1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    27 Aug '14 07:331 edit
    What does that mean, do good works?
    Kelly
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    27 Aug '14 08:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does that mean, do good works?
    Kelly
    So which subject do you want to talk about, born again or good works? Your post is ambiguous.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    27 Aug '14 09:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So which subject do you want to talk about, born again or good works? Your post is ambiguous.
    What does one have to do with the other, if anything?
    Kelly
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    27 Aug '14 10:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does one have to do with the other, if anything?
    Kelly
    Exactly nothing. I do good works because good works need to be done, not because I think I will be getting heavenly brownie points.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    27 Aug '14 11:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Exactly nothing. I do good works because good works need to be done, not because I think I will be getting heavenly brownie points.
    Believe it or not I agree with you, if you are doing good works to earn
    eternal brownie points, you have already missed the boat.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Aug '14 11:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Exactly nothing. I do good works because good works need to be done, not because I think I will be getting heavenly brownie points.
    Why would they "need" to be done? If I did not believe in God, what difference would good works do for me? I would live for myself, look out for #1.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Aug '14 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does that mean, do good works?
    Kelly
    I read your thread exchange with Rajk and disagree with you both. There is no such thing as good works done on one's own, and they could not please God.
    After peeling back the layers, you will find that the "good works" of man are always selfish.
    Only God is good.
    After receiving the Lord Jesus, being born again, good works are a byproduct of that salvation. The good works originate in God, in your spirit, which then has influence your mind and heart to perform.
    Good works are being obedient to God, selfless, and motivated by love for God.
    Under no circumstances do good works earn anything, other than feed the ego.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52615
    27 Aug '14 12:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Why would they "need" to be done? If I did not believe in God, what difference would good works do for me? I would live for myself, look out for #1.
    Are you such a cold heartless bastid you would feel if you don't believe in some deity or other and you see a woman being raped, you would go, I am for #1, to hell with that bitch?

    Exactly what does belief or non-belief have to do with lending a helping hand?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    27 Aug '14 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I read your thread exchange with Rajk and disagree with you both. There is no such thing as good works done on one's own, and they could not please God.
    After peeling back the layers, you will find that the "good works" of man are always selfish.
    Only God is good.
    After receiving the Lord Jesus, being born again, good works are a byproduct of that ...[text shortened]... d by love for God.
    Under no circumstances do good works earn anything, other than feed the ego.
    Where did you see me saying good works earned you anything?
    We do them as we should, brownie points are someone's way of attempting
    to get God to owe them.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    27 Aug '14 13:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you such a cold heartless bastid you would feel if you don't believe in some deity or other and you see a woman being raped, you would go, I am for #1, to hell with that bitch?

    Exactly what does belief or non-belief have to do with lending a helping hand?
    sometimes one mans helping hand is another mans interference
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Aug '14 13:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where did you see me saying good works earned you anything?
    We do them as we should, brownie points are someone's way of attempting
    to get God to owe them.
    Kelly
    Where did you see me saying good works earned you anything?

    I had to go back and reread, sorry, my bad...🙂
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Aug '14 13:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you such a cold heartless bastid you would feel if you don't believe in some deity or other and you see a woman being raped, you would go, I am for #1, to hell with that bitch?

    Exactly what does belief or non-belief have to do with lending a helping hand?
    Who decides what is right or wrong? You? Who says it would be heartless? You? Are you now the judge of right and wrong in a godless society?
    What happened to live and let live?
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    27 Aug '14 14:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I read your thread exchange with Rajk and disagree with you both. There is no such thing as good works done on one's own, and they could not please God.
    After peeling back the layers, you will find that the "good works" of man are always selfish.
    Only God is good.
    After receiving the Lord Jesus, being born again, good works are a byproduct of that ...[text shortened]... d by love for God.
    Under no circumstances do good works earn anything, other than feed the ego.
    Nothing you say is in the Bible. If it is please quote the verse.

    Good works only existed after the arrival of Christ? How can that be correct? What about the Good Samaritan. Was Christ mistaken in using him as an example of good works and loving your neighbour? The Samaritans in those days knew nothing of Christ.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    27 Aug '14 16:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nothing you say is in the Bible. If it is please quote the verse.

    Good works only existed after the arrival of Christ? How can that be correct? What about the Good Samaritan. Was Christ mistaken in using him as an example of good works and loving your neighbour? The Samaritans in those days knew nothing of Christ.
    No one is saying good works can only be done in Christ!
    No one is saying good works cannot be done by someone in the flesh!
    You are really not seeing this are you?

    Accepted good works are only those done by those that belong to Christ!
    Accepted good works are only those done by those lead by God's Spirit!

    Rejected is everything anyone does who does not belong to Christ, because
    they are NOT in the Spirit of God, they are in the flesh!

    Leaving aside works for just one question, if you do not mind!?
    What do you think Jesus meant when He said you must be born again?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    27 Aug '14 16:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No one is saying good works can only be done in Christ!
    No one is saying good works cannot be done by someone in the flesh!
    You are really not seeing this are you?

    Accepted good works are only those done by those that belong to Christ!
    Accepted good works are only those done by those lead by God's Spirit!

    Rejected is everything anyone does who does ...[text shortened]... if you do not mind!?
    What do you think Jesus meant when He said you must be born again?
    Kelly
    It is obvious that you cannot read and understand KellyJay. The Matt 7 passage was misinterpreted by you. So was the passage in John which I pointed out to you earlier.

    Where in the Bible says this?

    Rejected is everything anyone does who does not belong to Christ, because
    they are NOT in the Spirit of God, they are in the flesh!


    I dont expect a clear answer. You say things that the Bible does not say clearly and you add in you own assumptions.
Back to Top