Your Purpose in Life

Your Purpose in Life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well I am referring to prepackaged off the shelf retail religions when I talk of 'masts' so, given the fact that I don't subscribe or adhere to one, why would I be seeking to nail my underpants to a mast?
Everyone has beliefs. You demand justification for everyone else's beliefs but I have hardly ever see you justify your own.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
Two different revelations in two different cultural contexts?
Not from the same God. And they can't both exist at the same time.

F

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Not from the same God. And they can't both exist at the same time.
So what you're saying is it absolutely HAS to be Christianity that's "universally true"?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
So what you're saying is it absolutely HAS to be Christianity that's "universally true"?
No I am saying all religions are exclusive by nature. They can't all be true. If any of them is true it can only be one.

F

Moves
21 Sep 16

Everyone has beliefs. You demand justification for everyone else's beliefs but I have hardly ever see you justify your own.
I have been absolutely open, honest and forthright about my beliefs and about how I have arrived at them. Indeed, when I think you're taking the piss and being deliberately oafish, I can and do sometimes rather regret my candour because what I have revealed about myself, along with my willingness to converse with you about it, was entered into with a spirit of default-setting respect ~ something that you in ripcord/oaf/take the piss mode feels a bit incompatible with.

F

Moves
21 Sep 16
1 edit

No I am saying all religions are exclusive by nature. They can't all be true. If any of them is true it can only be one.
And... hey presto! There are exactly the three "facts" that you needed, asserted and no doubt "absolutely true" - in your mind, at least - for you me and everybody. My proposed scenario never stood a chance with you having "facts" like these at your disposal. 🙁

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I have been absolutely open, honest and forthright about my beliefs and about how I have arrived at them. Indeed, when I think you're taking the piss and being deliberately oafish, I can and do sometimes rather regret my candour because what I have revealed about myself, along with my willingness to converse with you about it, was entered into with a spirit of d ...[text shortened]... ng respect ~ something that you in ripcord/oaf/take the piss mode feels a bit incompatible with.
You said you don't believe in Christianity any more. So what replaced your Christian beliefs? Do you now believe all religions are true? Are none of them true? If Christianity was previously 'truth' to you, what do you now regards as 'truth'? Nothing? Do you even believe anything is true?

F

Moves
21 Sep 16

You said you don't believe in Christianity any more. So what replaced your Christian beliefs? Do you now believe all religions are true? Are none of them true? If Christianity was previously 'truth' to you, what do you now regards as 'truth'? Nothing?
Blimey. It's as if you haven't read a single one of my posts over the last few months. You want me to type loads of stuff for you restating things I have been telling you in hundreds and hundreds of posts addressed to you? You are definitely taking the piss.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
21 Sep 16

Obviously my worldview is based on God being the uncaused first cause of the universe. So everything that exists does so because of God having caused it.
Fine, but that does not answer the question. What you have stated is that God's existence entails that there be moral laws. If God does exist then that is plausible. But it does not work the other way round. If there are universal moral laws why does it necessarily follow that there must be a God?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Blimey. It's as if you haven't read a single one of my posts over the last few months. You want me to type loads of stuff for you restating things I have been telling you in hundreds and hundreds of posts addressed to you? You are definitely taking the piss.
That is your standard answer to dodge a question you don't want to answer. (Or can't answer)

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
Fine, but that does not answer the question. What you have stated is that God's existence entails that there be moral laws. If God does exist then that is plausible. But it does not work the other way round. If there are universal moral laws why does it necessarily follow that there must be a God?
I see no better explanation than God. Do you have a better explanation?

F

Moves
21 Sep 16

That is your standard answer to dodge a question you don't want to answer.
You are taking the piss.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
You are taking the piss.
And that's another.

F

Moves
21 Sep 16

And that's another.
So what replaced your Christian beliefs?

Do you now believe all religions are true?

Are none of them true?

If Christianity was previously 'truth' to you, what do you now regards as 'truth'?

Nothing?

All answered point blank, unequivocally, honestly, several weeks back, when asked to explain by you, in a long post addressed to you. And all revisited and elaborated upon hundreds of times since. You are taking the piss.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
21 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]So what replaced your Christian beliefs?

Do you now believe all religions are true?

Are none of them true?

If Christianity was previously 'truth' to you, what do you now regards as 'truth'?

Nothing?

All answered point blank, unequivocally, honestly, several weeks back, when asked to explain by you, in a long post addressed to you. And all revisited and elaborated upon hundreds of times since. You are taking the piss.[/b]
Sorry but you have never justified any of your beliefs to me. The last time I asked you something similar to this you told me to go back and look for the answer in the 10s of thousands of posts in your posting history. That is how 'absolutely open, honest and forthright' your have been about everything.