You might think I have to do something

You might think I have to do something

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Feb 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
This has certainly been a lesson for me today, for I have actually found probably the most dishonest person in this forum.......
I have no doubt that you are sincere when you say that you believe me to be the "most dishonest person in this forum". But the truly dishonest thing for me to do would be to pretend that I share your belief system. I would be lying if I told you that I recognized or submitted to "Vedic authority" or "Vedic teachings". Indeed, I find it a little curious that you don't respect my honesty in these matters.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
09 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
I have no doubt that you are sincere when you say that you believe me to be the "most dishonest person in this forum". But the truly dishonest thing for me to do would be to pretend that I share your belief system. I would be lying if I told you that I recognized or submitted to "Vedic authority" or "Vedic teachings". Indeed, I find it a little curious that you don't respect my honesty in these matters.
Visha accepts no honesty in a belief that doesn't agree with him.

I find it interesting that he never replies to the 'PHILOSOPHY' of Buddhism, as opposed to the religious belief that there MUST be a God, before proven.

God is a concept of man, that is here and now, and we administer to - that being a word God within ourselves. being a belief in goodness of ourself.

If we can deal with the real deal of giving, thinking, loving and being 'Honest', Visha, that is the God now in our daily life. A word, God, simply, that represents human intent. Atheist, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Hindu, Muslim etc etc. The word God is purely an intent.

God isn't a non-humane invention. It is a word that simplifies all of us trying to good now, in our life now.

If you don't believe that, then please explain why.

-m.

F

Moves
09 Feb 11

Originally posted by mikelom
God isn't a non-humane invention. It is a word that simplifies all of us trying to good now, in our life now. If you don't believe that, then please explain why.
I am not quite sure why this question is directed at me, mikelom.

As for my spiritual outlook, and my refusal to subscribe to the simplifying pre-prepared packages that religionists peddle in their endeavour to preempt and stifle spiritual enquiry and create conformity and obedience, it was covered in a thread a couple of months ago called "I am a theist" when I was posting under the screen name "John W. Booth".

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
10 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
I am not quite sure why this question is directed at me, mikelom.

As for my spiritual outlook, and my refusal to subscribe to the simplifying pre-prepared packages that religionists peddle in their endeavour to preempt and stifle spiritual enquiry and create conformity and obedience, it was covered in a thread a couple of months ago called "I am a theist" when I was posting under the screen name "John W. Booth".
The final part was directed at Visha, not you. My apologies if you inferred it was.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Feb 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Visha accepts no honesty in a belief that doesn't agree with him.

I find it interesting that he never replies to the 'PHILOSOPHY' of Buddhism, as opposed to the religious belief that there MUST be a God, before proven.

God is a concept of man, that is here and now, and we administer to - that being a word God within ourselves. being a belief in goodnes ...[text shortened]... good now, in our life now.

If you don't believe that, then please explain why.

-m.
Vishva accepts no honesty in a belief that is in error.... that's what you should say, so why do you dishonestly present it falsely.

Your comments are true when they are talking about false religion.

But your comments are false when talking about true religion, because true religion presents that God is first cause,

God being first cause there is no other cause.

Now God being first cause and not just a word, you cannot now reject God because you would have to reject first cause.

I cannot discuss higher spirituality with you unless you understand basics.

If you defend animal slaughter you are not understanding basics.

I also cannot discuss higher spirituality with you, if you do not accept the authority of the Vedanta, because you easily accept your conditioned mind as your authority without question.

I can also not discuss higher spirituality with you if you are dishonest, because to defend animal slaughter would make you such.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
vishvahetu is sincerely wrong in his ways.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
vishvahetu is sincerely wrong in his ways.
He attempts to follow a belief system prescribed in ancient scripture, as do you. Your position seems no more right than his, as far as I can discern.