1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:023 edits
    Just looked it up and 5,700 to 10,000 years came up.

Now I guess the argument is that god created it, exactly as said in the bible, could be true. But i do have a problem with that shorter time. The cynic might say it is not enough to make a pebble, or 5mm of the grand canyon. I do think these creationist struggle with concepts of time.

But if it is true, to my maths that is just 200 - 300 generations (30 years a generation). What I wonder - even if you take the bible as complete truth, is it possible to get from adam to moses to Jesus in that time - 300 generations?

any ideas?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:16
    Originally posted by e4chris

Now I guess the argument is that god created it, exactly as said in the bible, could be true. But i do have a problem with that shorter time. The cynic might say it is not enough to make a pebble, or 5mm of the grand canyon. I do think these creationist struggle with concepts of time.

But if it is t ...[text shortened]... is it possible to get from adam to moses to Jesus in that time - 300 generations?

any ideas?
    The bible give you the generations of both sides.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The bible give you the generations of both sides.
    can it link adam to moses?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 05:351 edit

But if it is t ...[text shortened]... is it possible to get from adam to moses to Jesus in that time - 300 generations?

any ideas?
    I thought that was the main reason for Creationism, ie. to justify the names and lineages from the bible.
    After all, the bible really does go on about every Tom,Dick and Harry from certain bloodlines?

I would have thought it would be more interesting to trace Jesus' bloodline.
    To think that no one has really put their hand up to say "Hey , I got JC's blood in me, I'm special" , is quite weird. I guess the lineages got lost in the dark ages.
    Or did JC not have kids?
    Anyone?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 05:41
    You reckon there are Christians out there who have named their kids Adam and Eve? Surely there are. You reckon sometimes the parents blame everything on Eve? 🙂

Sorry to but in on your thread. I just had to unload these ideas without starting a thread..
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 09:372 edits
    It has the generation names of those that lived with Moses.

Google Adam to Moses and a good one come up with a yellow background.

13 generations is the lucky number.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 09:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I thought that was the main reason for Creationism, ie. to justify the names and lineages from the bible.
    After all, the bible really does go on about every Tom,Dick and Harry from certain bloodlines?

I would have thought it would be more interesting to trace Jesus' bloodline.
    To think that no one has really put their hand up to say "Hey , I got ...[text shortened]... weird. I guess the lineages got lost in the dark ages.
    Or did JC not have kids?
    Anyone?
    That would make them be the real Pope 🙄
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 10:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That would make them be the real Pope 🙄
    Why? Is being pope hereditary?
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 11:301 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why? Is being pope hereditary?
    No, but the Catholic clams that he is Christ incarnet how ever you spell it.

I was really just saying it to say it, not get a why out of it.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 11:311 edit
  11. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 18:49
    if the bible of offering up a bloodline from adam to moses etc that would be quite impressive. I don't think it is? There are a few family trees in the OT where you have Paul son of Micheal, son of david son of.... etc i doubt in 200 generations they make it back to adam.

my knowledge of the OT is not great, in progress, forgive me if this is dumb!
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 11:06
    if the bible of offering up a bloodline from adam to moses etc that would be quite impressive. I don't think it is? There are a few family trees in the OT where you have Paul son of Micheal, son of david son of.... etc i doubt in 200 generations they make it back to adam.

my knowledge of the OT is not great, in progress, forgive me if this is dumb!
    it isn't all in one place. you have in genesis the lineage from adam to noah. i think you have one from noah to abe then isaac and jacob. then you have lots of lines for each of jacob's 12 sons (i think josef is split into manase and efraim i think). judas' line leads to david. prior to jesus's birth you have the line of david that leads to mary.

so basically, they try to identify who lived at roughly the same time as an event in history we have a date for, then go back through that person's genealogy and aproximate when adam was born. that they believe to be the beginning of the earth. the funny thing is they use historical evidence from egypt, babylon, the persian empire, the phoenicions, etc, to mark their young earthy timeline, but ignore facts like the egyptian civilization surviving unchanged through the global flood that destroyed humanity.

oh well. no point getting worked up by kent hovind and other frauds.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 12:171 edit
    Astounding Evidence for a Young Earth

YouTube

Evidence for a Young Earth

http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/evidence_for_a_young_earth.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=tX9eDTNfQHY
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Astounding Evidence for a Young Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n042X-Fuihg

Evidence for a Young Earth

http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/evidence_for_a_young_earth.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=tX9eDTNfQHY
    I think I figured out why creationists are afraid to use their own brain but rely instead on other people:

They have an extreme deep seated inferiority complex, as a group, because of the extreme brainwashing inherent in religions, especially Christianity, as to make them feel human intelligence cannot be trusted, failing miserably in comparison to their alleged god.

So not trusting their OWN brains they defer to those other humans who have made up these fairy tales about the genealogy time line of the alleged Adam to modern day times.

They can't trust their own brains and therefore they can't trust scientists who refute the fairy tales of Christianity. Funny how they can trust others to make pronunciations of such timelines.

They will say such stupid statements as 'if you don't know how the universe began you can't tell ANYTHING about the past', because they can't trust THEMSELVES to say anything about the past for fear of being compared to their alleged god.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 18:30
    Adam was a village not a person

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree