‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Unlike you I have a life. Outside of this forum. etc.
What do you know about divegeester's life beyond this forum? You sound like a teenager with a chip on his shoulder. You do realize that you have probably written more posts, and therefore spent more of your time on this forum, than he has in the last year or two?

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What do you know about divegeester's life beyond this forum? You sound like a teenager with a chip on his shoulder. You do realize that you have probably written more posts, and therefore spent more of your time on this forum, than he has in the last year or two?
It was said tongue in check. You need to develop a sense of humor, cranky old man. 😉

F

Moves
13 Jan 18
1 edit

It was said tongue in check. You need to develop a sense of humor, cranky old man. 😉
Good grief. It's not my sense of humour that's the problem. Do you hang out with people in their mid-teens? What's wrong with something like 'Hey lighten up, I've been busy!'? Instead, you toss out an adolescent 'get-a-life' type cliche.

You seem to flinch when posters call you out for acting like a surly teenager, but then when you're in quips-and-retorts mode, especially, it's exactly how you come across.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
There might be a supernatural being. But, I don't have any reason to believe you have any credible information about it, if it exists.
So there might be God but you don't trust me telling you about God. Okay.

There could be God apart from natural causality, just as long as I remain a deceiver.

How about Jesus Himself as presented in the Gospels? Does your rule play out that there may be God just as long as the untrustworthy deception of Jesus Christ is avoided?

Moves
13 Jan 18

Unlike you I have a life. Outside of this forum. I will respond when I get the time.
What have you don’t with the real Galveston75?

Moves
13 Jan 18

Unlike you I have a life. Outside of this forum. I will respond when I get the time.
I’ve bumped a comment by Nicksten, which he directed at you, at least four times and you’ve been ignoring it. You were posting in another thread on this forum at the very time on at least one occasion.

Moves
13 Jan 18

In thread we have seen no rational, no argument based on morality to support a version of Jesus who will burn alive billions of people for rejecting the the love he has for them as described in John 3:16.

All we have seen is dozens of pages of biblical text to support other biblical text which allegedly supports this holcaust. Or we have seen obfuscation and dancing around the subjected by other Christians too uncomfortable to admit what it is that they actually believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
I’ve bumped a comment by Nicksten, which he directed at you, at least four times and you’ve been ignoring it. You were posting in another thread on this forum at the very time on at least one occasion.
Divegeester, Don't ignore the seven questions about Luke 12:5. That's been maybe four "bumps" to YOU now.

I don't count Rajk999's answers to be your answers.

Just answer the first two questions now to start, please.

" But I will tell show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has authority to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, fear this One. " (Luke 12:5)

1.) Is this a saying of Jesus about where fear should be placed ?

2.) Does the teaching teach that God can no nothing more to a man than other men can do ?

Moves
13 Jan 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @sonship
Just answer the first two questions now to start, please.
Sigh, ok.

1 Yes it is saying to fear god.
2 “the teaching teach”?? If you are asking can god do more to a man than a man can, then yes of course he can.

Is that it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 18
2 edits

Sigh, ok.

1 Yes it is saying to fear god.
2 “the teaching teach”?? If you are asking can god do more to a man than a man can, then yes of course he can.

Is that it?
Thankyou for your two replies.

On 1.) I have to agree. Jesus is telling men what to fear and for explicitly what reason.

On 2.) Of course the teaching says the fear of God is more important because His reach, His power, His authority to deal with any of us surpasses what human beings have.

Perhaps with JUST these two points we could not certainly establish that all such dealings beyond physical death must be eternal.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 18
2 edits

The symbolism of Gehenna is that of a garbage heap, a place of refuse, a kind of burning city dump, a place of trash.

You usually do not send things to the city dump to be repaired.
The words convey that God has a trash heap of disposal of what has become refuse, garbage in His eyes.

By answering 2.) as you did why don't you skip 3.) for now and just answer 4.) ?

4.) Does the teaching teach that physical death -
"killing" puts a man forever beyond the possibility of him being further harmed by God, should God desire to harm?

If you say NO [edited] as I think you will, then there is a criticism that you should drop. That is the criticism that God must "keep you ALIVE" in order to torment you.

If He doesn't have to keep you "non-killed" then there must be a suffering which can be suffered by men even though they were and remain physically killed.

Remember that the next time you want to play your card - "You eternal punishment Christians teach God keeps people alive to torture them forever."

Moves
13 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship
The symbolism of Gehenna is that of a garbage heap, a place of refuse, a kind of burning city dump, a place of trash.

You usually do not send things to the city dump to be repaired.
The words convey that God has a trash heap of disposal of what has become refuse, garbage in His eyes.

By answering [b]2.)
as you did why don't you skip 3.) [/ ...[text shortened]... You eternal punishment Christians teach God keeps people[b] alive to torture them forever."[/b]
I have absolutely no idea what you are waffling on about.

Moves
13 Jan 18
2 edits

Sonship you are so twisted by your sick beliefs about your version of this torturing Jesus that you will read ANYTHING into ANY scripture to help you justify it to yourself.

Try and explain to me WHY your version of Jesus Christ who SO LOVED THE WORLD that he would die for every single person, would then find it “perfect justice” to supernaturally keep them alive and burn them in hell for ETERNITY?

It is a disgusting sleight on the gospel of Jesus Christ and the nature of my God and YOU are bringing it into mockery and disrepute.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 18

After you agree to the first two clear statements by Christ he then twists and manipulates it and sets you up for believing in his eternal torment doctrine.

There is what the Bible says clearly about destruction of the wicked
Then there is the doctrine of eternal torment preached by churches

In between those two, churches add such terms and expressions which have roots in the bible but with a twisted interpretation..
- lake of fire is a place of torment
- eternal judgment = eternal torment
- not being in the book of life = eternal torment

Moves
13 Jan 18

I think he is saying that good and caring people, of whom I have known many, are considered 'trash' if they don't believe in God and are discarded and eternally tormented accordingly.