1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 18:31
    Originally posted by telerion
    Yes, but now we have to listen to "Good Rex/ Bad Rex" for two more weeks. I hate to see the Bears (minus Grossman) lose, but if that is what it takes for intoxicated Chi guys to realize that Grossman is just barely average than so be it.
    One of 'em needs to set Hypa straight then.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 18:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I was expecting a 10 point spread given the recognized superiority of the AFC. I might have taken the Bears with 10, but 7 doesn't seem enough - they won't have home field advantage in the Super Bowl.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 18:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 19:16
    LOL, telerion

Even if the Bears do lose(most likely a very close game)

I bet you Rex will have less mistakes and turnovers than manning.

Only then will non believers shut up.

LOL, you know there are people who said Dwayne Wade sucked as a rookie too, LMAO. Everyone is for the prodigies Carmelo and Lebron. yet Dwayne got the Championship ring before them, and plays just as good if not better.

It's bad enough people on the inner City streets talk bad about Grossman. And even after proving himself over and over again, people bring up 1-2 bad months when he was trying to force plays.

Tsk tsk.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 19:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Manning looked pretty sharp in the second half yesterday and the Colt run defense has been a lot better in the playoffs. I think the Bear win yesterday is a bit of a mirage; they were playing a playoff inexperienced dome team in cold weather. Even at that, the game was up for grabs until the 4th quarter.
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 19:29

7. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 23:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Manning looked pretty sharp in the second half yesterday and the Colt run defense has been a lot better in the playoffs. I think the Bear win yesterday is a bit of a mirage; they were playing a playoff inexperienced dome team in cold weather. Even at that, the game was up for grabs until the 4th quarter.
    You're kidding right?

It was up for grabs even thought the Saints didn't lead at all the entire game?

The Bears slipped on the snow too, that had little to no effect on the outcome of the game.

Now when the wind blows the field goal kicks into the stratosphere like they did early last season, then you could say something.

The same way Manning stepped his game up when EVERYONE said the stupid Patriots were gonna win, Grossman and the bears running game, offense, defense, and every possible facet stepped their game up.

Which is why they are in the SuperBowl. You don't get to the Super Bowl by scratching your ass.

If that was true, The Bears woulda got to the SuperBowl LAST year when they were NFC Champs, and lost in the first round cuz they weren't prepared.

Give them their due, and stop hating.

game was up for grabs until 4th quarter...My ASS!

This wasn't the Sea Hawks game dude, lol
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by Hypa
    You're kidding right?

It was up for grabs even thought the Saints didn't lead at all the entire game?

The Bears slipped on the snow too, that had little to no effect on the outcome of the game.

Now when the wind blows the field goal kicks into the stratosphere like they did early last season, then you could say something.

The same way Manning steppe me was up for grabs until 4th quarter...My ASS!

This wasn't the Sea Hawks game dude, lol
    The score was 18-14 you loudmouthed little jerk; that's up for grabs. Did you even bother to watch the game?
  9. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 01:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The score was 18-14 you loudmouthed little jerk; that's up for grabs. Did you even bother to watch the game?
    It was 18-14 in the 3rd quarter.

The Saints got lucky to even get the second touchdown. Mind you, you said 4th quarter like it was a last minute thing or something.

They got the lucky 14 points, Bears safetied them and got 2 more, then proceeded to get 21 more points.

If you think scoring 0 points in the last 25-something odd minutes of the game is NOT up for grabs.

And if you think so, you sir are a moron, and biased.
  10. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 01:05

11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 05:241 edit
    It was 18-14 in the 3rd quarter.

The Saints got lucky to even get the second touchdown. Mind you, you said 4th quarter like it was a last minute thing or something.

They got the lucky 14 points, Bears safetied them and got 2 more, then proceeded to get 21 more points.

If you think scoring 0 points in the last 25-something odd minutes of the game is NOT up for grabs.

And if you think so, you sir are a moron, and biased.
    It was 18-14 starting the fourth quarter; what are you, stupid? I said the game was up for grabs until the fourth quarter and it was.

There was little luck on the Bush touchdown; the Bear defense didn't cover him out of the backfield and couldn't tackle him in the open field. That's "luck"??? Well, expect more "luck" from the Colt offense in a couple of weeks.
  12. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 07:021 edit
    Yea, except, that was the #1 Offense in the NFL, which got 2 TD's on our defense. The Colts don't have that kinda power.

And if they do score more, that just shows that ratings and statistics hardly effect a game match up. Like every game the bears plays, the other team is favored, in fact, I think the colts are favored by 7 or something.

So if they score more than 14, it shows their offense can be more effective than the #1 offense.

Either way, it'll be a good match. I think both teams will have some good catching and running plays, but I think the Bears defense will be that much ahead of theirs, which will help them win, like generally every opponent they play
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 07:22
    Yea, except, that was the #1 Offense in the NFL, which got 2 TD's on our defense. The Colts don't have that kinda power.

And if they do score more, that just shows that ratings and statistics hardly effect a game match up. Like every game the bears plays, the other team is favored, in fact, I think the colts are favored by 7 or something.

So if they score ...[text shortened]... that much ahead of theirs, which will help them win, like generally every opponent they play
    Are you a child? The Colt offense led by the best quarterback in the league doesn't have the "power" of New Orleans??🙄
  14. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 07:35
    The Colts have a weak defense, and the Bears have a weak offense. My guess? Rex Grossman doesn't throw more than 20 passes all game, but they run it 45-50 times at the Colts.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 08:01
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    The Colts have a weak defense, and the Bears have a weak offense. My guess? Rex Grossman doesn't throw more than 20 passes all game, but they run it 45-50 times at the Colts.
    The Bears will probably try that but that was the game plan for Kansas City and Baltimore against the Colts in the playoffs. However, the Colt defense has stopped the run in the playoffs allowing only 219 yards and 13 first downs rushing in three games. And was against Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis and Corey Dillon, all much better backs than Thomas Jones.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree