1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '12 18:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So, a thousand years is like 2 days with your god. Ok, that then makes the age of the earth only 3500 years. We know there are pyramids older than that so your 500 years is one god day has to be off. Maybe by a factor of a billion or so.
    No, that is not right. God's concept of time for Himself does not effect how we tell time for God has provided a standard mechanism for us to tell time. Here is the saying in context.

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
    (2 Peter 3:1-13 NKJV)

The idea is that what seems to be a long time to us may be a short time to God and what seems a short time to us may be a long time to God. It depends on what is taking place. Thus, sometimes we see time as moving very slowly and other times it seems time is moving too fast.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '12 20:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, that is not right. God's concept of time for Himself does not effect how we tell time for God has provided a standard mechanism for us to tell time. Here is the saying in context.

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken be ...[text shortened]... metimes we see time as moving very slowly and other times it seems time is moving too fast.
    [/b]
    Ah yes, the old moving the goalpost trick. Sorry, won't work. More rationalizations.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:292 edits
    In the prophecies here, one has been fulfilled and the other is to be fulfilled in the future. There are two different generations of the Jewish people spoken of by Christ. One during the lifetime of Jesus and his disciples and another one at the time of the end.
    completely wrong. i did say you would believe some soothing apology that will lie to you.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all [not some] these things be fulfilled.

your prophet failed. utterly and completely. nothing was fulfilled and you lay your hopes on empty promises and a false prophet.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:30
    Yes, for the prophesy that will never happen. It's amazing how long this religious panzi scheme has duped people.
    it will dupe people as long as there are dopes to be duped.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 01:29
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    completely wrong. i did say you would believe some soothing apology that will lie to you.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, [b]till all [not some] these things be fulfilled.

your prophet failed. utterly and completely. nothing was fulfilled and you lay your hopes on empty promises and a false prophet.[/b]
    But that generation is the future generation at the time of the end and has not passed away.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 May '12 01:391 edit
    But that generation is the future generation at the time of the end and has not passed away.
    no, he is not talking about a future generation. he is talking to "this" generation. not "that" generation.

you cannot rationalize this away. everyone in his audience and the disciples knew he was talking about their generation, that is why they prepared for the end during their life times and like you, had to rationalize away the discrepancy when they started dying off and the end didn't arrive.

the end didn't arrive because they were following a false prophet. he didn't fulfill any messianic prophecies and he failed to return as promised.

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    no, he is not talking about a future generation. he is talking to "this" generation. not "that" generation.

you cannot rationalize this away. everyone in his audience and the disciples knew he was talking about their generation, that is why they prepared for the end during their life times and like you, had to rationalize away the discrepancy when t here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
    I am not talking about that generation in Matthew 16, because that prophecy has been fulfilled, if you will look at my reply. I was referring to the generation mentioned in Matthew 24.

"Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."
    (Matthew 24:34-35 NKJV)

See the last paragraph of that same reply.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '12 04:57
    I am not talking about that generation in Matthew 16, because that prophecy has been fulfilled, if you will look at my reply. I was referring to the generation mentioned in Matthew 24.

"Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

He was just covering his bets. Talk is cheap.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 17:05
    He was just covering his bets. Talk is cheap.
    ALthough I am not an expert on Biblical prophecy, it appears to me that you, VoidSpirit, and many others today are fulfilling the following prophecy written by Peter.

knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)

I see you as one of those scoffers.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '12 17:14
    ALthough I am not an expert on Biblical prophecy, it appears to me that you, VoidSpirit, and many others today are fulfilling the following prophecy written by Peter.

knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all ...[text shortened]... e beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)

I see you as one of those [b]scoffers
    .[/b]
    if they were walking according to there own lusts im pretty sure they wouldnt be on a sprituality forum, im sure they would find something more fun to be doing, wink,wink,nudge,nudge, say no more.

you have to admit though, if you were writting a book for uneducated peasants to follow blindly you make sure you stuck in some bits about people who question the book are bad. it makes sense to me. id also say that if you dont follow the book and bow down to my rule as your king who has been appointed by god you will burn in hell, that usually gets the stupid uneducated plebs of history to play ball.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 May '12 17:47

i did and stated that it is incorrect. christ is not referring to some future generation. he is referring to the generation of his audience. he is referring to "this" generation, not some "that" generation in the future.

your assessment of the of matthew 16 is also incorrect. those prophecies were not fulfilled and christ did not come into his kindgom with his angels and he did not reward all men according to their works.

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
    Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

did not happen.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

did not happen.

your "saviour" failed to save anyone. he's a false prophet, a false messiah like all the other false messiah's that came before him and those that came after him.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if they were walking according to there own lusts im pretty sure they wouldnt be on a sprituality forum, im sure they would find something more fun to be doing, wink,wink,nudge,nudge, say no more.

you have to admit though, if you were writting a book for uneducated peasants to follow blindly you make sure you stuck in some bits about people who quest ...[text shortened]... od you will burn in hell, that usually gets the stupid uneducated plebs of history to play ball.
    The word "lust" has had many meanings in the past and even today, not just wink,wink,nudge,nudge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust

These people today have a lust in the way of a desire to prove God does not exist and to live there lives in such a manner. And even, though they may not use the exact same words of Peter, the idea they present is the same.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree