1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 May '07 22:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    If you guys also get Huntelaar, you'll have one of the hottest young teams that I remember ever since the Ajax days.
    Gill is saying that the spending is over.

Therefore, I think the only further possible addition might be a cut price Michael Owen.

D
  2. LA
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 05:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Gill is saying that the spending is over.

Therefore, I think the only further possible addition might be a cut price Michael Owen.

D
    I think its going to be Mark Viduka.

He's a Fergie type player and we get him on a free.

He would also not mind sitting on the bench for many games.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 11:201 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I think its going to be Mark Viduka.

He's a Fergie type player and we get him on a free.

He would also not mind sitting on the bench for many games.
    How do you tie in Viduka with speed? Apparently, hes signed for Newcastle anyway.

Apparently, Klose's contract is up next summer, so he might be distinctly affordable. Not the quickest, but great goalscorer with the left, right and head... http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7pYXXKiV0Q

D
  4. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 03:211 edit
    How do you tie in Viduka with speed? Apparently, hes signed for Newcastle anyway.

Apparently, Klose's contract is up next summer, so he might be distinctly affordable. Not the quickest, but great goalscorer with the left, right and head... http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7pYXXKiV0Q

D
    United don't need speed in attack.
    They have Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, (Saha occasionally).

They need a target man up front who can hold onto the ball, has lots of skill and flare, can change a game on his own, is very cheap and doesn't mind sitting on the bench.

Sort of like another Larsson or Sherringham for a year.

He has all the attributes Fergie wants, except speed but he does not need that right now for a striker backup player.

I think Fergie is waiting until next year for a true striker so he can buy the right kind of player, Anelka, Klose are a waste of money for United, who would you drop and 8 to10m is a lot for a bit part player.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 12:12
    United don't need speed in attack.
    They have Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, (Saha occasionally).

They need a target man up front who can hold onto the ball, has lots of skill and flare, can change a game on his own, is very cheap and doesn't mind sitting on the bench.

Sort of like another Larsson or Sherringham for a year.

He ha ...[text shortened]... re a waste of money for United, who would you drop and 8 to10m is a lot for a bit part player.
    You're talking rubbish.

A) Ferguson has already stated his summer spending plans were to add speed to the attack.
    B) We had that target man in Ruud, but he held back our flowing, attacking football because of his lack of pace and inability to run into the channels.

What are you assuming is our team when you ask "who would you drop" for Anelka/Klose?

D
  6. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 12:54
    OMG Nani and Anderson in the same day, add Hargrieves and maybe an extra striker and Manchester United have one hell of a team and squad.

Nani and Anderson are 2 of the most promising attacking midfield players in world football, Anderson is already in the Brazil squad at 19.

Add Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick and an ageing Scholes and Giggs and ...[text shortened]... ed Tevez.
    I would love it if we bought him also.

I almost feel sorry for Rafa, almost....😏
    I reckon Hargreaves is class! Good pick up by Man U.
  7. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 20:21
    You're talking rubbish.

A) Ferguson has already stated his summer spending plans were to add speed to the attack.
    B) We had that target man in Ruud, but he held back our flowing, attacking football because of his lack of pace and inability to run into the channels.

What are you assuming is our team when you ask "who would you drop" for Anelka/Klose?

D
    If I am talking rubbish why has he spent his budget on two lightning attacking midfield players and a holding midfielder?

United were successful last year becasue they ditched the 4-4-2 formation and played with either:-
    - A fast player just behind Rooney - Giggs
    - Two really fast wingers in a 5 man midfield either 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3.

He is going to use Nani and Anderson either as advanced attacking midfielders or in the hole behind Rooney.

Its you that is talking rubbish, Anderson and Nani have brought the pace to the attack.

We need a backup striker who can sit on the bench and make somehing happen ala Sherringham role ie Viduka.

Do you think he's spent 50m on 3 midfielders only to never use them and buy another striker, then change back to 4-4-2?

If he wanted a pacey striker he could have bought Owen for 11m or Anelka for 9m.
    That though will break up the sides winning stye of play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree