1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 May '07 20:11
    What position does Anderson play in? Palynka, he's coming from your team? What's he like?

D
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 May '07 20:21
    Anderson looks the mutt's.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lH7uQwOhKd4&mode=related&search=

How's his consistency?

D
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    30 May '07 21:13
    Pah. They'll do nothing against the mighty Rams!!!!
  4. LA
    Moves
    31 May '07 06:42
    OMG Nani and Anderson in the same day, add Hargrieves and maybe an extra striker and Manchester United have one hell of a team and squad.

Nani and Anderson are 2 of the most promising attacking midfield players in world football, Anderson is already in the Brazil squad at 19.

Add Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick and an ageing Scholes and Giggs and United will be much stronger over the next 2 years.

I can see Rafa's frustration, Tottenham and United seem to be buying up all the best young talent.

Liverpool need to buy Tevez right now, forget about Eto, you need Tevez.
    I would love it if we bought him also.

I almost feel sorry for Rafa, almost....😏
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 06:452 edits
    Anderson was pretty amazing at Porto, but has been facing injury problems. It's a very risky buy for United (due to those injury problems), but his potential is impressive and he's already very good.

In Porto he played as a playmaker (offensive midfielder) and surprised everyone by not being a show-off but actually playing a tactically strong game with the occasional flash of brilliance. He came from Brazil with the reputation of the new Ronaldinho, but his style of play is (or has been) quite different, though.

If he's being sold at 25 million euros, sounds pretty expensive though. I hope this will allow Quaresma to stay for one more year.

As for Nani, if you ask a Sporting fan he'll tell you this kid is the next great Portuguese winger. I'm a bit more unconvinced but he's very fast and technical. If you guys build up his physique like you did with Ronaldo he could be a pretty good player. An even riskier buy.

That said, if any of these two lives up to the hype you'll have bought at least one world class player. It's not unlikely that at least one does, but you'll need patience. They're not likely to explode in their first year.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 06:492 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Anderson looks the mutt's.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lH7uQwOhKd4&mode=related&search=

How's his consistency?

D
    In Porto he was very consistent, but the video will give you the image of a player who does a lot of technical tricks. Anderson didn't play at Porto like that. He restrains himself and knows how to use those tricks sparingly and effectively.

The more I think about it, the less I'm happy about him leaving. 😞 Oh, well. We do what we can to keep us top in the long-term though.

Edit - Sorry, I thought you were talking about this video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJe9JgzWv4E

Your video is pretty much representative of his stuff at Porto.
  7. LA
    Moves
    31 May '07 07:02
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Anderson was pretty amazing at Porto, but has been facing injury problems. It's a very risky buy for United (due to those injury problems), but his potential is impressive and he's already very good.

In Porto he played as a playmaker (offensive midfielder) and surprised everyone by not being a show-off but actually playing a tactically strong game with th ...[text shortened]... one does, but you'll need patience. They're not likely to explode in their first year.
    Thanks for the background information.

Yes I agree that young talented players are a risk.

The encourageing thing is that Sir Alex Ferguson has proved time and time again that he knows exactly how to develop young talent into some of the best players in the world.

ie. Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Stam, Keane, Carrick, Neville, Van Nistelrooy, Vidic, Schmikel, Cantona, Yorke.

How many times have we heard from other teams/managers that they have the 'Next Zidane' only for them to move on in a year or so?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 07:04
    If you guys also get Huntelaar, you'll have one of the hottest young teams that I remember ever since the Ajax days.

Of course, Fergie will need to tactically accommodate them. They can't all play at the same time or it would be too offensive... Can they?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    31 May '07 07:49

In Porto he played as a playmaker (offensive midfielder) and surprised everyone by not being a show-off but actually playing a tactically strong game with th ...[text shortened]... one does, but you'll need patience. They're not likely to explode in their first year.
    Quaresma declined Bayern in order to go to Atletico de Madrid, I'm sorry to tell you.

WHat's been said over there about it?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 08:29
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Quaresma declined Bayern in order to go to Atletico de Madrid, I'm sorry to tell you.

WHat's been said over there about it?
    I'm sorry to tell you, but that's just speculation for the moment. Porto has a strict policy to avoid leaks of trade negotiations (look at the Anderson negotiations) and Quaresma said clearly that he would only leave for a Spanish, English or Italian club that fights regularly for the title.

It's a fact that Atletico is interested, but I doubt they'll pay up what we want for Quaresma. If Anderson went for 30 million (25 for Porto, 5 for a management fund that partially owned Anderson's pass), I doubt Quaresma will leave for less.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    31 May '07 08:35
    I'm sorry to tell you, but that's just speculation for the moment. Porto has a strict policy to avoid leaks of trade negotiations (look at the Anderson negotiations) and Quaresma said clearly that he would only leave for a Spanish, English or Italian club that fights regularly for the title.

It's a fact that Atletico is interested, but I doubt they'll pay ...[text shortened]... anagement fund that partially owned Anderson's pass), I doubt Quaresma will leave for less.
    Yup, I guess it all depends on selling Fernando Torres to Liverpool or some other English club.

Also, if Atletico qualifies (as we all expect) for the UEFA Cup and conclude the signing of Recoba and Raul Garcia, it can also be interesting for Quaresma football-wise.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 08:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yup, I guess it all depends on selling Fernando Torres to Liverpool or some other English club.

Also, if Atletico qualifies (as we all expect) for the UEFA Cup and conclude the signing of Recoba and Raul Garcia, it can also be interesting for Quaresma football-wise.
    I don't know. I think Quaresma can do better and he knows it. Portuguese players typically have a hard time to adapt well to Spanish football. Of course, Figo (which was such a professional that could adapt anywhere) and Futre are the obvious exceptions.

Back to the topic, Quaresma and Anderson linked up pretty well. For the price of Nani, I think Quaresma would have been the best option. I would also personally love the possibility of seeing Quaresma, Ronaldo and Anderson playing together...
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 May '07 11:10

The videos on YouTube of Anderson are much more impressive than of Nani.

Anderson won the Player of the Tournament in the U17 World Championship, even though Brazil didn't win. He broke his leg in October, so how many games did he play for Porto last season?

There's no official statement on how much they cost. I'd be surprised if they did turn out to be €25 million each.

So have we signed potential replacements for Giggs and Scholes? And neither of the two are out and out strikers, so we're still going to sign a striker... Huntelaar or Alves are probably the most realistic. Torres or Etoo would be preferred. Judging by Fergies statement that he wanted to add speed to the squad this summer, Alves might be a better prospect than Huntelaar (who appears similar to Ruud)

I think it was a master stroke signing two young players from the same league and with the same language, so hopefully they'll settle in easily, something which has been a problem.

D
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 May '07 11:16
    If you guys also get Huntelaar, you'll have one of the hottest young teams that I remember ever since the Ajax days.

Of course, Fergie will need to tactically accommodate them. They can't all play at the same time or it would be too offensive... Can they?
    I think Fergie has built a team with a rock solid defense, helped by a couple of midfield holding players, and 4 pretty much out and out attackers.

He has always been of the mind that it's better to outscore your opponents.

Don't forget we also have Giuseppe Rossi (who has scored 9 in 19 to help keep Parma up )coming back. An average of 1 in 2 is very good in Italy, especially for a team at the bottom. I just wonder about his physicality for England.
    YouTube

D
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 May '07 14:09
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The videos on YouTube of Anderson are much more impressive than of Nani.

Anderson won the Player of the Tournament in the U17 World Championship, even though Brazil didn't win. He broke his leg in October, so how many games did he play for Porto last season?

There's no official statement on how much they cost. I'd be surprised if they did turn out t ...[text shortened]... e language, so hopefully they'll settle in easily, something which has been a problem.

D
    so how many games did he play for Porto last season?
    Not a lot, but he arrived at Porto the season before that.

I think it was a master stroke to move fast and sign Hargreaves and two talented youngsters so fast. The other teams haven't yet completed their moves in the market and this could reduce their bargaining power as other clubs know they'll need to buy to compete.

I doubt there's one United fan who isn't feeling pretty happy at these signings today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree