1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 14:33
    For me, this years carol has to be "Oh come let us abhor him".

What is your carol of the year?
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:05
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

Can I ask you an honest question? Why is it that you feel the need to be so blatantly crude? I understand trying to get to the route of Christianity and asking questions to those who believe but you are simply destructive with your comments. Why must you attempt to tear down those who have faith and everything we hold dear?
  3. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:13

God rest ye merry,gentlemen is always a good one.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:16

Joy to the World
  5. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:25
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Joy to the World
    Ahh yes I love that one too.

OR

O'Holy Night
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:27
    Originally posted by torch71
    Ahh yes I love that one too.

OR

O'Holy Night
    And, Silent Night
  7. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:37
    And, Silent Night
    And, I heard the bells on Christmas Day or The First Noel🙂
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:42
    Can I ask you an honest question? Why is it that you feel the need to be so blatantly crude? I understand trying to get to the route of Christianity and asking questions to those who believe but you are simply destructive with your comments. Why must you attempt to tear down those who have faith and everything we hold dear?
    Hey, Christianity is ALWAYS attacking science and scientists. It's got a long tradition of attacking anything which erodes its power base. The primary goal of religion is to keep people powerless and scared, to maintain its own power. Otherwise, why invent the concepts of "sin" or "confession"? Why, indeed, invent the concept of "original sin"? Religion has attempted over the last 2000 years to repress anything which might offer better answers than it can (which is pretty much anything).

Religion started the alienation.

You think I'm poking fun at religion? What I do is nothing compared to what religion does to itself.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 15:43
    Originally posted by torch71
    And, I heard the bells on Christmas Day or The First Noel🙂
    You people have got no sense of humour.
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 16:03
    You people have got no sense of humour.
    Not at the expense of Christ.
  11. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 16:15
    Hey, Christianity is ALWAYS attacking science and scientists. It's got a long tradition of attacking anything which erodes its power base. The primary goal of religion is to keep people powerless and scared, to maintain its own power. Otherwise, why invent the concepts of "sin" or "confession"? Why, indeed, invent the concept of "original sin"? Rel ...[text shortened]... poking fun at religion? What I do is nothing compared to what religion does to itself.
    It's funny you should say that. This is the spirituality forum is it not? So for you a non believer of any form of religion, to post on the spirituality forum would be only to attack believers of any religion, would it not? Or are you wanting to convert?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 16:16
    http://free.napster.com/player/?play_id=13722425&type=track

Koppangen
  13. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 17:31
    Hey, Christianity is ALWAYS attacking science and scientists. It's got a long tradition of attacking anything which erodes its power base. The primary goal of religion is to keep people powerless and scared, to maintain its own power. Otherwise, why invent the concepts of "sin" or "confession"? Why, indeed, invent the concept of "original sin"? Rel ...[text shortened]... poking fun at religion? What I do is nothing compared to what religion does to itself.
    You sound like an angry bitter person. You sound like you abhor not only Christianity but Christians as well. This is a battle that'll never be won for you. You will be fighting this battle until you die and you'll feel as if no real Christian truely listened to you. This is sad. You are so lost. I sincerely feel sorry for you.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas (that is if you celebrate Christmas)
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 18:18
    Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

Hark the herald angels sing
    "Glory to the newborn King!
    Peace on earth and mercy mild
    God and sinners reconciled"
    Joyful, all ye nations rise
    Join the triumph of the skies
    With the angelic host proclaim:
    "Christ is born in Bethlehem"
    Hark! The herald angels sing
    "Glory to the newborn King!"

Christ by highest heav'n adored
    Christ the everlasting Lord!
    Late in time behold Him come
    Offspring of a Virgin's womb
    Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
    Hail the incarnate Deity
    Pleased as man with man to dwell
    Jesus, our Emmanuel

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
    Hail the Son of Righteousness!
    Light and life to all He brings
    Ris'n with healing in His wings
    Mild He lays His glory by
    Born that man no more may die
    Born to raise the sons of earth
    Born to give them second birth
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 18:433 edits
    Hey, Christianity is ALWAYS attacking science and scientists. It's got a long tradition of attacking anything which erodes its power base. The primary goal of religion is to keep people powerless and scared, to maintain its own power. Otherwise, why invent the concepts of "sin" or "confession"? Why, indeed, invent the concept of "original sin"? Rel poking fun at religion? What I do is nothing compared to what religion does to itself.
    There is some truth in what you say. However, it is not the full truth. I think you will find that anyone who has a power base and feels threatened by another power base they will attack it with reckless abanadon because it is only human nature. Just ask Jesus Christ. I think you will find similar examples within the confines of science. For example, scientists within the industries of the cigerette industry knew well in advance of the diliterious effects of smoking on the population that it sells its products to but hid it from the public. However, when it was later discovered in the general public that smoking harms people and the industry was later attacked for selling a product that kills people those same scientists made the astute observation that one cannot "prove" that smoking is harmful, rather, one can only show correlations of the harm that can insue.

There is also the issue of preconcieved notions of what the truth is. For example, those that read Genesis might conclude that creation was made in six literal days and believe this for some time. Then someone comes along with other ideas that challenge their preconcieved ideas. Of coarse, we are all guilty of this in some form or another. We all have an idea of what the "truth" is and we are all wrong in some form or another. For example, in the world of science there was a new discovery that bacteria can cause ulcers in ones stomach. It flew in the preconceived notion, at the time, that bacteria could not live in such a hostile environment. He was then laughed to scorn. However, after using the scientific process he was able to drive home this truth even though they had to swallow their pride and admitt they are not as knowledgable as they perceived themselves to be.

You know there is a wise saying. "For every peice of knowledge or understanding about a phenomenon there are two or more peices associated with this knowledge that one realizes they do not understand". It is a humbling place to be which leaves very little room for ones pride to flourish. It may be uncomfortable to live there but I think it may be the best place to be when looking for truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree