1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 May '12 19:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not stuck to the view that the earth is a little over 6,000 years old. It could be 20,000 and I could fit it in with my view. However, I can't deal with an earth that is millions of years old. It would take a lot of convincing.
    I am not stuck to the view that the earth is a little over 6,000 years old. It could be 20,000 and I could fit it in with my view. However, I can't deal with an earth that is millions of years old. It would take a lot of convincing.

I think the age of the universe is interesting but secondary to other more important matters to the church.

The church should know the origin, tactics, motives, and history of her foe. That is why I think a pre-Adamic age is important to the church's understanding to expose Satan.

Much of the YEC teaching that I have seen obscures the history of our enemy. It is not unusual that many YECs will also tend to not take seriously the prophet past utterances of Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 which I definitely think concern the origin of the Daystar and the Anointed Cherub.

It seems that a recent age to the planet is more important to them than the removal of the veil to expose Satan's pre-Adamic origin.

Whether we talk of millions of years or billions of years, I think, is secondary. What is important is that when Adam was created, this enemy of God already had a long previous history.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '12 21:36
    Originally posted by jaywill

I think the age of the universe is interesting but secondary to other more important matters to the church ...[text shortened]... portant is that when Adam was created, this enemy of God already had a long previous history.
    I guess that depends on what "In the beginning" refers to and if you include the creation of the heavens and the earth in the first day of creation. I can not see any justification for thinking those creation days are not the same as our 24-hour day that we know.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 00:39
    You said it reminded you of Dasa's attitude. So I said, "[b]Maybe Dasa is right on this point..." I was thinking of the point of not wanting to stumble the little ones from not believeing in the truth.[/b]
    So you think Dasa has a "point" about "child abuse"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 00:44
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    My thinking is the opposite. Rebuking is easy - anyone can do it. Being wise enough to choose your rebukes carefully is hard. And [b]absolutely consider the source. Do not accept rebuke without considering its validity, or you will be subject to the taunts of every troll that comes along. Some people are just haters and their opinions should have no heft.[/b]
    The some people are haters chestnut is hackneyed old hat served up by numerous prideful religionists on this forum. I am a little surprised to see you wheeling it out.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you think Dasa has a "point" about "child abuse"?
    Children should not be abused in any manner. They must be taught what is right and wrong. If not, that is a form of abuse.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    The some people are haters chestnut is hackneyed old hat served up by numerous prideful religionists on this forum. I am a little surprised to see you wheeling it out.
    Sometimes religious people have valid insights, even the prideful ones.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:19
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sometimes religious people have valid insights, even the prideful ones.
    But haters are just haters? An "insight" the likes of robbie and RJHinds offer us ad nauseam.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:23
    Children should not be abused in any manner. They must be taught what is right and wrong. If not, that is a form of abuse.
    But Dasa's contention is that if you don't do things like raise children as vegetarians, purportedly in accordance with the Vedas, then it is "child abuse". Do you seriously think he has "a point"?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    But haters are just haters? An "insight" the likes of robbie and RJHinds offer us ad nauseam.
    I put you in the category of the haters, who are full of hot air. 😀
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    But Dasa's contention is that if you don't do things like raise children as vegetarians, purportedly in accordance with the Vedas, then it is "child abuse". Do you seriously think he has "a point"?
    I said maybe he had a point. But I am not going to get in to how he raises his children. I am sure he will try to do the best he can as I am sure you will do. We can not all expect to know the perfect way to raise children.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:48
    I put you in the category of the haters, who are full of hot air. 😀
    Who is it you claim I "hate" on this forum? I clearly have different views from some people, and I express disagreement with them. But you claim I am a "hater". How so?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '12 01:51
    I said [b]maybe he had a point. But I am not going to get in to how he raises his children. I am sure he will try to do the best he can as I am sure you will do. We can not all expect to know the perfect way to raise children.[/b]
    What you seem to be suggesting - perhaps inadvertently - is that if parents are not indoctrinating their children with beliefs about purported "truths" - any "truths" [because it doesn't matter what the beliefs actually are... they could be yours, Dasa's, a Muslim's, an atheist's] - then it amounts to "child abuse". This comes across as a muddled stance you are taking.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '12 02:15
    I guess that depends on what "In the beginning" refers to and if you include the creation of the heavens and the earth in the first day of creation. I can not see any justification for thinking those creation days are not the same as our 24-hour day that we know.
    Permean Mass Extinction may be a smoking gun as to why the earth was found waste and void.

To shift into geology mode for a brief interval. What do you think if the mass extinction ?

YouTube&feature=related
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '12 02:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is it you claim I "hate" on this forum? I clearly have different views from some people, and I express disagreement with them. But you claim I am a "hater". How so?
    My intuition tells me that you hate Dasa and me at the very least for writing things you don't agree with and you are unable to win an argument against us. And you are too prideful to let it go.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 May '12 02:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's not what I said. If you're having trouble quoting people accurately, may I suggest using the copy and paste feature?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree