‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
From my limited understanding of annihilationism, which I prefer in theory to an eternity in hell, the extinguishment of the unsaved would last a second or so. That does not seem so unjust.
But whatever is Biblically supported, whatever is God’s way of dealing with the unsaved is what I support.
Well good luck finding someone who can help you navigate from "eternity" to "a second or two" in order for you to appease your own conscience and sense of morality, not to mention common sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Well good luck finding someone who can help you navigate from "eternity" to "a second or two" in order for you to appease your own conscience and sense of morality, not to mention common sense.
I take it you do not believe in annihilationism? Apparently there is Biblical support for it.

Do you believe in eternal punishment in hell for the unsaved?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

And good luck finding someone who can educate you on the points that you don’t have all the answers and that the ways of an omniscient and completely holy God are far superior to the ways of His creation, particularly after the fall.

“Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?”

(Job 40:8)

“Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?“

(Isaiah 45:9)

S. Korea

Moves
07 Feb 18

If you had been posting here in this forum for longer than a few weeks you would realise that I am very open about my beliefs and quite happy to discuss them. You will find however that the usual Christian arsenal of hooks and barbs about believing the entire bible at face value, attending church, doffing my cap to pseudo Christian authority and abiding by the evangelical traditions won’t have much effect.
So do be open, then, and let me know why it is that you feel you have the right to condemn the church fathers and cherrypick the Bible.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @jacob-verville
So do be open, then, and let me know why it is that you feel you have the right to condemn the church fathers and cherrypick the Bible.
Propagators of the torturer god theology cherry pick the Bible too.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Propagators of the torturer god theology cherry pick the Bible too.
Is the dive character an atheist? If so, I can see why he’s latched onto this topic, but he ought to take a deep breath and admit to himself that not only does he not have all the answers, but the doctrine he is criticizing may not have as much Biblical support as he may think.

Plus, he’s not omniscient, eternal and completely holy. I trust God’s ways are perfect, merciful and just.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Is the dive character an atheist? If so, I can see why he’s latched onto this topic, but he ought to take a deep breath and admit to himself that not only does he not have all the answers, but the doctrine he is criticizing may not have as much Biblical support as he may think.

Plus, he’s not omniscient, eternal and completely holy. I trust God’s ways are perfect, merciful and just.
I've met loads of Christians who do not subscribe to the torturer god theology. There are several on this forum. You whinging on about how divegeester is "not omniscient, eternal and completely holy" is risible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

I've met loads of Christians who do not subscribe to the torturer god theology. There are several on this forum. You whinging on about how divegeester is "not omniscient, eternal and completely holy" is risible.
But is the dive character an atheist? I’ve already said I don’t have a strong opinion on whether annihilationism or an eternity in hell is the dispensation of the damned so I really don’t have a dog in this fight.

I know the ultimate fate of the unsaved will be just because God is in control and His judgments are perfect and He is trustworthy.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

But is the dive character an atheist?
Don't be such an oaf. I have mentioned at least three times DIRECTLY to you that he is your fellow Christian.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

I’ve already said I don’t have a strong opinion on whether annihilationism or an eternity in hell is the dispensation of the damned so I really don’t have a dog in this fight.
Which makes the stuff you are saying to divegeester all the more risible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Don't be such an oaf. I have mentioned at least three times DIRECTLY to you that he is your fellow Christian.
You excerpted one of my posts! Thank goodness I’m not you or I’d be throwing a hissy fit right about now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Which makes the stuff you are saying to divegeester all the more risible.
How so? I think there is Biblical evidence to support both but I haven’t really looked into it.

But I trust whatever fate awaits the unsaved is proper and just because God has decreed it.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

You excerpted one of my posts! Thank goodness I’m not you or I’d be throwing a hissy fit right about now.
Did I remove any words from a sentence to alter its content or meaning? No. Enough with this banter. Your asking about whether he is a Christian - when I have told you repeatedly that he is - sounds like an affectation, mere banter anyway.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Did I remove any words from a sentence to alter its content or meaning? No. Enough with this banter. Your asking about whether he is a Christian - when I have told you repeatedly that he is - sounds like an affectation, mere banter anyway.
Neither did I, and your full post was right above the post I excerpted three words from. You act like you’re writing the Magna Carta on here.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Neither did I, and your full post was right above the post I excerpted three words from. You act like you’re writing the Magna Carta on here.
You removed 20 words from a 23 word sentence. If you'd left the sentence intact your silly banter answer would have highlighted your dishonesty.