1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 20:36
    “The Holly and the Ivy,” with its pagan roots. (Bad pun intended.)
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 23:45
    Originally posted by torch71
    It's funny you should say that. This is the spirituality forum is it not? So for you a non believer of any form of religion, to post on the spirituality forum would be only to attack believers of any religion, would it not? Or are you wanting to convert?
    Spirituality. Bang on. Not a "religion" forum. Spirituality is something completely different, and something which I know exists.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by chappy1
    You sound like an angry bitter person. You sound like you abhor not only Christianity but Christians as well. This is a battle that'll never be won for you. You will be fighting this battle until you die and you'll feel as if no real Christian truely listened to you. This is sad. You are so lost. I sincerely feel sorry for you.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas (that is if you celebrate Christmas)
    Actually, I have many Christian friends (one, sorry two, of my best friends are ordained), and am not bitter. I vehemently disagree with them, but I respect their right to choose. The religious right (i.e. most mainstream religions) respects no-ones right to choose. I am dead set against that. You'd better believe it.

Maybe I will go to my grave having fought a fight against religious indoctrination, a fight for rationalism, and have achieved little. However, that doesn't make mine, and many others, efforts any less valid, or valuable. All it shows is that the opposition has had 1600 years head start on us. But they are getting weaker.

You are so lost. I sincerely feel sorry for you.

And you are deluded, and choose not to see the delusion for what it's worth. You sit, like a lunatic in the desert, playing in the water at the oasis, yet it's clear for all, you have sand in your hair.

I feel sorry for you.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas (that is if you celebrate Christmas)

You too. However, I shall be working that day.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 23:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is some truth in what you say. However, it is not the full truth. I think you will find that anyone who has a power base and feels threatened by another power base they will attack it with reckless abanadon because it is only human nature. Just ask Jesus Christ. I think you will find similar examples within the confines of science. For example, sci ...[text shortened]... mfortable to live there but I think it may be the best place to be when looking for truth.
    Wise words.

However, I doubt the scientist in question was laughed to scorn. I've received my share of bad reviews in the past, but that would be very uncharacteristic.

But that's the beauty of science. The guy was not initially believed, because his findings flew in the face of everything that was known. Science has inertia. It's a strength, it means that we test new ideas more rigourously than ones we have shown in the past. However, once he had shown beyond reasonable doubt that his assertion was true, he was believed.
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 00:41
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Actually, I have many Christian friends (one, sorry two, of my best friends are ordained), and am not bitter. I vehemently disagree with them, but I respect their right to choose. The religious right (i.e. most mainstream religions) respects no-ones right to choose. I am dead set against that. You'd better believe it.

Maybe I will go to my grave ...[text shortened]... (that is if you celebrate Christmas)

You too. However, I shall be working that day.[/b]
    Right to choose? So you're in favor of state sponsored murder? Nice. By the way I have an dedicated atheist friend. Good guy, but also lost. By the by, it's not a mirage, it's real water.😏
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 00:42

Maybe I will go to my grave ...[text shortened]... (that is if you celebrate Christmas)

Oh it might seem like it's getting weaker but nothing will prevail against Jesus Christ in the end. Wait and see.
  7. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 01:10

Seriously, what does the atheist have to look forward to? Death. What do you think happens to the spirit after death, nothing?
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 01:15
    Seriously, what does the atheist have to look forward to? Death. What do you think happens to the spirit after death, nothing?
    Since when does "what you want" have anything to do with the nature of reality?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 01:18
    Right to choose? So you're in favor of state sponsored murder? Nice. By the way I have an dedicated atheist friend. Good guy, but also lost. By the by, it's not a mirage, it's real water.😏
    wtf? What are you talking about? I'm guessing you're talking about abortion. Well, get your mind out the gutter, my friend. I'm talking about the agenda of most religious organisations to instigate a fully fledged theocracy, if possible.

By the by, it's not a mirage, it's real water.

What do you suppose my hypothetical lunatic would say?
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 05:24
    Since when does "what you want" have anything to do with the nature of reality?
    Can't answer the question can you?
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 05:25
    wtf? What are you talking about? I'm guessing you're talking about abortion. Well, get your mind out the gutter, my friend. I'm talking about the agenda of most religious organisations to instigate a fully fledged theocracy, if possible.

[b]By the by, it's not a mirage, it's real water.

What do you suppose my hypothetical lunatic would say?[/b]
    LOL, you're hilarious
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 05:26
    Can't answer the question can you?
    What question?
  13. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 06:03
    Can I ask you an honest question? Why is it that you feel the need to be so blatantly crude? I understand trying to get to the route of Christianity and asking questions to those who believe but you are simply destructive with your comments. Why must you attempt to tear down those who have faith and everything we hold dear?
    Well said.

I think the answer is that those who worship Atheo are as fundmamental in their beliefs and desire to prosyletize as the most ardent christian, muslim, or mormon.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 06:09
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Well said.

I think the answer is that those who worship Atheo are as fundmamental in their beliefs and desire to prosyletize as the most ardent christian, muslim, or mormon.
    There is no Atheo, no God nothing.

If you want to assert there is, offer proof or shut up.
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 06:10
    There is no Atheo, no God nothing.

If you want to assert there is, offer proof or shut up.
    Many "believe" in Atheo, that is enough for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree