1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 May '08 22:40
    If it is a very large fish we should cook the head also. There is some tasty meat there as well.
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    31 May '08 02:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If it is a very large fish we should cook the head also. There is some tasty meat there as well.
    What does this mean?
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 May '08 03:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does anyone know how this whole rapture business works? I notice from the first post that people still have the option to 'believe'. Will it be clear to everyone that the rapture has in fact taken place or will a whole lot of (or a tiny few) people simply disappear without explanation? If we all knew why the had been taken then surely we would believe? Of ...[text shortened]... od loves us and we can be 'saved' by simply believing in him then why is he hiding so hard?
    It will be very noticable, all who believe will disappear. Christianity is the largest religion, so the absense of all those people, will be noticed. Chaos is sure to follow. As far as believeing in God. You must believe that Jesus, was born, died, and rose again. Making him a living God. He has conquered death. Now for God, He's not hiding, Bible's are easy to find, God operates in faith. If you think about it, God has giving us His only Son. What more does He need to do. In addition after the repture, it's to late. God's spirit has left left the earth. He will turn a def ear to all who cry out to Him. Not out of cruelty, they just didn't except Him. God gave a gift, Jesus, and no one can come to the Father except by the Son. So if people don't except Jesus they can't get to God.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    31 May '08 03:25
    Originally posted by realeyez
    It will be very noticable, all who believe will disappear. Christianity is the largest religion, so the absense of all those people, will be noticed. Chaos is sure to follow. As far as believeing in God. You must believe that Jesus, was born, died, and rose again. Making him a living God. He has conquered death. Now for God, He's not hiding, Bible's are eas ...[text shortened]... e to the Father except by the Son. So if people don't except Jesus they can't get to God.
    But I have completely excepted Jesus. So much so, I don't accept him at all!!

Jeez, go learn to spell!

Why does your omnibenevolent, super-duper-God deign to leave anyone behind? That doesn't sound very compassionate to me.

Why is the bible so difficult to read and understand? Why is it subject to mistranslations, contradictions and errors? A truly omnipotent God could write a bible which speaks to everyone, lucid and clear, convincing and compelling. He could magic into being a book which doesn't require interpretation, but instead speaks to every person who reads it, individually, in language that they can understand and follow.

Instead your God seems to make it the sole pursuit of a minority of people. Most Christians haven't actually ever read the bible cover to cover. When my former boss was doing his bible training to become a minister, when he asked a perfectly valid, logical question, his mentors made stuff up in order to try and rationalise contradictions between the real world and the bible!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 08:09
    Originally posted by realeyez
    He has conquered death.
    I have heard that before but no-one can explain it to me. Can you do better? Do you actually know what you are saying or are you just repeating the feel good things your pastor says?
    Who exactly is this death fellow anyway?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 03:08
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    What does this mean?
    Ignore it. It was a mistake post on the wrong forum.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 03:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    well as a society we should protect the ones unable to protect themselves. that include idiots. as much as we would like to let natural selection remove those retards from the gene pool, we might need them later on. And frankly there will always be a smarter person trying to con a less smart one so stopping the former might be beneficial for society.
    Why should stupid people have their money protected when there are hard working, smart people who need to make money? Let the idiots lose all their money.

Who knows? Maybe they're right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree