1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by Hypa
    yes he is a star. It's crazy fans who like to follow what the media says who ruin his confidence.

The moment there's no protection and he has a turnover the whole world is against him.

Where was the attention a couple weeks ago when bret favre threw 5 interceptions in one game?

He's a great quarterback, and he just showed up Brees, who everyone would say is leagues better than him.

But where are all those quarterbacks now?

At home
    The Chicago Bears are going to the SB despite Grossman not because of him. His QB rating and playoff performances are visible for all to see. The kid is a par to sub-par QB playing with a good offense and an outstanding D and ST.

He was very lucky today to get away with some of the bombs he threw. I guarentee you that when they go up against the Pats or Colts Grossman will get embarassed especially against the Pats secondary. He won't be able to throw risky lobs to Berrian against them.

Edit: I hope you don't jump ship after the SB. I can see a newbie like you talking smack and running away.
  2. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 02:351 edit
    lol, I aint no Newbie. Most people don't become fans until AFTER the team goes to the second round.

Rex grossman will throw a bomb and Colts and Pats won't do anything about it. Bears have learned to adjust to win he throws a long one, and if he does, they will be in position, and if not, they will swat it.

They realize how Grossman will play under pressure, and will better protect him, cuz even the greats like Favre, will crumble under pressure, I.E., the 5 turnovers, and he's not even in the playoffs, LOL.

Rex grossman is much smarter and will get away from the guy going to sack him, and throw it in the crowd before trying to FORCE a play and do too much, which is like 60% of the reason he had those turnovers.

Anyways, 10 years from now when he is an all-star, you'll all have jumped on the bandwagon and realized it too late.

As for basketball, I saw the greatness in Ben Gordon, everyone is rooting for Lebron or whatever jumping on bandwagons. Gordon is a possible all-star this and next year already. First SG to drop two 40 point games since Michael Jordan.

The newest future all-star I see, Tyrus Thomas for the Chicago Bulls
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 02:49
    and the saints go marching home one by one hoorah hoorah...
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 03:19
    lol, I aint no Newbie. Most people don't become fans until AFTER the team goes to the second round.

Rex grossman will throw a bomb and Colts and Pats won't do anything about it. Bears have learned to adjust to win he throws a long one, and if he does, they will be in position, and if not, they will swat it.

They realize how Grossman will play under pressu ...[text shortened]... ince Michael Jordan.

The newest future all-star I see, Tyrus Thomas for the Chicago Bulls
    You're a newbie to this board.

Anyway, fortunately we have been spared the aweful SB (Pats-Bears).

GO COLTS!!!
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 03:37
    Originally posted by telerion
    GO COLTS!!!
    GO BEARS!!!
  6. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 04:38
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    GO BEARS!!!
    Exactly 😀

And since this site is based on how many chess moves you make, it's only a matter of time....

Either way, Bears are the shiznit, no matter if they lose, even though they'll most likely crush Indiana, which for some reason doesn't have a city good enough for a sports team, and has all it's teams named after the state....

Go ILLINOIS BEARS! LOL
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:14
    If things keep going like they have for me then new england will win the Super Bowl.
  8. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:45
    Luckily that won't happen. Indiana handed their ass to them.

Looks like things are going mmyyyyyyyy way 😀
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:56
    Exactly 😀

And since this site is based on how many chess moves you make, it's only a matter of time....

Either way, Bears are the shiznit, no matter if they lose, even though they'll most likely crush Indiana, which for some reason doesn't have a city good enough for a sports team, and has all it's teams named after the state....

Go ILLINOIS BEARS! LOL
    Hmm . . . what is Indianapolis then exactly?

Anyway, congrats on the win today. Looking forward to 2 weeks from now. Although I'm a bit depressed that I've been reduced to rooting for Manning and the Colts.
  10. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 08:35
    A city that doesn't have any sports teams?
    lol

It's about time Maning got his comeuppance against New England. I
    m tired of seeing them everywhere anyway
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 14:07
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hmm . . . what is Indianapolis then exactly?
    The city that welcomed the team rejected by Baltimore, winners in Miami the first time I watched the Superbowl. The Colts haven't been back since until this year.
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 14:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 15:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes, but now we have to listen to "Good Rex/ Bad Rex" for two more weeks. I hate to see the Bears (minus Grossman) lose, but if that is what it takes for intoxicated Chi guys to realize that Grossman is just barely average than so be it.
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 16:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 18:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree. I think the Bears match up better against the Colts than against the Pats. The only question is the Bears secondary. Seattle showed that you can pass on them. Then again the Bears held it together against Brees and the Saints receivers. Seattle showed that you can run on the Bears (especially up the middle), but the Bears closed that down against the Saints.

Going back to the secondary, that's going to be the key for the Bears. How do you play a loose enough D not to get burned by the big play (which is Indy's bread and butter) and still stop plays over the middle to the TE's. The Pats did a pretty good job (especially Asante Samuel) of shutting down the big pass play. Nevertheless, in the second quarter, Dallas Clark ate the NE secondary alive! Urlacher is going to have to be on his game covering the middle of the field if the Bears are going to contain the Indy Off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree