, it only seems like 2 days to God and yes, that would be soon. There is pretty good indication that God plans to take action in the third day. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    So, a thousand years is like 2 days with your god. Ok, that then makes the age of the earth only 3500 years. We know there are pyramids older than that so your 500 years is one god day has to be off. Maybe by a factor of a billion or so.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 18:32
    You know, the really really sad part is these christians really feel like if the world ends they will be rescued. Like the big asteroid is heading to Earth, we can't stop or divert it, they will be raising their voices to their lord thinking their god will make the boo boo go away and all will be well again.
    We Christians are not sad to believe Christ will save us in the end. Why should you be sad?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree