‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @nicksten
i have already answered.
Are being disingenuous again? I asked the question on page 47. And you didn't answer it on that page. Nor on page 48 or 49. And here we are on page 49.

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @nicksten
WOW or a keyword search on a Bible programme 😉 😉
I’m sure FMF is impressed with your abilities and yet fearful of Jesus now. Well done.

Moves
12 Jan 18
1 edit

It’s interesting to note that dj2becker seems to have gone very quiet in this thread...

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s interesting to note that dj2becker seems to have gone very quiet in this thread...
'Interesting' or 'pleasing?'

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Nicksten has taken a 25 word sliver of ancient text called Psalms 14:1 but he seeks to lop off the last 14 words of it, and only use the first 11 words, which - as it happens - don't apply to me as I have never said 'in my heart' "There is no God" and this is case closed, apparently.

Two things come to my mind [1] it seems like an awfully tawdry and trite u ...[text shortened]... and [2] there seems to be a kind of beyond-parody feel to Nicksten's performance on this thread.
...don't apply to me as I have never said 'in my heart' "There is no God" and this is case closed, apparently.
You have made this claim many, many times and yet...
You continue to make statements such as the following when pressed for your view on God:

I have no belief in supernatural causality or the existence of any kind of supernatural instructions detailing punishments and rewards to humans ~ so I am not superstitious.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
[b]...don't apply to me as I have never said 'in my heart' "There is no God" and this is case closed, apparently.
You have made this claim many, many times and yet...
You continue to make statements such as the following when pressed for your view on God:

I have no belief in supernatural causality or the existence of any kind of supernatural instructions detailing punishments and rewards to humans ~ so I am not superstitious.
[/b]
I do not claim there is no god. But I do lack belief in supernatural causality.

I most certainly find the kind of claims you and other Christians make about divine beings and other phenomena to be not credible.

In so far as religionists claim their various god figures have communicated with them, I am a non-believer.

By contrast, if I am not mistaken, a poster who would be inclined to state his position as being 'there is no god', is Ghost of a Duke.

Moves
13 Jan 18
1 edit

I most certainly find the kind of claims you and other Christians make about divine beings and other phenomena to be not credible.

In so far as religionists claim their various god figures have communicated with them, I am a non-believer.

By contrast, if I am not mistake ...[text shortened]... ster who would be inclined to state his position as being 'there is no god', is Ghost of a Duke.
I am inclined to say that if man claims that God is a despot who says he loves those he died for, but tortures for eternity them that disbelieve him...then I say there is no such thing. There is no god that this man claims.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18

What I find interesting is that proponents of the torturer god ideology seem unwilling to make a moral argument but instead offer a blend of rote-learned textual analysis (as if the text is somehow smoking gun evidence of its own veracity) with a strand of "moral" reasoning that is little more than common or garden B-movie gangsterism.

Moves
13 Jan 18

By contrast, if I am not mistake ...[text shortened]... ster who would be inclined to state his position as being 'there is no god', is Ghost of a Duke.
You are not mistaken.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 18
2 edits

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure you do claim there is no god. Your own words prove that you say that exactly.

Here you say that you do not completely negate the possibility of God. Maybe there's God. You don't positively claim there is no God. But what you describe as candidates rule out God.

The possible God could then only be by natural causality ?
Such a Person should have been only been caused by non-supernatural causality ?

We might expect to look to natural causality and discover how such a Person was caused by nature?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But you find more credible the possibility that a "supreme being" was produced by natural causality?

In other words being eternal, never having been created, always having lived, existed, being dependent upon nothing else is impossible with any God you might imagine in an agnostic way.

A naturally caused God you find credible because that does not involve supernatural causality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So you do not rule out the possibility of God.
But that God would have to have nothing to do with supernatural causality. I suppose that rules out uncaused, eternal, ever-existing, self-existing, everlasting, and the ground of all creation. ie. I AM THAT I AM.

I think that that is really Atheism.
Its puzzling why you wouldn't just admit that

By contrast, if I am not mistaken, a poster who would be inclined to state his position as being 'there is no god', is God.

--------------------------------------------------------
Well, I think that is you too.
What "god or God" you are willing to imagine is really in existence because of natural causation.

So why don't you just say you're an atheist with the conviction of Ghost-of-a-Duke, as you claim, says.

You believe in the possibility of naturally caused beings.
You don't believe in any Supreme Being who transcends all natural causes. Sounds like the concept of Atheism to me.

What do you gain by obscuring your confession - ie. "There may be naturally caused beings we call gods. There is no ultimate most high being who is supernatural or involved with the supernatural." ?

F

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Sure you do claim there is no god. Your own words prove that you say that exactly.
No, sonship, you're making stuff up, yet again. I do not claim there is no god, and I never have. My own words expressly state it, exactly so. Read them. And stop superimposing your own ideas onto them.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18

[b] I do not claim there is no god. But I do lack belief in supernatural causality.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you say that you do not completely negate the possibility of God. Maybe there's God. You don't positively c ...[text shortened]... re is no ultimate most high being who is supernatural or involved with the supernatural." [/i] ?[/b]
Good grief, sonship. Just read the words I wrote. They lay out what belief I have and what belief I lack. There really is no need for you to attribute beliefs to me and then critique your versions of them.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18
1 edit

I think that that is really Atheism.
Its puzzling why you wouldn't just admit that
What are you puzzled about? In a discussion earlier last year with divegeester and Ghost of a Duke I described my beliefs with the label 'agnostic atheism' [I first started pondering this after reading googlefudge's excellent contributions a few years back], and then repeated that several times in the subsequent months on threads that you were active on. If you didn't cast yourself as the oblivious and aloof holy man lecturer and actually listened to and talked on-the-level to other members of this community, you'd not be affectedly "puzzled" at all.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18
1 edit

You don't believe in any Supreme Being who transcends all natural causes.
There might be a supernatural being. But, I don't have any reason to believe you have any credible information about it, if it exists.

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Unlike you I have a life. Outside of this forum. I will respond when I get the time.