1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 10:03
    It seems to me that most if not all theists believe that their god will ultimately save them in some way - if they live according to god's word that is. Atheists have no god that can intervene and save them. They have to rely on themselves and the human (and sometimes animal and some even extra-terrestrial) world around them but understand that neither they nor those around them can be trusted 100% of the time. Is this opposite of what you just said, GB. What say you, divegeester?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 10:19
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    It seems to me that most if not all theists believe that their god will ultimately save them in some way - if they live according to god's word that is. Atheists have no god that can intervene and save them. They have to rely on themselves and the human (and sometimes animal and some even extra-terrestrial) world around them but understand that neithe ...[text shortened]... trusted 100% of the time. Is this opposite of what you just said, GB. What say you, divegeester?
    I am an 'independent' Christian with absolutely no affiliation to any religious organisation, in fact I abhor denominational Christianity and especially the cult offshoots such as the Jehovah's Witnesses who believe that unless you are a member of their organisation you are outside of God's grace.

That being said I don't hold myself in any esteem whatsoever as a Christian, I am full of what Christians regard as sin, and I rely totally on God's grace for any salvation that may occur to me. I also completely reject the idea of an eternal 'hell' and trust the God that I believe in implicitly that he will do what is right and just. This has been my experience on a personal level, but I do not intend sharing any of that here.

I trust hat gives you some insight to me position.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 10:47
    Without getting into detail concerning your experience on a personal level, do you think that everyone has had (or will have before their death) such an experience?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 13:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hi, twhitehead. It's been awhile. With respect to your comment:
    "My view is that your view is quite obviously wrong...",
    please spell out any errors in my point of view. Thanks. -Bob
    Many of us do not 'place our ultimate confidence in someone or some thing'. That you think otherwise suggests you either think you can read the minds of every human being on the planet, or you think your claim is some fundamental aspect of human nature applying to every human whether a day old baby or a clinically insane person, or a coma patient, or someone with alzheimers. As I said, if you had given it some thought, you would see that your view was quite obviously wrong.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 14:57
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Without getting into detail concerning your experience on a personal level, do you think that everyone has had (or will have before their death) such an experience?
    I don't know, probably not.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 16:29
    Lest you ask who leads me, in what household I lodge.
    There is no master in whose words I am bound to take an oath.
    Where ever the storm forces me, there I put in as a guest.

Horace, 15 BC
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 20:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree