1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 22:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.ldolphin.org/eden/

One clue lies in linguistics: the term Eden, or Edin, appears first in Sumer, the Mesopotamian region that produced the world's first written language. This was in the third millennium B.C., more than three thousand years after the rise of the Ubaid culture. In Sumerian the word "Eden" meant simply "fertile pl ...[text shortened]... m" also existed in cuneiform, meaning something like "settlement on the plain."
    Oh, the Sumerians again.

You know, ever since Zecharia Sitchin did his research on some Sumerian tablets and formulated his bizarro theories, I haven't had much confidence in anything the Sumerians managed to carve out on their tablets.

If they really wrote what he says they wrote, then they were a people who were WAY too much into the peyote, if you know what I mean.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Apr '13 00:06
    Zecharia Sitchin was nuts but his insanity is not the fault of cuneiform.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '13 00:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, the Sumerians again.

You know, ever since Zecharia Sitchin did his research on some Sumerian tablets and formulated his bizarro theories, I haven't had much confidence in anything the Sumerians managed to carve out on their tablets.

If they really wrote what he says they wrote, then they were a people who were WAY too much into the peyote, if you know what I mean.
    Since most of what was written then is gone forever, maybe what you hear about was the equivalent of hippies of the day. It could be just what was accidentally left.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree