1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 May '08 02:47
    http://www.youvebeenleftbehind.com/

****From the website****

We all have family and friends who have failed to receive the Good News of the Gospel.
    The unsaved will be 'left behind' on earth to go through the "tribulation period" after the "Rapture". You remember how, for a short time, after (9/11/01) people were open to spiritual things and answers. (We are still singing "God Bless America" at baseballs' seventh inning stretch.) Imagine how taken back they will be by the millions of missing Christians and devastation at the rapture. They will know it was true and that they have blown it. There will be a small window of time where they might be reached for the Kingdom of God. We have made it possible for you to send them a letter of love and a plea to receive Christ one last time. You will also be able to give them some help in living out their remaining time. In the encrypted portion of your account you can give them access to your banking, brokerage, hidden valuables, and powers of attorneys' (you won't be needing them any more, and the gift will drive home the message of love). There won't be any bodies, so probate court will take 7 years to clear your assets to your next of Kin. 7 years of course is all the time that will be left. So, basically the Government of the AntiChrist gets your stuff, unless you make it available in another way. You can also send information based on scripture as to what will happen next. Each fulfilled prophecy will cause your letter and plea to be remembered and a decision to be made.

"WHY" is one last chance to bring them to Christ and snatch them from the flames!

What a con! $40 a year until you die, and they have full access to your personal information, including all your financial information.

Anyone think this is a good idea? Anyone want to gamble with this type of potentially duplicious scheme?
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 03:31
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    http://www.youvebeenleftbehind.com/

****From the website****

We all have family and friends who have failed to receive the Good News of the Gospel.
    The unsaved will be 'left behind' on earth to go through the "tribulation period" after the "Rapture". You remember how, for a short time, after (9/11/01) people were open to spiritual things and answ ...[text shortened]... good idea? Anyone want to gamble with this type of potentially duplicious scheme?
    Hilarious!

We have set up a system to send documents by the email, to the addresses you provide, 6 days after the "Rapture" of the Church. This occurs when 3 of our 5 team members scattered around the U.S fail to log in over a 3 day period. Another 3 days are given to fail safe any false triggering of the system.

So if 3/5 people are sick for 6 days and can't log in then the system assumes the rapture happened and people get hilarious emails about how they've been left behind.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 May '08 06:46
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    So if 3/5 people are sick for 6 days and can't log in then the system assumes the rapture happened and people get hilarious emails about how they've been left behind.
    Not to mention power of attorney and free bank accounts! I'm getting all my creationist friends to sign up with me as the benefactor. I will even promise to convert after the rapture on receipt of the email! Of course if it turns out not to be a real rapture I'll just keep the money.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 May '08 06:48
    Does anyone know how this whole rapture business works? I notice from the first post that people still have the option to 'believe'. Will it be clear to everyone that the rapture has in fact taken place or will a whole lot of (or a tiny few) people simply disappear without explanation? If we all knew why the had been taken then surely we would believe? Of course this leads me back to the old question of 'if God loves us and we can be 'saved' by simply believing in him then why is he hiding so hard?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 11:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does anyone know how this whole rapture business works? I notice from the first post that people still have the option to 'believe'. Will it be clear to everyone that the rapture has in fact taken place or will a whole lot of (or a tiny few) people simply disappear without explanation? If we all knew why the had been taken then surely we would believe? Of ...[text shortened]... od loves us and we can be 'saved' by simply believing in him then why is he hiding so hard?
    its another example of religious zealots believing absolutely anything you say as long as you claim Jesus told you so. Even if we take John's apocalypse to be true, there would be a whole marathon of carnage and destruction before the actual rapture happens. definetely not waking up one morning and half the population of the earth mysteriously disappeared.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 11:37
    I am unsure what legal action can be taken against these monsters that take advantage of idiots. i mean they are advertising a system and they don't force anyone to take part of it. and unless they break what they promise(they will break it eventually of course and flee for the tropical islands they will buy with the money) i don't think they can be thrown in jail
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 May '08 11:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    I am unsure what legal action can be taken against these monsters that take advantage of idiots. i mean they are advertising a system and they don't force anyone to take part of it. and unless they break what they promise(they will break it eventually of course and flee for the tropical islands they will buy with the money) i don't think they can be thrown in jail
    Why would we want to take legal action? Let the fools give their money away.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 13:23
    Why would we want to take legal action? Let the fools give their money away.
    well as a society we should protect the ones unable to protect themselves. that include idiots. as much as we would like to let natural selection remove those retards from the gene pool, we might need them later on. And frankly there will always be a smarter person trying to con a less smart one so stopping the former might be beneficial for society.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 May '08 16:02
    I'm not a dispensationalist, but the ones I know do NOT believe there will be a "window of opportunity" after the rapture for the unsaved of age to be saved. There's a verse (somewhere, Thessolonians maybe?) that says the unsaved will be sent "a strong delusion" by God in the aftermath of the rapture. In short, they will see that millions of people (Christians) are no longer here, but will believe it's a trick or a hoax (they're off hiding in caves in the mountains or something). It is their belief that if the rapture comes, the only people left behind that will have a chance of going to heaven will be the children, and their progeny. And it'll be a tough row to hoe--what with the tribulation, the antichrist, having to have the number of the beast in order to buy food and do business, etc.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 18:09
    well as a society we should protect the ones unable to protect themselves. that include idiots. as much as we would like to let natural selection remove those retards from the gene pool, we might need them later on. And frankly there will always be a smarter person trying to con a less smart one so stopping the former might be beneficial for society.
    I'm not sure where you would draw the line here.

I tend to draw it as fraud. In this case they specifically tell you what their service is and under what conditions they hold as deciding whether the rapture has happened.

Where is the fraudulent claim? They probably do actually believe that the rapture will happen. If you believe that too then you might want to pay to have an email sent in that eventuality.

I think this is ridiculous, but I don't see anything illegal about it.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 21:32
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I'm not sure where you would draw the line here.

I tend to draw it as fraud. In this case they specifically tell you what their service is and under what conditions they hold as deciding whether the rapture has happened.

Where is the fraudulent claim? They probably do actually believe that the rapture will happen. If you believe that too then you ...[text shortened]... n that eventuality.

I think this is ridiculous, but I don't see anything illegal about it.
    yeah i feared that as well. so they continue the scam in a legal matter and when they decide they have enough they will announce rapture, and move all the money in the caymans islands
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '08 08:22
    yeah i feared that as well. so they continue the scam in a legal matter and when they decide they have enough they will announce rapture, and move all the money in the caymans islands
    So either heaven is in the Caymans or they are not good Christians?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 May '08 08:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    ...or they are not good Christians?
    Who is?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '08 09:15
    Who is?
    I meant that they are not worthy of getting to heaven at the rapture - hence the plan to head for the caymans with all the money of those taken by the rapture.
    I believe that a lot of Christians don't think that being good is a necessary condition for being taken at the rapture.
    If they are wrong, and you are right that there are no good Christians then maybe the rapture will pass us by with no-one actually disappearing.

That made me think of a flaw in the plan under discussion. Suppose you are a Christian who signs up to the website and the rapture takes place and you do not get taken, then you will be left with no money! Of course some Christians believe they can judge themselves and be sure that they will be taken, but it appears that the people running the website are not so certain of themselves (if only two log in then they assume that the other three have been taken and two have been left behind).
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 May '08 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I'm not a dispensationalist, but the ones I know do NOT believe there will be a "window of opportunity" after the rapture for the unsaved of age to be saved. There's a verse (somewhere, Thessolonians maybe?) that says the unsaved will be sent "a strong delusion" by God in the aftermath of the rapture. In short, they will see that millions of people (Chri rist, having to have the number of the beast in order to buy food and do business, etc.
    Nevermind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree