1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:22
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Adam was a village not a person
    This is an interesting comment out of the mainstream.

Care to elaborate?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 21:32
    i am pretty sure it was the magic stuff you use to grow superpowers in bioshock
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think I figured out why creationists are afraid to use their own brain but rely instead on other people:

They have an extreme deep seated inferiority complex, as a group, because of the extreme brainwashing inherent in religions, especially Christianity, as to make them feel human intelligence cannot be trusted, failing miserably in comparison to their ...[text shortened]... HEMSELVES to say anything about the past for fear of being compared to their alleged god.
    Maybe your problem is relying too much on your own feeble brain. I could help you out if you would let me. You don't have to be afraid of me, I am not planning on hurting you.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:411 edit
    I think I figured out why creationists are afraid to use their own brain but rely instead on other people:

They have an extreme deep seated inferiority complex, as a group, because of the extreme brainwashing inherent in religions, especially Christianity, as to make them feel human intelligence cannot be trusted, failing miserably in comparison to their HEMSELVES to say anything about the past for fear of being compared to their alleged god.
    Yep.... it's like ego has to always be right , and by alligning their views with that of other Christians their ego's think this is the best way of covering as most bases as possible so they can be right.
    Why can't people think for themselves and act and react to life truthfully?
    I would've thought this was natural, and for a spiritual person being truthful and thinking for oneself should be mandatory.
    Again they will (and already have on the other thread), accuse you of attacking their religion where I see you as consistently presenting facts with constructive criticisms.
    How two people can read the same words on a screen and come up with such differing viewpoints is beyond me at times. It happens on this forum all the time.

I still think there is some merit in pursuing creationism as a means to understanding the emergence of humans, but when the theist insists on sticking to this ridiculous 6-10k figure as the starting point for humanity, as well as the Earth, that's when any credibility they may have had goes flying out the window.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:46
    Yep. That's the only way it can possibly make any sense.

I mean where do Chinese people come from? from Adam(the human male)?

What about Africans? Adam?

What about those Pacific islanders?

Eskimos?

Australian aborigines?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe your problem is relying too much on your own feeble brain. I could help you out if you would let me. You don't have to be afraid of me, I am not planning on hurting you.
    You are awesome. God thinks so. So is Sonhouse, he's awesome too, so is his brain.

God thinks that we are all awesome or potentially awesome. God wants us to use the brains He gave us. He wants us to be happy by discovering and then understanding the universe that He put us into.

Your constant misunderstanding of posters and their psychological make-ups is appalling. And it is because of this and not because Sonhouse thinks you are going to hurt him that I reckon he will reject your offer of help.

And from where I'm sitting I find it quite rude and inaccurate to describe Sonhouse' brain as "feeble". His contributions to the forums on this site are one of the highlights for me as he is consistently thoughtful, logical and easy to follow.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 02:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is an interesting comment out of the mainstream.

Care to elaborate?
    http://www.ldolphin.org/eden/

One clue lies in linguistics: the term Eden, or Edin, appears first in Sumer, the Mesopotamian region that produced the world's first written language. This was in the third millennium B.C., more than three thousand years after the rise of the Ubaid culture. In Sumerian the word "Eden" meant simply "fertile plain." The word "Adam" also existed in cuneiform, meaning something like "settlement on the plain."
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 02:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yep. That's the only way it can possibly make any sense.

I mean where do Chinese people come from? from Adam(the human male)?

What about Africans? Adam?

What about those Pacific islanders?

Eskimos?

Australian aborigines?
    All those cultures already existed. The heirs of Adam are all the civilizations that grew out of the Middle East. Chinese and Peruvian civilization did not come from Adam and Adam is the cultural ancestor not biological ancestor.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 02:47
    You are awesome. God thinks so. So is Sonhouse, he's awesome too, so is his brain.

God thinks that we are all awesome or potentially awesome. God wants us to use the brains He gave us. He wants us to be happy by discovering and then understanding the universe that He put us into.

Your constant misunderstanding of posters and their psychological ...[text shortened]... one of the highlights for me as he is consistently thoughtful, logical and easy to follow.
    But wrong. 😏
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 12:28

Your constant misunderstanding of posters and their psychological ...[text shortened]... one of the highlights for me as he is consistently thoughtful, logical and easy to follow.
    *Basking in the glow* 🙂 BTW RJ here is another notch off your creationist stance. We are getting closer to understanding the origin of life on Earth:

http://phys.org/news/2013-04-power-primordial-soup.html
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 20:25
    *Basking in the glow* 🙂 BTW RJ here is another notch off your creationist stance. We are getting closer to understanding the origin of life on Earth:

It states, "The mystery of how living organisms sprung out of lifeless rock has long puzzled scientists." That is because living organisms have not sprung out of lifeless rock. They must not have ever heard of the law of biogenesis, attributed to Louis Pasteur, which is the observation that living things come only from other living things, by reproduction (e.g. a spider lays eggs, which develop into spiders). That is, life does not arise from non-living material, which was the position held by spontaneous generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogenesis
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 20:31

I tried to put that post into RJ terms. I tried ...
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 20:32
    But wrong. 😏
    C'mon , I made an effort and you are so lazy as to not even tell me as to how or what I'm wrong about.
    How can we talk like this?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 21:09
    C'mon , I made an effort and you are so lazy as to not even tell me as to how or what I'm wrong about.
    How can we talk like this?
    I am saying that regardless of whatever you think is so wonderful about Sunhouse that he is also WRONG about God, the age of the Earth, and the theory of Evil-lution. 😏
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 21:53
    I am saying that regardless of whatever you think is so wonderful about Sunhouse that he is also WRONG about God, the age of the Earth, and the theory of Evil-lution. 😏
    I understand this.
    Nevertheless, I find "god" in people alive here and now. No matter how dormant the god-seed lies, everyone has the potential to become totally awesome.
    No matter how crappy the world seems, or how ridiculously baffling it is to try to converse with you on 'middle ground', I will keep trying to talk to you and keep making the world better.
    No matter what the odds, I will not relinquish my ideas about life,etc. to anyone except those that respect my views, no matter how conflicted they might be with them.

If you want to truly spread the word , and let others know of Christ,etc. , you'd be wise to try to listen to others and consider their views. Evrytime you try to tell others of how right you are and wrong they are without bothering to even consider their views , you will fail miserably in trying to get your message across.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree